Hey all,

I've been using a clay bar for paint prep since I started detailing ( as an enthusiast ) 12+ years ago. I've read and heard about Nano Skin Mitts and was a bit unsure.
Lately I have been reading more about clay mitts and watching review type videos. Since I have a coating on my vehicles and they are routinely maintained with washes, I thought it may be time to try one.
The vehicles that I fully detail yearly are washed regularly and garaged ( thanks Mom and Dad ! )

My truck sits outside, so I will be interested to see how the mitt does on it.

The test subject was my friend's car. It is NOT washed regularly and probably hasn't seen a coat of wax in years. It's a daily driver, so he offered the car to me

I outline my process in the video but will write it out here:

Wheels / tires - I used what I had left of some IronX and Purple Power to clean the tires. Unfortunately his wheels are in bad shape.... 18 year old wheels having gone through winters in the Midwest.
They needs to be removed and really scrubbed...

Wash - Pre soak / foam with CG Maxi Sudds and wash with Griot's Car Wash

I though the car was going to be loaded with gunk, but after my first pass with the OG Clay bar, I would say "low" levels of contamination.

I broke the mitt in on the glass while using the CG Clay luber. He did a minor "paint/rust" repair on the right 1/4 panel.... did not tape anything off.... AND the mitt removed the overspray from the rear window. This really got my attention so I was eager to use it on the paint.

Once "broken in" I rinsed the mitt and made a bucket of soapy water.... Using the supplied CG Mr. Pink
It's hard to describe what you feel when using the mitt but it almost feels like it's "flicking" the contaminants off of the surface.

Happy to report not much was left on the MITT SIDE, as shown in the video, the clay bar was pretty clean.
Who knew such a neglected vehicle would be so "clean"

I am looking forward to using the mitt on more vehicles. I will keep the clay bar close just in case.
I guess the hype is real !

Here are some pictures of just the "wash" I have a new Rupes Mark II 15, so this car may be a test subject again in the future.