autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Microfiber Drying Towel Review - what would you like to see reviewed and how?

I`m putting together a large group of drying towels, some I`ve purchased and some were donated for this review. This will be a comprehensive review and will probably take me weeks to compile. So if rather get the right info that everyone is looking for.

What info does everyone want to see? I will have a video, or videos depending on the info.

So... post your suggestions! If you have a towel that you would like to see a review on, post It! take a look at the list below... if it's not on the list then maybe that vendor will donate one.

Keep in mind some of these were donated, some were purchased by me. I`m just an enthusiast and I have completely BLOWN my budget on this review. This is just part of the spreadsheet I put together. The review will have considerably more information, photos and video. There is over $700 worth of towels on this list and more coming in.

Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy 17x25
    Microfiber Madness WaveRider 20x40
    Rapid Dry Towels The Original Rapid Dry Towel 30x59
    PBMG? Big Blue 18x26
    PBMG? Miracle Towel 16x24
    PBMG? Chinchilla Buffing Cloth 16x16
    Cobra Gold Plush Jr. 16x16
    Jay Leno's Garage Super Drying Dowel 25x36
    MicrofiberTech Motherfluffer XL 22x22
    MicrofiberTech Double Helix 25x36
    MicrofiberTech Extra Fluffy Edgeless Korean Car Drying Towel 24x40
    MicrofiberTech Omega 18x26
    MicrofiberTech Big Thirsty 25x36
    MicrofiberTech Korean Premium Waffle-Weave Window and Drying Towel 16x24
    Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel 25x36
    Griots Garage Drying Towel 25x35
    Griots Garage Ultra-Thick Drying Towel 16x24
    Chemical Guys Woolly Mammoth Microfiber Dryer Towel 25x36
    Chemical Guys Miracle Dryer Absorber 25x36
    Chemical Guys Fluffer Miracle Supra 16x24
    Chemical Guys Glass & Window WW Towel 16x24
    Cobra Suprime 530 25x36
    Cobra Suprime 530 16x24
    Cobra Suprime 530 16x16
    Cobra Gold Plush XL 25x36
    Cobra The Guzzeler WW 16x24
    The Rag Company Platimum Pluffle 16x23
    The Rag Company Twistress 16x24
    The Rag Company Twist N' Shout 24x36
    The Rag Company Smitten Drying Mitt 20x40
    The Rag Company Dry Me A River! Jr. 20x40
    Meguiars Water Magnet WW X2000 22x30
    KL!N KL!N Duo Drying Towel (Large) 27x35
    KL!N KL!N Duo Drying Towel (Medium) 18x27
    I Hate Detailing 001 Drying Towel 29x39

I'm waiting for a few more companies to either respond with a yes/no or what towels they will be donating:
    Gyeon
    UBER drying towel
    2 or 3 others

I want this review to be great and help everyone out! Please let me know what towels you want to be reviewed if they are not on the list. I would also like to hear on how you like to see a towel reviewed, or suggestions of the like.

I did receive the OK from Meghan@Autogeek for posting this review on Autogeek since it has products that are not sold by Autogeek. I will NOT be providing Links to said vendors. It will be the responsibility of the person looking to purchase the towels to find the towels after the review is completed.
    A HUGE Thank You for allowing this to happen here, I truly do appreciate it.

Thank you,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Drying Towel Review - what would you like to see reviewed and how?

Let me save you some time. Griot’s PFM > any other towel. LOL.
    On a serious note, thanks for doing this. I don’t have any suggestions but I look forward to your review.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Drying Towel Review - what would you like to see reviewed and how?

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Let me save you some time. Griot’s PFM > any other towel. LOL.
    On a serious note, thanks for doing this. I don’t have any suggestions but I look forward to your review.
    We will definitely see who's towel is the best! I'm going to break it up into different towel types since I have so many towels to review.
    Microfiber Drying Towel Review - what would you like to see reviewed and how?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really curious to see how Jay Leno's "Super Drying Dowel" will perform. Is it made of soft or hardwood? Something tells me AG/Mike Phillips would not approve of a wood based drying media.

All joking aside, I'm looking forward to the review. Can never have too many drying towels. I mean dowels

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed. A lot of top shelf towels there. I'd like to see how they perform when used with "blot" technique and regular swipe technique. Thanks for puttin this together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Subscribed. A lot of top shelf towels there. I'd like to see how they perform when used with "blot" technique and regular swipe technique. Thanks for puttin this together.
    Sounds good, I will do my best!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Thanks for putting this together. Suggestions? something tells me you will cover everything and then some.
    Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking there is the duragloss towel. And the Adams like I said on autopia. Poorboys also has a waffle weave as does mothers.

Again thanks for doing this is quite exciting don't get down if someone doesn't like some way you do it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Do you have a plan for "controls"?

For example - testing all towels on the same car washed and rinsed the same way for each test.

I know there would be a wide spectrum of results for example if you tested/dried the water off a coated car as compared to a neglected finish or a car that's only seen a car wax.

Looking forward to your testing and results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I was thinking there is the duragloss towel. And the Adams like I said on autopia. Poorboys also has a waffle weave as does mothers.

Again thanks for doing this is quite exciting don't get down if someone doesn't like some way you do it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Duragloss and Mothers - I'll look into them.
    Adams-hoping they call me back today.

Poorboys, unfortunately couldn't help.

Thanks for the response!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast