autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee’s 37 Glass Coating

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    Hello,

I use the glass coating on all of my cars. Adding hydro blue once a month helps keep the windows clean. Not only does it help when it's raining, it's easy to clean the bugs off of the windshield.

Lou
    Ill second that Lou, great combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Marc, thanks. Timely too as I'm looking to try another glass coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I always enjoy your reviews Marc. They are always excellent. I just used the McKees coatings on my son's car over the July 4th weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have a new windshield, or it is usually parked outside, wouls you suggest claying the glass and then lightly polishing it before. Or just a nice wash, maybe decontaminate the glass and get it as clean as possible before the coating? Great review though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madness87 View Post
    If you don't have a new windshield, or it is usually parked outside, wouls you suggest claying the glass and then lightly polishing it before. Or just a nice wash, maybe decontaminate the glass and get it as clean as possible before the coating? Great review though.
    When I used it on my car, I clayed the glass and took the additional step to polish the glass with the glass restorer polish. I then did a prep wipe to remove anything that may have been left behind by the polish and then coated the glass. It was a lot of work but I wanted to be sure that I got rid of any contaminants or road grime that may have been on the glass and get the most longevity.

On my personal car I got a little over a year before I recoated the glass. I never saw a drop in performance and it hardly rained that year in Southern California but when it did the coating did very well. I did clay the glass to see if it would hinder it's performance during that 1 year time frame and that did not affect the coatings performance.

On my uncles car, he got 3 months out of it before his glass was covered in crud as he is close to refinery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Great review Marc. Do you notice the coating have any better performance during rain while on Highways?
    Thanks a lot 392hemi!

We haven't really experienced any heavy rain since I applied the coating. The rain I experienced yesterday was a very light drizzle. But I'm sure the coating will make water fly off while driving on the highway. Is it any better than the spray LSP on glass? I don't think so but I'm sure it will last a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Great review as always Marc. While I have used it in the past, I liked how easy it applied but as others have said, it never lasted for me.
    Thank you so much Don! That's unfortunate to hear. I hope I get better durability.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Nice review Marc, thanks. Timely too as I'm looking to try another glass coating.
    Thank you Paul! Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I always enjoy your reviews Marc. They are always excellent. I just used the McKees coatings on my son's car over the July 4th weekend.
    Thank you so much Brad!!! I appreciate the kind words.

How did your detail on your son's car go? Any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Madness87 View Post
    Thanks a lot Madness 87!

Directions say to just polish the glass with the McKee's 37 High Performance Glass Restorer. But if it was me, I would wash the glass, clay and polish it like you said. Then use an Eraser type product or IPA before applying the coating.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post

Nice review!

I gotta ask, where did you get this towel?
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, Mark. I've had a bottle for some time now. I need to use it after this stellar review.

Post Thanks / Like

rustoleam just came out with there window coating.its called neverwer umbrella probably the best I've use at 4.97 hydrophobic like crazy and does not come off far surpasses rain x by far.

Post Thanks / Like

Mckees is a good product but in my opinion just doesn't last long.I find you have to keep reapplying all the time .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast