autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Money Saving Detailing Products

I've been asked by a lot of friends what the best detailing products are without breaking the bank, however, they don't want to sacrifice results. I'm all about saving money on detailing products & I've also found that the cost of products doesn't always determine better results. I've told alot of people to register with Autogeek & look for the sales promotions, which help save money on purchases. What are good products that individuals can use to get the most out of their purchase, for detailing both the inside & outside of their vehicles. Looking for Wax, Sealant, AIO, Compound & Polish etc. I've already recommended APC & No-Rinse washes because they can be diluted to use for multiple products, however, what are other peoples thoughts on what I can recommend to those looking for money saving products?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Money Saving Detailing Products

Here are my thoughts and everything is strictly my opinion.

Wax/Sealant: Collinite 845. Long lasting, looks great, and a bottle will last a VERY long time. There are others in the same cost/performance range, but I've not used them
    Bug Remover: Poorboys bug squash. Works great and comes in a concentrate you dilute 1:3. I can go almost two summers on a bottle.
    AIO: I've been very happy with Griots Garage One Step Sealant. Again, I've not used it, but HD Speed is slightly cheaper and everyone raves about it.
    Wheel Cleaner: Griots Wheel Cleaner. Works well and is economical when purchased by the gallon
    Paint Coating: McKee's 37 Paint Coating. Considering a bottle will cover 3~5 vehicles, I think this coating is a screaming deal. All of my cars are wearing this coating right now.
    Tire Dressing: Duragloss 253. Great price, and years later I still haven't emptied the bottle.
    Polish: Meguiars Ultimate Polish
    Compound: Meguiars Ultimate Compound

For the bargain hunters I don't think you can go wrong with products from Meguiars, Griots, HD, Duragloss, Poorboys or McKee's 37. However, there are still great deals from other brands depending on the type of product you're after. Also, the fairly frequent sales also give you opportunity to get some higher priced products within a more modest budget.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

For AIO best bang for the buck it's hard to beat Meg's 151. It's around $25 for a gallon, has good cut, easy on but the protection doesn't last the longest. I think I got 5 or 6 weeks from it.

Megs ultimate compound and Polish are great off the shelf items and should be able to satisfy any weekend warrior with no issues at all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss products are hard to beat price independent, throw in the low cost, IMHO, nothing else comes close for car wash, detail spray, sealants, AIO, rinseless and waterless. Give me those items with Megs Ultimate Compound and Polish, you are set.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    Duragloss products are hard to beat price independent, throw in the low cost, IMHO, nothing else comes close for car wash, detail spray, sealants, AIO, rinseless and waterless. Give me those items with Megs Ultimate Compound and Polish, you are set.
    I would agree, I haven't tried a Duragloss product that wasn't top notch.

In the end, you really don't need a ton of different products to keep your car looking good, proper technique is the most important thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Money Saving Detailing Products

Well IMO you can't beat N914 because it does several things for you, besides washing your car VERY well it can be made into a paint prep, tire cleaner, etc. Wolfgang Uber rinseless, because it has "some type" of protection in it means you can make clay lube out of it as well and both of these products can be made into a HIGH quality waterless wash as well. I've been using N914 mainly as waterless wash but when used as a rinseless wash don't let the damn near clear, cleaning solution fool you, its in there, heck, add another ounce if you wanna feel better about it, I do.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well IMO you can't beat N914 because it does several things for you, besides washing your car VERY well it can be made into a paint prep, tire cleaner, etc. Wolfgang Uber rinseless, because it has "some type" of protection in it means you can make clay lube out of it as well and both of these products can be made into a HIGH quality waterless wash as well. I've been using N914 mainly as waterless wash but when used as a rinseless wash don't let the damn near clear, cleaning solution fool you, its in there, heck, add another ounce if you wanna feel better about it, I do.
    In the same vein I prefer McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax, no rinse car wash, concentrated no rinse wash, quick detail spray, waterless wash

They don't call it Four-in-One for nothing. Amazingly versatile, amazingly effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    In the same vein I prefer McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax, no rinse car wash, concentrated no rinse wash, quick detail spray, waterless wash

They don't call it Four-in-One for nothing. Amazingly versatile, amazingly effective.
    But the thing with coatings is this, the wax in these wash and waxes that are rinseless is they can and do change the looks of the brilliance you've achieved with the coating alone. I say this because I used the new Griot's RW and wax and TW rinseless wash and wax on my car a little bit after the initial coating and while in the sun at cars and coffees I noticed less gleam. That said, these 2 RW with wax products are outstanding and I encourage people to use the new GG RW with wax because of its concentration amount and how it finishes out just not on a coated car from my experience.

I've used Ech2o and N914 and they look great and yeah, Ech2o has "something" in it but it's gotta be synthetic because the looks are always there afterwards.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever you/they choose, find out how much it will be on Autogeek and then try Amazon, with Prime i always end up saving $10-$15.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 58LesPaul View Post
    Whatever you/they choose, find out how much it will be on Autogeek and then try Amazon, with Prime i always end up saving $10-$15.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    It is a wash for me because of California sales tax. With a sale on AG it is a no brained to use AG over Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk