autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Xtrafluff orange microfiber wash mitt, awesome value.

Link to Autogeek's site:

XtraFluff Orange Microfiber Wash Mitt

I finally got to try the Xtrafluff orange MF wash mitt. All I can tell you is, this is a no brainer purchase. Everyone should own at least two of these. I ordered this along with the Gyeon Smoothie MF mitt. The Gyeon mitt has not been used yet.

The only difference I could tell between the two is the Gyeon has a noticeably thicker sponge material sewn into mitt.

The cuff and fibers feel and look identical in my opinion.

My only complaint and it really doesn't bother me is both mitts are sewn with a small single stitch in the center of the interior of the mitt. This gives the user a better grip and actually helps center the mitt when flipping to the clean side of the mitt. I just don't like the feel, but I will adapt and may come to like the feature. I switch between holding the mitt on the outside and putting my hand inside as designed.

How did the orange mitt perform. One word: perfect!

Glided across the paint effortlessly. Released dirt well, cleaned the paint well, and was the perfect thickness. The foam sponge liner and the longer fibers held a noticeable more amount of water/soap than the Meguiar's MF mitt I normally use.

I look forward to trying the Gyeon mitt and comparing the two mitts performance. I have my doubts that the Gyeon mitt ($25) is going to impress me three times as much as the Xtrafluff orange mitt($7.95).

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Xtrafluff orange microfiber wash mitt, awesome value.

Any plans of trying these mitts with rinseless washing?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the mitt as a rinseless wash mitt, but I imagine it would work well.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. Looks like a good mitt.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Link to Autogeek's site:

XtraFluff Orange Microfiber Wash Mitt

I finally got to try the Xtrafluff orange MF wash mitt. All I can tell you is, this is a no brainer purchase. Everyone should own at least two of these. I ordered this along with the Gyeon Smoothie MF mitt. The Gyeon mitt has not been used yet.

The only difference I could tell between the two is the Gyeon has a noticeably thicker sponge material sewn into mitt.

The cuff and fibers feel and look identical in my opinion.

My only complaint and it really doesn't bother me is both mitts are sewn with a small single stitch in the center of the interior of the mitt. This gives the user a better grip and actually helps center the mitt when flipping to the clean side of the mitt. I just don't like the feel, but I will adapt and may come to like the feature. I switch between holding the mitt on the outside and putting my hand inside as designed.

How did the orange mitt perform. One word: perfect!

Glided across the paint effortlessly. Released dirt well, cleaned the paint well, and was the perfect thickness. The foam sponge liner and the longer fibers held a noticeable more amount of water/soap than the Meguiar's MF mitt I normally use.

I look forward to trying the Gyeon mitt and comparing the two mitts performance. I have my doubts that the Gyeon mitt ($25) is going to impress me three times as much as the Xtrafluff orange mitt($7.95).

I'm curious whether you tried lambswool Gyeon Q2M Mitt. It has very fine individual fibers that also are not looped.

7. Likes LEDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

XtraFluff Orange Microfiber Wash Mitt seem to perform better than Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt.
    It's not as heavy when wet and it holds more suds. However, it's more effort to keep it uncontaminated.

9. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes LEDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason even if it's the same mf wash mitts the blue ones is a notch thicker than the orange one. These are often comes from many different brands and most feels like the same material in the mf. The inside foam and such can be slightly difference between them but otherwise feeling the same. I like these better when they are in mf wash pads as you get a lot more cussion from them vs a mitt. The mitt can be usefull when I use one of them for the lowest parts of a vehical as the rocker panels and front bumper and back bumper. I have little over 10 of these mf wash mitts and mf wash pads. So useing the multible wash mitts when washing the cars. They have an awesome cleaning ability from them and usually with a great prewash on a very dirty car these only needs 2 passes and it's cleaned great. If you see any dirt left after those 2 passes just move on to the next section. And when you are done with the you have had the car soap broken up the dirt left and another pass or 2 and it's usually gets the dirt off thoroughly.

If you have one in orange or wanting to test these mf wash mitts out. Get you the blue Xtrafluff mf wash mitts.

XtraFluff Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mpulsiv View Post
    I'm curious whether you tried lambswool Gyeon Q2M Mitt. It has very fine individual fibers that also are not looped.
    No, I’ve never tried the Gyeon lambswool. I’m still using the same mitt reviewed above. Two plus years and dozens of machine washings, not nearly as soft as when new. Probably time to replace it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    For some reason even if it's the same mf wash mitts the blue ones is a notch thicker than the orange one. These are often comes from many different brands and most feels like the same material in the mf. The inside foam and such can be slightly difference between them but otherwise feeling the same. I like these better when they are in mf wash pads as you get a lot more cussion from them vs a mitt. The mitt can be usefull when I use one of them for the lowest parts of a vehical as the rocker panels and front bumper and back bumper. I have little over 10 of these mf wash mitts and mf wash pads. So useing the multible wash mitts when washing the cars. They have an awesome cleaning ability from them and usually with a great prewash on a very dirty car these only needs 2 passes and it's cleaned great. If you see any dirt left after those 2 passes just move on to the next section. And when you are done with the you have had the car soap broken up the dirt left and another pass or 2 and it's usually gets the dirt off thoroughly.

If you have one in orange or wanting to test these mf wash mitts out. Get you the blue Xtrafluff mf wash mitts.

XtraFluff Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt

/ Tony
    I bought two blue MF xtraFluff style mitts. I agree the blue is thicker and softer, but the inner liner material is less durable. I still think Meguiar’s wash mitt is a great value too. Only complaint with the Meguiar’s mitt is the stiff cuff.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mpulsiv View Post
    XtraFluff Orange Microfiber Wash Mitt seem to perform better than Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt.
    It's not as heavy when wet and it holds more suds. However, it's more effort to keep it uncontaminated.

Those chenille mitts can empty a 5 gallon wash bucket in one car washing with the amount of water they hold They do get very noticeably heavy as compared to other mitts.

15. Likes JustJesus liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast