autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee’s 37 Xtreme Iron Remover

Review: McKee’s 37 Xtreme Iron Remover
    McKee’s 37 Xtreme Iron Remover

Description:

Use this cleaner once and you’ll wonder how you ever detailed without it!

McKee’s 37 Xtreme Iron Remover solves an issue that plagues virtually every vehicle on the road today – iron contamination. Iron contamination is a real issue for old and new cars alike. A brand new car can have HORRIBLE iron contamination and left untreated the iron particles will cause corrosion to the precious thin clear coat paint that comes on a brand new car. McKee’s 37 Xtreme Iron Remover is the solution to removing iron particles to maximize the gloss potential of your paint!

Iron contamination is caused by:

- Rail dust (new car transportation)
    - Brake dust
    - Living near a railroad track
    - Airborne chemical compounds

McKee’s 37 Xtreme Iron Remover is pH-balanced and 100% acid-free, so you can use it on every exterior surface with confidence. Simply spray this powerful cleaner directly onto all exterior surfaces and wait a few minutes for it to turn red as it dissolves ferrous (iron containing) particles, leaving your paint glossy, smooth, and bright. Then, wash your vehicle as you normally would and then apply a coat of your favorite wax or sealant. Your vehicle’s paint will appear glossier than it ever has!

Don't stop at your paint! McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover works wonders on old, neglected wheels too. Years of caked-on brake dust doesn't stand a chance against McKee's 37 Xtreme Iron Remover.

Price:

$19.99 for 16oz
    $79.99 for 128oz

Review:

This review will be short and sweet. . There are a lot of reviews on this product already.

Here's the description and directions of this product:

I honestly didn't know where I would use this product that's why I haven't used it. It would have been perfect on my garage queen since the paint is white but I mainly use WW to clean that car. Plus, it rarely gets driven anyway. My wheels on that car is anthracite so it might be hard to see the bleeding. My wife's car is black so it will definitely be hard to see the bleeding as well. The paint on my DD is coated so I don't think it will be fair to use this on it because the product might not cling. So I decided to use it on my DD's wheels. I didn't wash my DD for at least 3 months so that I could review this product. But I couldn't take it anymore LOL! I wish the wheels were more caked with brake dust for this review though.

Here are some before pictures of my wheels:

Here's the product being applied on the wheel:

I was a little worried about using iron removing product during summer here in the desert. Their instructions always said to never allow the product to dry on the surface. Our lowest temperature today at 6AM was 90F! It's pretty dang hot here. So I was concerned that the product will dry up before it started to bleed. But to my surprise, the product bled pretty quickly. Here's a shot of the wheel right after I sprayed the entire face of the wheel:

As you can see, it was reacting right away.

Here are some pictures of the wheel after approximately 1.5 minutes:

To test this product's ability to clean, I didn't agitate the wheels to clean it but just rinsed it off:

Here are some after shots. Impressive IMO:

Here's a picture of the wheel after drying it off and applying McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel to the tires:

Thoughts and Observations:

The product clings on the surface well. This will allow the product to react with any iron particles that may be present.

The reaction time is pretty fast. You would start seeing the product bleed a few moments after applying it on the surface. Of course if there's any iron present.

The smell isn't bad at all. Definitely a lot less than the IronX I used a long time ago.

The price is very similar to IronX when you purchase the 16oz bottle. (just slightly more expensive). But you are getting a very good value if you purchase the 128oz. It's a lot cheaper when you compare it to the 4L bottle of IronX.

Conclusion:

This product works as advertised - it removes iron particles. It turns red as it reacts with iron particles on the surface. You should consider this product in bulk when buying your next iron remover product.

As always, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee’s 37 Xtreme Iron Remover

Good job Marc! This is a great product. Nick said a while back that it can be followed up with a rinseless or waterless. I haven't used it that way but it's good to know you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, Marc! Were your wheels coated or sealed? I missed it if you said they were.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Good job Marc! This is a great product. Nick said a while back that it can be followed up with a rinseless or waterless. I haven't used it that way but it's good to know you can.
    Thanks buddy!

Wow I didn't know that. I've always thought that iron removers needed to be rinsed off well. Good to know - thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Nice review, Marc! Were your wheels coated or sealed? I missed it if you said they were.
    Thanks a lot Kevin! I appreciate that.

Nope they're not sealed. I haven't done anything to the wheels yet since I bought the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Thanks a lot Kevin! I appreciate that.

Nope they're not sealed. I haven't done anything to the wheels yet since I bought the car.
    Wow. That works pretty well then! Have you just not gotten around to it, or do you hate detailing wheels as much as I do?

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Wow. That works pretty well then! Have you just not gotten around to it, or do you hate detailing wheels as much as I do?

Yeah I was surprised how well it worked.

I haven't had the time to fully detail the wheels yet that's why haha. I'll probably just use Hydro2 or Hydro Blue on the wheels when I get a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Top drawer review Marc as always. This product is in my wish list.
    That car looked pretty clean for not being washed in 3 months. The water hose picture had the car looking pretty good.
    Or do cars in the SE valley not get dirty? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Top drawer review Marc as always. This product is in my wish list.
    That car looked pretty clean for not being washed in 3 months. The water hose picture had the car looking pretty good.
    Or do cars in the SE valley not get dirty? LOL
    Thanks a lot Brad!

Have you tried IronX yet?

The car is very dusty. We have construction at work so there's a thick layer of dust on the car. I think the grey just hides the dust/dirt very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I've used Iron X and BDX.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast