autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckees 37 new formula paint coating

I finally tried out the NEW coating formulation and all I have to say is ..what the hell did McKees do!!!

It's AWESOME!!!!

so as some of you know I pretty much only use mckees paint coating as my coating of choice due to the fact I work outside in the sun in high heats.

This new formula was not only easy to apply (not a big fan of the new applicator pad, so I used my old one) it was easy to see high or missed spots. It also covered up orange peel in my paint which you can see in the pictures I attached. My car needs to be repainted so not worried about the orange peel.

Most of you know I suffer from very hard water and waterspots are an everyday thing for me and I have yet to find any product that can prevent spots from forming if not removed after the first 24 hrs. No coating from cquartz to Dr Beasley or gyeon has helped in anyway.

I normally have to Chemically remove the spots and then Reapply what ever LSP it is I'm using and basically repeat each week or whenever I finally get to wash my own car.

The working time for this new formula was better and I tried to stretch it to do large panels but in my heat it still was not a good idea so I had to stick to very small sections of about 6x6 to 10x10 MAX.

As some have said the slickness of the original is gone and it does not have that same glassy feel but also does not have the rubber feel of other coatings. Overall I will continue to use this and am very happy with my initial impressions of the new coating, now to see how long it last and how well it protects.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckees 37 new formula paint coating

Can't beat it for the price.Even if it gets you 4 strong months of good durability that you can see than its a no brainer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Can't beat it for the price.Even if it gets you 4 strong months of good durability that you can see than its a no brainer.
    Idk if I'd go as far as that. I get that much protection from sealants with much less effort then mckees coating. I've gotten 9 months out of the original formula so hopefully this does better

Post Thanks / Like

Well lessons learned. I didn't flush the Pump after I did this review and when I went to go use it again it was clogged and crusted over.

I also forgot to wash my applicator so now that is ruined as there is a thing hard layer stuck to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Well lessons learned. I didn't flush the Pump after I did this review and when I went to go use it again it was clogged and crusted over.

I also forgot to wash my applicator so now that is ruined as there is a thing hard layer stuck to it.

Good to know. Thanks.

Contact Nick after the hurricane and maybe he can hook you up with a new applicator.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I finally tried out the NEW coating formulation and all I have to say is ..what the hell did McKees do!!!

It's AWESOME!!!!

so as some of you know I pretty much only use mckees paint coating as my coating of choice due to the fact I work outside in the sun in high heats.

This new formula was not only easy to apply (not a big fan of the new applicator pad, so I used my old one) it was easy to see high or missed spots. It also covered up orange peel in my paint which you can see in the pictures I attached. My car needs to be repainted so not worried about the orange peel.

Most of you know I suffer from very hard water and waterspots are an everyday thing for me and I have yet to find any product that can prevent spots from forming if not removed after the first 24 hrs. No coating from cquartz to Dr Beasley or gyeon has helped in anyway.

I normally have to Chemically remove the spots and then Reapply what ever LSP it is I'm using and basically repeat each week or whenever I finally get to wash my own car.

The working time for this new formula was better and I tried to stretch it to do large panels but in my heat it still was not a good idea so I had to stick to very small sections of about 6x6 to 10x10 MAX.

As some have said the slickness of the original is gone and it does not have that same glassy feel but also does not have the rubber feel of other coatings. Overall I will continue to use this and am very happy with my initial impressions of the new coating, now to see how long it last and how well it protects.

Looks like you forgot to clean your wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

The Salt Air ate them away so I kind of disregard them now.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe someone can help me in this thread. I am currently applying coatings from Feynlab and was previously using CQuartz. How is it that these coatings are so much more "difficult" to use than the mckee's or wolfgang which appear to be more of a wipe op wipe off deal?

Hopefully Rich can shed some light on this because it has had me wondering for months now. Is it that the easy to apply coatings are "weaker" than the easy to use ones? "Less chemical resistance, lower duration, etc".

Post Thanks / Like

The first version didn't make it through winter for some and apparently didn't have any silica because the new formula claims it does.

The first version you could wipe off high spots very long after application. Guessing they didn't cure the same way ceramic or glass coatings did because they were not the same make up. Really all these LSPs are technically "coatings" cause you are coating paint with them. It's just jargon with no real definition of what has to be an ingredient

Find one you like try it and report back results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the McKee's coating set last year around this time...
    How do I know if i have the newer formula for the paint coating ?

Was going to apply it to my Dad's Durango next week
    Gav Details on YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/c/GavDetails

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast