autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review - BF Clay mitt and Lube

I received these products at no charge from Meghan, and in return, I agreed to provide a review on the forum. I will try to keep this as objective as I can.

I am a big fan of clay mitts. They make the process much faster and easier for me and they are much more economical than clay bars. I have used a variety different formats from nanoskin, eagle one, optimum etc.

The BF clay mitt has material all the way to the border of the pad, ensuring complete coverage.

The border stitching is well done and I have little concern of it marring the paint. The loop to hang it is on the inside so as not to touch the paint. The lining material is very nice with good friction and is fully adhered to the outside. I've had others where the material is loose on the inside and this makes it less comfortable and a bit more difficult to use.

The pad broke in very fast on the windshield. It is the optimal size for my hand and, as above, I can make use of the whole pad because the clay material goes all the way to the end. It worked equally well with the BF clay lube and the BF car soap producing no marring. I would characterize the pad a mild as far as clay alternatives go.

The only things I wasn't a huge fan of was the location of the border wrap and the MF side of the pad. The border was wrapped on the same side as the clay material, leaving some potential for it to catch on a part of the car. If the wrap was reversed, that would solve the problem and perhaps it's not consistent with every pad. I realize this makes it possible to create the loop, so it may not be possible to change and retain the loop. You can see in the photo, this is the only spot that was making contact with the paint.

The MF side of the pad is very low nap as expected for a clay mitt, but I wouldn't consider using it to wipe off clay lube. It does however provide decent grip if you choose not wear it as a mitt.

All-in-all this is a very good example of a clay mitt and ticks nearly every box.

As for the clay lube. It smell very nice, it stays wet on the paint and I had no issues with it flashing of even when working in the sun. Just a few sprays was enough to do a fender. It is quite slick and produced no marring with the clay mitt. I had a few areas of marring with a mild clay bar, but I attribute this to using too little lube trying to find the magic amount. It also wipes off with no streaking or residue even when working in the sun, though temps were in the 60s. Again, a very nice clay lube that ticks all the boxes.

Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

2. Thanks Bruno Soares, Diner, Marc08EX thanked for this post
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - BF Clay mitt and Lube

Thank you for the review glad you enjoyed using these products. The mitt makes claying for the detailers a lot more economical!

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Audios S6!! I think it's great BF is offering this. I loved my nanoskin clay towel but it disintegrated already. I'll definitely consider this when I need to buy my next one.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

how would you compare it to the other brand mitts you have used?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    how would you compare it to the other brand mitts you have used?
    The clay material isn't revolutionary compared to anything else on the market. It's the little things that make this a preferred product over other mitts.

The full coverage of material
    Quality stitching and border
    Quality, fully adhered liner with good friction
    Integral loop on the inside
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

8. Thanks Cruzscarwash thanked for this post