autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Sonax CC36 Ceramic Coating

Nice job Guz. Seems like the Sonax CC36 is a solid product.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review and the follow ups is awesome. Great videos to show and share your experience with the products you reviews.

/Tony

4. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review, Guz.

I'm a little disapointed it hear it barely lived up to the documented durability. For the price, I would have expected it to perform on par with the some of the longer lasting coatings.

Right now, two of my vehicles are pushing two years with the McKee's V1 paint coating and I've never used toppers. When you consider the price and the number of vehicles you can coat from a single bottle, or even products like CQ UK which cost more, but last far longer for a lower price it isn't all that competitive.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for the great review, Guz.

I'm a little disapointed it hear it barely lived up to the documented durability. For the price, I would have expected it to perform on par with the some of the longer lasting coatings.

Right now, two of my vehicles are pushing two years with the McKee's V1 paint coating and I've never used toppers. When you consider the price and the number of vehicles you can coat from a single bottle, or even products like CQ UK which cost more, but last far longer for a lower price it isn't all that competitive.
    The claimed durability by Sonax is 1 year. If I didn't use the McKee's Coating Prep Wash, which degraded it, then it would have made it to that year unmolested. Other than losing some of it's hydrophobic properties, it was still on the paint. If one wants to get 3 years out of it then Sonax recommends to use Polymer Net Shield every 6 months as they share similar chemistry. That is no different than using some sort of coating maintenance topper.

But yes there are better coatings on the market. In terms of overall performance and price.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If one wants to get 3 years out of it then Sonax recommends to use Polymer Net Shield every 6 months as they share similar chemistry. That is no different than using some sort of coating maintenance topper.
    Maybe it's just me, but I see PNS as more substantial than your normal topper like Cure or Reload. PNS is typically an every-six-months product anyway, so I'm not sure what is gained from using the coating when going with that type of maintenance routine. From my perspective I'll save time on the front-end (prep/application of the coating), and money in the long run (a can of PNS will provide multiple applications with substantial cost savings) by simply using PNS, which is a great product in it's own right by all accounts.

I'm not trying to be overly critical, just discussing to see if my logic is faulty or I'm overlooking some benifit because I'm cost-concious.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I see PNS as more substantial than your normal topper like Cure or Reload. PNS is typically an every-six-months product anyway, so I'm not sure what is gained from using the coating when going with that type of maintenance routine. From my perspective I'll save time on the front-end (prep/application of the coating), and money in the long run (a can of PNS will provide multiple applications with substantial cost savings) by simply using PNS, which is a great product in it's own right by all accounts.

I'm not trying to be overly critical, just discussing to see if my logic is faulty or I'm overlooking some benifit because I'm cost-concious.
    One also has to keep in mind that coating was developed with the professional in mind and not the enthusiast. That is what I was told by the Sonax representatives. It allows the professional to see the customer sooner to get more money in the pocket of the detailer as they can upsell the benefits of a coating compared to a sealant. This differs to offering a multi-year coating where the customer may not come back.

It gives the customer the option to have something that lasts 6 months or 1 year with longer and better protection. For those customers that do want a touch up later on well PNS is there until they decide it's time for a full refresher.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates. And thanks for keeping it real.

Claims of 1 year, I'd agree with you and say it hit that (cuz of the McKees) - Close enough

12. Likes The Guz liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234