autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Review

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It washes cleanly off of foam pads. Bravo! Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Review
    Look at the difference "fill in the blank" AIO on the left did to this foam pad vs. Megs D166 on the right. [I cleaned both pads last night]
    This is good news. I am more tempted to try the product now. Thank you for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps topping with UFF would be an awesome, quick combo!

Post Thanks / Like

Last but not least, and I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this but it's a small but somewhat significant detail about this new D166 AIO that sets it apart from just about every other AIO available...

It washes cleanly off of foam pads. Bravo! Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Review

Look at the difference "fill in the blank" AIO on the left did to this foam pad vs. Megs D166 on the right. [I cleaned both pads last night]

Mirror Bright Polishing Wax is the same way when I used it. Washes right out of the pads. But is this a good thing or a bad thing in terms of how "durable" the protection left behind is supposed to be. I mean the more durable waxes and sealants are hard to wash out or not washes out at all of a pad due to them being pretty durable. I'm not a chemist and only time will tell how long it will last on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    Perhaps topping with UFF would be an awesome, quick combo!
    Believe me I was very tempted to do exactly that... But I'm glad I resisted because I plan to maintain this vehicle from here on out and I'm going to keep a close eye on the longevity of this standalone protection to get a true measure of this product. I'll provide an update...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Mirror Bright Polishing Wax is the same way when I used it. Washes right out of the pads. But is this a good thing or a bad thing in terms of how "durable" the protection left behind is supposed to be. I mean the more durable waxes and sealants are hard to wash out or not washes out at all of a pad due to them being pretty durable. I'm not a chemist and only time will tell how long it will last on the paint.
    IIRC Megs D151 PRC washes clean from foam pads as well... Maybe it's 1 of Meguiars trade secrets. Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Reviewlol.

How would you rate the longevity of that Meguiars Mirror Bright Polishing Wax?

Thanks to everyone that's replied to this thread. Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Review

Post Thanks / Like

WHOA!!!! This stuff has some serious CUT(looks like you used a compound) and seem to finish very well!! Nice review!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me I was very tempted to do exactly that... But I'm glad I resisted because I plan to maintain this vehicle from here on out and I'm going to keep a close eye on the longevity of this standalone protection to get a true measure of this product. I'll provide an update...

IIRC Megs D151 PRC washes clean from foam pads as well... Maybe it's 1 of Meguiars trade secrets. Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Reviewlol.

How would you rate the longevity of that Meguiars Mirror Bright Polishing Wax?

Thanks to everyone that's replied to this thread. Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax - Quik Review

Did you ever get a good ideal of how long this lasts?

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123