autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issues with CarPro Ech2o

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, I'm SoCal but 112 degree weather does not make things fun..lol

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk
    lol true...BUT October thru May is pretty awesome, come on?!?!?!! hahaha but hey you are like basically at the equator its hot like lava by you.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using ECH2O at a 20:1 plus 2 oz of TAC Systems Quartz Max and haven't noticed any streaking. Sometimes it will get some haze, but that is when I don't dry the car completely. Use less to get better results. If you don't want any added shine try McKees N-914. I've never had any haze with it even on glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
    Thanks Guz. May I ask what dilution ratio you've been using?
    I've used it at 1:15, 1:20 and 1:25. At the moment I prefer 1:20. Seems to be a sweet spot.

McKee's 37 at 1:128 is working quite well as a waterless wash.

The gloss from ech2o is pretty hard to beat on a coated vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I suggest to you all to let it haze for a few moments? I've used 2 ounces to 20 ounce spray bottle as well as 4 ounces to 20 ounce spray bottle. I'm going to assume you're all using distilled water. After you dry it, wait a few minutes and go over it again with a separate clean mf towel. Watch the streaks disappear easily. It's the solvents in there that hold the sio2 that causes this. So let the product haze a bit after drying and then go over it again I don't have this problem in winter time so far or right in the sun in high humidity by employing this method.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Issues with CarPro Ech2o

I've been using Ech2o for quite some time now and because its so thick my ratio for WW is 20 parts distilled water and 1 part Ech2o and have had zero issues. I agree with an earlier comment, love this stuff even more as a RW, a little goes a long, long way and if its just a maintainence wash, it can go as far as 1 ounce for 3 gallons, rivaling WGU for RW ratio.

I see someone mentioned TAC...hope that brand is picked up here on AG, truly GREAT products and although there's so many choices, quality is quality and they have it in SPADES!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    lol true...BUT October thru May is pretty awesome, come on?!?!?!! hahaha but hey you are like basically at the equator its hot like lava by you.
    Makes Interiors exciting

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

hmm... i've been using ech20 at 5:1 as a QD in the hot sun i haven't experienced any streaking or anything negative...

Post Thanks / Like

I just started using Ech2o again, I have it mixed at 10:1 w/distilled water in a 32oz bottle + 2oz. of Reload. I used it as a waterless wash to clean a black vehicle with a weeks worth of dust on it and it seemed a bit thick but in the end it did the job... Just as the directions state, I did an initial wipedown to get most of the dirt off the paint, followed by another quik spray and wipe, and finally a final wipe with a dry microfiber to get that final haze off and reveal a nice glossy finish.

I used almost a whole 32oz. bottle on a full size sedan and in the end I couldn't help but wonder if I would've been better off doing the waterless wash with Wolfgang Uber and then following it up with a lighter spray and wipe with the Ech2o on a clean and dry vehicle. I think it would be a better experience this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Can I suggest to you all to let it haze for a few moments? I've used 2 ounces to 20 ounce spray bottle as well as 4 ounces to 20 ounce spray bottle. I'm going to assume you're all using distilled water. After you dry it, wait a few minutes and go over it again with a separate clean mf towel. Watch the streaks disappear easily. It's the solvents in there that hold the sio2 that causes this. So let the product haze a bit after drying and then go over it again I don't have this problem in winter time so far or right in the sun in high humidity by employing this method.
    Thanks, so to clarify: the above is three passes (spray + wipe, wipe again, wait, wipe dry)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    wonder if I would've been better off doing the waterless wash with Wolfgang Uber and then following it up with a lighter spray and wipe with the Ech2o on a clean and dry vehicle. I think it would be a better experience this way.
    Ya, I've been thinking rather than use ech2o with multiple sprays and wipes to try to get more gloss out of a waterless wash, why not just use Ultima (or your favorite WW), then follow up with a quick spray of your favorite high gloss QD? Same number of steps as with ech2o (maybe even one less), cleaning power of WW with no streaking, followed by shine of quick detailer. Other than that you need teo sprayers, seems like a similar process for potentially a better outcomes.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast