autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's SIO2 Wash

This will be my first review on a Mckee's product which Nick at McKee's was gracious enough to me

Here is the product:

McKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0715-jpg

The Instructions:

McKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0717-jpg

The victim a 2008 Town and Country which my wife said needed to be washed

McKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0719-jpgMcKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0721-jpg

Three ounces in my foam cannon

McKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0723-jpgMcKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0724-jpg

Here is the foam and it is very nice, I did allow it to dwell for about 2 minutes

McKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0726-jpg

Here is the wash bucket with two ounces of soap in it and agitated with the high pressure wand

McKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0727-jpg

The van washed, BTW van was not washed for about 6 weeks.....

McKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0728-jpg

Van dried
    McKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0730-jpg

I wanted to show the suds in both the wash bucket and rinse bucket, the suds after washing and drying the van going strong still... the rinse bucket is on the bottom of the pic
    McKee's SIO2 Wash-img_0729-jpg

My impressions on first use.. this is a WINNER, you will be quite pleased with this product and final results, Nick and Mckee's team keep up the GREAT work you are making a believer and solid customer out of me
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's SIO2 Wash

May have to buy a bottle....lately it seems like mckee37 brand has been on game tearing it up compared to the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike

Get a bottle, after mine is done its on to a gallon purchase for me. You will be very impressed with
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

I see their paint and tire coatings have been reformulated as well. Some may be turned off by this, especially if you had the original but in a recent thread I read Nick saying to return the old stuff and would get the new and improved product in its place, that's the way to build a great rep!

Improving an old product shows they aren't happy until you are, not everything can be N914 coming out of the gate! Speaking of that, if there's someone in our vast forum community who hasn't bought and tried N914 please do so, it truely is a "game changer"!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Good write up and review. I'll add my two cents here too if that's okay as I was recently able to test some out as well.

The product overall in my book was up against CarPro Reset as that's what I've been using on my coated vehicles and have been quite pleased.

Up-front the McKee's Product is new to me and IIRC new to market so I really have no past experience with their wash. It's not quite as concentrated as Reset needing 2oz per 5 gal vs 1 oz but that's more of a value proposition thing than quality IMO.

The fragrence is better. Not that I go around inhaling it all day but I do notice it and it's nice having something pleasant being splashed around at least.

Use wise, it foamed up nice and provides lots of suds. It's wash and cleaning characteristics are on-par with Reset and thus made for a seemless transition as there's no up or down to using it. I can't really comment or say I noticed a difference with the added SiO2 that the bottle notes it has inside. However, both my vehicles are kept pretty shiny and pristine to begin with.

Overall, the product is a winner and to me I could switch over without issue at all. In terms of value, I'll let each of you decide as it's not all about money. Sometimes for me it's about supporting the new-guy on the block as they continue to innovate. I now have a bottle of each to continue using side by side to see which one I end up loving most. Time will tell. For now, it's a keeper for me and I enjoy the McKee's products. Well done as you guys enter the market with new stuff!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I also used some this morning. Almost exactly as OP. 3oz in foam Cannon and 2oz in a bucket. It was quite slick and rinsed very well. The one thing I don't understand is how it's Marketed as having si02 because it didn't bead at all, except on the glass. It did however rinse very well with free flow rinse. FWIW, this car was fully decon'd 2 weeks ago and had 2 coats of Hyper Seal applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I also used some this morning. Almost exactly as OP. 3oz in foam Cannon and 2oz in a bucket. It was quite slick and rinsed very well. The one thing I don't understand is how it's Marketed as having si02 because it didn't bead at all, except on the glass. It did however rinse very well with free flow rinse. FWIW, this car was fully decon'd 2 weeks ago and had 2 coats of Hyper Seal applied.
    This is what I noticed from Joe's review as well.

This has me a bit confused from the Autogeek product description and the McKee's product description. By the SiO2 filling the pores would this not mean that there is indeed something being left behind. Seems to contradict each other. Gloss enhancers tend to alter the surface tension some way or another.

McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is a high foaming car wash formula engineered for use on coated vehicles. The pH balanced snow soap creates mounds of suds that will safely grab and trap dirt, removing it from the surface without causing damage. Thanks to the unique formula, McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash will not alter the performance of your existing coating – in fact, the Sio2 enhanced formula actually boosts your coating! McKee's 37 Sio2 also contains water softeners that allow for use even in direct sunlight! Keep your coating look and performing its best with McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash!

With the favor of coatings for paint protection, rather than wax or synthetic paint sealants, on the rise, the auto detailing industry has had to keep up with the products and tools necessary to maintain these coatings. Generally comprised of silica, quartz, or resin-based, coatings require special care to keep their superior protective capabilities. McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash has taken this maintenance step a bit further by including Sio2 (silicon dioxide) in their formula.

The Sio2 ingredients included in McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash actually enhances the brightness and strength of your existing paint coating after just one wash! The pH balanced formula will not hinder the beading and sheeting capabilities of your coated vehicle. McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is also free of wax and silicone, so it won't alter the look or feel of your coated vehicle.

Formulated with water softeners, McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash can be used in direct sunlight without fear of water spots! The extra foamy formula provides more than enough lubrication during a wash to prevent any washing induced swirls, and performs admirably with a foam cannon or gun! McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is hyper-concentrated and only requires an ounce or two, depending on the size of your bucket.

McKee's product description

Paint Coatings are more prevalent than ever, because they outlast a traditional car wax while providing far superior protection against the damaging effects that a daily driver is exposed to. Our Paint Coating, for example, forms a thick shell of protection that lasts well over two years; it’s so easy to use that you can apply it in your garage – professional experience not required! Paint Coatings exhibit very unique characteristics, which is why we developed a premium auto wash designed to maintain the glassy shell of protection.

McKee’s 37 Sio2 Auto Wash gently cleanses your vehicle of dirt, grime, and road film without compromising the protection or water beading of your paint coating. In fact, this sio2-enhanced formula fills in any microscopic fractures in the coating, restoring the gloss without altering the surface tension. Even though modern-day paint coatings exhibit a self-cleaning affect, you still need to properly maintain them using a manufacturer-approved auto wash!

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Think of Sio2 Auto Wash as a wash and wax type of product, except there's no wax. Instead, the formula features Sio2 as the gloss additive/booster.

The Sio2 does indeed help maintain the gloss, protection, and hydrophobic properties of our Paint Coating and Hydro Blue. The Sio2 also aids in the rinsing process, helping to create a "sheeting" effect.

Is Sio2 Auto Wash limited strictly to coated vehicles? No! It's a fantastic "all around" wash that will increase gloss on waxed and sealed vehicles.

We spent a lot of time on this one folks, and the reviews show it!

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I'm a sucker for shampoos. I'll have to add this one to my cart for my coated vehicles. However, I have two bottles of Gyeon Bathe+ and a bottle of TAC Mystic Repellent! Ah, what's another shampoo!!!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

How does this product compare to Bath+ ?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast