autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issues with CarPro Ech2o

^ too much work to use multiple products. last week while driving on the freeway some birds bombed the front of the windshield (looked like clear krazy glue) and by the time i got back home it had dried like cement (85+ degrees). i first used OID and that streaked and left a horrible mess, then i grabbed the ech20 (diluted 5:1) and sprayed and wiped and it cleaned up the OID and left the windshield clean with no streaks/problems. when they say it was formulated for use in extreme heat/sun they weren't kidding. i'm liking this product more and more that is use it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    ^ too much work to use multiple products. last week while driving on the freeway some birds bombed the front of the windshield (looked like clear krazy glue) and by the time i got back home it had dried like cement (85+ degrees). i first used OID and that streaked and left a horrible mess, then i grabbed the ech20 (diluted 5:1) and sprayed and wiped and it cleaned up the OID and left the windshield clean with no streaks/problems. when they say it was formulated for use in extreme heat/sun they weren't kidding. i'm liking this product more and more that is use it...
    Glad it worked well! And yes, in a pinch scenario like that, using two products wouldn't make a ton of sense if you don't have to.

Anyways, seems like people are getting inconsistent results with the product, even though lots of people seem to be using similar dilution ratios and application techniques. Who knows why... Personally, I'm going to give the Ultima WW and QD combo a try and see if I like it better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    ^ too much work to use multiple products.
    I see it a different way... While I'm certainly not the type who needs 10-12 towels to perform a waterless wash [all I need is 2-3 tops] I make up for it by being very liberal with the spraying.

This is how much I have left in a 32oz. bottle after just 1 full size sedan.

Using it @10:1 is no sweat, but when you factor in that every 1 of these bottles also gets 2oz. of Reload it begins to get rather pricey to simply perform a waterless wash.

That's why I'm thinking why not let Uber handle the grunt work [because it's both effective and economical], and then let Ech2o/Reload stay strictly on shine duty.

Post Thanks / Like

I think once you mix reload into it, it's ore of a quick boost and detail spray versus just the ww ratio which is a lot more economical.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I see it a different way... While I'm certainly not the type who needs 10-12 towels to perform a waterless wash [all I need is 2-3 tops] I make up for it by being very liberal with the spraying.

This is how much I have left in a 32oz. bottle after just 1 full size sedan.
    I use the same amount or even a little more when doing a WW. My WW are really a combo of rinseless and waterless though, I soak the towels at rinseless wash ratio before using them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've wanted to like their products but every one I've tried has been a let down. Wolfgang uber for me exclusively it's fantastic stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful with what you write Clenkat. A lot of people visit this iconic site for no nonsense information of products and practices. Whilst you have not stated which CarPro products have left you dissatisfied. Everyone who uses CarPro products day in day out would wholeheartedly disagree. This industry would not be where it is today without companies such as CarPro pushing technology ahead to places detailers had never dreamed of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
    1) I wouldn't consider waterless washing a particularly paint-friendly way to clean your car in general. So when for whatever reason I'm using WW, I like to minimize how many times I have to go over the paint. Ech2o instructions (depending exactly whose you follow) imply having to go over each panel a minimum of two times with the product, and then likely a final buff (so three times). Why would you want to do that? It's just touching the car more often than necessary, knowing it didn't start particularly clean underneath.
    you'll find lots of opinions on which method is better or safer, but IMO rinseless is no-less safe and in many cases is likely safer, but that's just my opinion. My Audi is pure black, coated but will still show any imperfections and thus far she's remained free from any wash related damage and I do about 90% rinseless.

That said, I don't use ECH20 as a rinseless wash. I use it as a detail spray mixed with Reload and find it's the best I've ever used. I call it "blue juice" and mix up a bottle for every customer that gets a coated job done. 1:20 mix, then I pour about 28oz into a 32oz bottle, add in 2oz of Reload and viola! Spray, wipe, buff and done.

I know the above doesn't address your direct questions, but then I'm a Wolfgang Uber Waterless/Rinseless wash user.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bodidly View Post
    Be careful with what you write Clenkat. A lot of people visit this iconic site for no nonsense information of products and practices. Whilst you have not stated which CarPro products have left you dissatisfied. Everyone who uses CarPro products day in day out would wholeheartedly disagree. This industry would not be where it is today without companies such as CarPro pushing technology ahead to places detailers had never dreamed of.
    So there's no room for dissenting opinions? Not a fan, and when I complained about their products I was basically told to kick rocks because I didn't purchase it directly through them. I'll stick with tried and true but thanks for your "warning". Issues with CarPro Ech2o

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Can I suggest to you all to let it haze for a few moments? I've used 2 ounces to 20 ounce spray bottle as well as 4 ounces to 20 ounce spray bottle. I'm going to assume you're all using distilled water. After you dry it, wait a few minutes and go over it again with a separate clean mf towel. Watch the streaks disappear easily. It's the solvents in there that hold the sio2 that causes this. So let the product haze a bit after drying and then go over it again I don't have this problem in winter time so far or right in the sun in high humidity by employing this method.
    That's what I have found as well. I get a haze or some streaks. I go back with my softest MF a few minutes after applying and buff. It all comes off and leaves that shine we all like. I find it's almost like a wax product that gets better with some buffing.

Interesting, it's also seems to highlight issues. I had some coating high spots I hadn't noticed before. Ech2O + Reload made them much more obvious. (FYI, Cquartz UK comes off with a finishing polish by hand. It took a little time, but came without any issues using Ultimate Polish.)
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast