autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Dr. Beasley's Matte Tire Conditioner

Disclaimer: Meghan sent me this product along with a few others to review. Thank you Meghan for sending it out to me.
    Product: Dr. Beasley's Matte Tire Conditioner
    Product link: Dr. Beasley's Matte Tire Conditioner
    Price: $14.99
    Quantity: 8 oz
    Product description:

A silicone and sling-free tire conditioner!

Dr. Beasley's Matte Tire Conditioner takes your average tire conditioner and takes it one step further by making it safe for use on matte finishes. You'll never have to worry about products slinging on your matte finish again! The silicone free formula will nourish and condition your tires, prevent against fading and cracking, and restore that new, black again finish.

The tires on any vehicle quite literally take the brunt of everyday driving. Exposure to rain, water, mud, UV rays, and countless other environmental hazards can cause fading, cracking, and just general discoloration of your tires if not properly conditioned and protected. Dr. Beasley's Matte Tire Conditioner checks all of the tire care boxes AND is safe for matte finishes!

Having a matte finish, just like with black paint, is like having a second full-time job. Such special care is required when dealing with matte paint it almost seems like that's all your doing - but man, is it worth it! You don't want to undo all of your hard work by using products NOT designed for matte finishes and causing potential staining, streaking or blotching. Dr. Beasley's kept this in mind while manufacturing their Matte Tire Conditioner and this specialized formula is perfectly safe on matte surfaces!

Dr. Beasley's Matte Tire Conditioner is a thick and concentrated gel that applies extremely easy and will not sling. While nourishing ingredients in Dr. Beasley's Matte Tire Conditioner are working to restore faded and discolored tire finishes, other ingredients are busy creating a layer of protection against future assaults. After just one applications, your tires will be protected from UV rays, repeated exposure to water, road grime, and salt (in winter months) all while maintaining a low sheen.

You've already worked so hard to keep your matte finish perfect - don't mess it up with a sub-par tire conditioner that slings and stains!

Dr. Beasley Pro Tip: Only about ˝ of Matte Tire Conditioner is needed on one tire and can be used on exterior trim and plastic as well as tires!

As stated by the product description, this tire gel is designed around vehicles with matte paint. Just in case the product did sling it would not harm the matte paint. It is also stated that it can be used on any vehicle regardless of paint.

It is also body shop safe if that is something someone is looking for.

The packaging is pretty cool. Fits within the doctor theme.

The directions on the rear are straight forward and typical of dressing a tire.

First thing is to remove the cap and remove the seal from the opening. Once that is done screw the top back on and squeeze it onto the applicator of choice. It comes out clear. The consistency reminded me of clear automotive silicone.

Once on the applicator begin applying it and working into the tire. A little product goes a long way.

I originally put it on my mom's car but did not get any good photos. So I ended up applying it on my uncles car and got better photos. I went with one coat on these tires followed by a light buff with a towel.

Day shots showing the sheen. They are not overly glossy.

As I had this on my mom's car, I would randomly check to see how it was holding up. This held up like most water based tire gels. I started to see it fade within a 3 week time frame. 4 weeks was the max it went before it needed another application. Overall it is a good tire gel that left a nice finish and did not sling. It went on easy like a typical tire gel.

Pros:
    Easy on
    No sling
    Nice finish
    Decent longevity/durability

Cons:
    None other that it is in a market with many good options.

Product video

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Dr. Beasley's Matte Tire Conditioner

Great Job Guz! Dr. Beasley's offers great car care products.

Dr. Beasley's Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, Mike always professional
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Mike!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Guz for the review.

Couldn't a 'con' be the price point? Considering its durability is average at best when compared to other market tire gels - is it really a better buy?

Post Thanks / Like

Your tires don't look matte, IMO. They have a glossy look. Maybe they call it matte tire conditioner because it's safe(won't stain) matte paint or wraps?

Thanks for the review.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    Great Job Guz! Dr. Beasley's offers great car care products.

Dr. Beasley's Car Care
    Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done, Mike always professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Great review Mike!
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Thank you Guz for the review.

Couldn't a 'con' be the price point? Considering its durability is average at best when compared to other market tire gels - is it really a better buy?
    Sure it can be. I did not use that much at all so I can go either way on the price. There are just so many other tire products out on the market that this could get lost in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Your tires don't look matte, IMO. They have a glossy look. Maybe they call it matte tire conditioner because it's safe(won't stain) matte paint or wraps?

Thanks for the review.
    The way I read it, it is not supposed to be matte. It is designed to be used for those that have matte paints as it won't stain the matte surface. Wipe it down some more to knock the shine down even more. On top of that most tire dressings look glossy as they are first applied and directly in the sun. Don't kill the messenger lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Couldn't a 'con' be the price point?
    ^^^ ^^^

Especially if:
    "about ˝ of Matte Tire Conditioner
    is needed on one tire..."

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

So, they are saying it requires 4 ounces of product per tire and that it won't sling onto the paint? I am having a hard time imagining this product. Does it form a 2 inch thick hard coating on the outside of the tire?

Edit: The packaging says only 1/2 "ounce" is needed per tire. Was a typo on the product description there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM235ily View Post
    So, they are saying it requires 4 ounces
    of product per tire and that it won't sling
    onto the paint? I am having a hard time
    imagining this product. Does it form a
    2 inch thick hard coating on the outside
    of the tire?

Edit: The packaging says only
    1/2 "ounce" is needed per tire.
    Was a typo on the product description there.
    ... :win k: ...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast