autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cobra Guzzler 16x24

Recently purchased 3 of these towels, not sure why but the micro marred the heck out of my car.

I recently re coated and corrected using Angel Polish Viking Coat. The car sat for 4 days before getting washed. Did my usual wash routine of foam cannon with CG Honeydew, two bucket and leaf blower to dry. I had a few water areas on the car and used my guzzler pick it up. Closer inspection in the sun I had micro marring in areas were I actually wiped off water?

I did a quick buff and the marring went away. These towels have only been used a couple of times and washed using Pinnacle micro fibre cleaner and air dried.?

Anyone else have this issue

Cobra Guzzler 16x24-img_0709-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cobra Guzzler 16x24

I’ve never had an issue with mine. What kind of vehicle is it? Does it have soft paint?

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a typical 2016 Chevy Malibu would say it’s on a harder side could be wrong. Just a strange after effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's pic

Cobra Guzzler 16x24-img_0700-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

So if you spritz a test spot on your car and use the guzzler to wipe, does the same thing happen? What about with another towel

Post Thanks / Like

When you say recoated and polished with PA Viking Coat. Did you polished with something before you coated the car? And what pad did you use to apply Viking Coat with?

Did you try to wipe off with another mf towel?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you wetting those towels before drying the car? They should be wet/very damp before touching paint, and this also "primes" the towel so that it will absorb better.

I use Meguiar's D156 as a drying aid, but I've gone without and have seen no marring with the same towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses, Car was near perfect after the coating which was applied with a black pad. I’m going to come to the conclusion about priming the towel wet first then complete a drying process and not start with a dry guzzler.

9. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Interesting....

I use these towels all the time to dry cars. Most of the time I'm drying BEFOFRE buffing out a car, in other words, I'm washing and drying to get the car ready to buff.

I do use them on my car and the wife's car that have been buffed. I use a cleaner/wax on my rig and I keep PBL Ceramic Coating on the wife's MB. I don't see any marring after use and I start out using them dry. I also use a gentle touch as it's how you touch paint and what you touch paint that determines what happens at the surface level.

If you continue to have issues, call Customer Care and cite this thread and I'm sure they will take care of you.

1-800-869-3011

Post Thanks / Like

This might not help. But I’ve been using the guzzlers fir years and not had the issue.

Biggest tip I learned years ago & employ to this day: Start with drying the windshield first which ‘primes’ the towel and it is now damp for use on the other surfaces. If using more than drying towel, place the 2nd one on the rear window or sunroof to let it absorb water before moving it on the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. Likes 1500canoe, Frank70 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast