autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    "I had to wash the car and it was 108F outside." Nope. Nope. and Nope. My hat is off to you Marc. Dry heat or not - that's way too hot for me.

Great reivew though man! UWW will always be a favorite of mine. Thanks for showing us how this one stacks up in the real world.

PS: do you hands a favor and get a Kwazar Compression Sprayer for WW already!
    Thanks a lot Angus! Means a lot coming from you man!

Yeah it's very hard to detail when it's summer here. It's just so hot. We have 5 months where temps are above 100F so it's not like we can just wait it out LOL! I have to live with it unfortunately. I just detailed my Mom's new car over the weekend and it was brutal.

Thanks for the recommendation with the compression sprayer. I do have the PBMG Spray bottles (like the blackfire type) and that's what I use with D115. I use that bottle for the WW I use the most. I do regret not getting the 1L Kwazar bottles though. The 0.5L is just too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Marc !!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you so much Pat!

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Always a pleasure to read your reviews...nicely done
    Thanks a lot atgonzales! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Nice job Marc. Like Angus said, 108 Nope! Thanks for doing this also.
    Thanks a lot buddy! Hey you guys felt that 108F too recently right? At least you only had it for a day hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

This is a great pic of the car!
    Thank you for the compliments Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Cool car and thanks for the review Marc!
    Thank toy so much BadgerRivFan!

Quote Originally Posted by derass View Post
    Seems like a great product to use on a car that's been protected with the Klasse twins!
    This, along with my other favorite WW is great to use on any surface. With or without LSP.

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    Thanks for your write up. I began using this product a couple months ago for WW's too.
    It's my pleasure lane5515. How did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Thank you for the review, sir!

I was a bit on the fence about purchasing this product so I purchased the UWW+ instead. Have you tested the performance as a rinseless wash yet?
    You're welcome SNP209!

Unfortunately, I didn't test the rinseless wash part. I'm not a big fan of rinseless washing.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the very detailed review. I read another link that you provided and it was very thorough as well. I just recently got ONR and have done a couple RWs, and I've been impressed. Can you use ONR the same way? It's not on the instructions, but it seems like it would do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdgamble View Post
    Thanks for the very detailed review. I read another link that you provided and it was very thorough as well. I just recently got ONR and have done a couple RWs, and I've been impressed. Can you use ONR the same way? It's not on the instructions, but it seems like it would do the same.
    It's my pleasure. So glad to hear that my write-ups are helping you.

ONR is a rinseless wash while the Ultima is a waterless wash. Rinseless and waterless are used differently. Without being too complicated, rinseless uses a small amount of water in a bucket while waterless is used by spraying the solution on the paint.

Some rinseless wash products can be used as waterless such as N-914, Meg's D114, etc. But I personally use rinseless products for rinseless washing and waterless wash products for waterless washes.

Here are some of my rinseless wash write-ups:
    Review and How-To: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax
    Review: McKee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash

Hope they help too.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! The Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate is an awesome product.

Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash Concentrate Bundle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post

It's my pleasure lane5515. How did you like it?
    I actually have been using Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ - I'm not sure what the difference is compared to the Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash.

I really like it for doing a true WW on a dusty or not very dirty car. If the car is too dirty for a WW I do a hybrid RW with ECH20 (spray the panel with WW mix first then wipe down with mf soaked in RW solution).

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash

I use it for both WW and RW. My cars never looked better or slicker. Gets better with every application. The acrylic component makes its very hydrophobic. I could see the difference immediately on how the windows and front windshield looked as though the car hand no glass. I knew right away the paint would look great too. It does.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have been using Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ - I'm not sure what the difference is compared to the Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash.

I really like it for doing a true WW on a dusty or not very dirty car. If the car is too dirty for a WW I do a hybrid RW with ECH20 (spray the panel with WW mix first then wipe down with mf soaked in RW solution).
    When your car is too dirty, You should try blasting it with a pressure washer at a coin op car wash. Should make your WW routine a lot safer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I use it for both WW and RW. My cars never looked better or slicker. Gets better with every application. The acrylic component makes its very hydrophobic. I could see the difference immediately on how the windows and front windshield looked as though the car hand no glass. I knew right away the paint would look great too. It does.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Which do you like better? This, D115 or the Pinnacle WW with carnauba?

Post Thanks / Like

All those are good choices. I have used them a lot. I like the ultima product best of that group at this point.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    All those are good choices. I have used them a lot. I like the ultima product best of that group at this point.
    Wow!! Thanks for the feedback. I still liked D115 more but I'll use the Ultima Acrylic more and see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Have you tested the performance as a rinseless wash yet?
    It's a great rinseless product. Works as well as most of the others for cleaning and leaves a deeper gloss than most on dark colors. Not sure I could capture the difference with a camera, but my dark blue Nissan just glows when I used this stuff. No other rinseless does this. It can be a little streaky. You need to be sure to buff it adequately.

I'm not sure what the difference is compared to the Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash.
    Ummm... the acrylic? (Couldn't help myself.) Guessing it's whatever additive they put in the acrylic version that is the difference.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast