autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 mini-rant

What's GPS?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I don't mean to hijack your thread so I hope you're cool with me posting my test results real quik.

I tried D151 on my rubber weatherstripping.

Cleaner wax. Didn't stain a thing...

Clean.

Then I tried Ultimate Polish on the right side, I figured this should surely stain because it says to keep of trim on the directions.

Didn't stain it either...

I guess Hyper Dressing [even though I haven't applied it in well over a month is protecting my rubber from any harm
    I think if you tried it on certain textured plastics you would have an issue but I could be wrong. thanks for the testing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I think if you tried it on certain textured plastics you would have an issue but I could be wrong. thanks for the testing!!!
    I figured rubber would be more susceptible since I've stained some rubber trim on a sunroof pretty bad way back in the days. Lol.

No problem, I'll do pretty much anything to car except for messing with the fabric top [because it looks good and I'm not about to mess it up. Lol]

Just today I thought of testing several metal polishes for an extended period of time on my already broken plastic chrome trim that's on my rear bumper.

I'd like to test metal polish applied aggressively several times per week for a month, to find out if it really destroys it or not.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    My other paint preps work on plastic. Why would you create a product that wouldn't? Products that stain plastics are usually in the very low end of what is available in the industry. Since plastics are gonna be coated, they need to be prepped. If I purchase a product to prep the surfaces for coating, why would I want one that only work on paint? Or to turn this around, if I need to have a prep product that works on plastics and and other surfaces, why would I need your product? It simply makes no sense and saying "Well, we never said it would work on plastic" is a ridiculous defense.
    Why would you be surprised that the product isn't meeting your expectations if you aren't following the directions?

It's a polish, for paint. We have a dedicated cleaner for trim - Wax Remover For Plastic.

Our rinseless wash, N-914, can be used as a prep spray for all exterior surfaces. It doesn't, however, deep clean paint like the Coating Prep Polish does.

It it almost seems like your questions are rhetorical? Are you genuinely seeking advice or are you here simply to point out that a product doesn't work for an application that it's not even designed for?

Post Thanks / Like

What's GPS?
    http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-gps.html
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

this is one of the "silliest" threads ive ever seen on AGO. if you have a product that already does what you want it to do, just use that. seems a little easier than asking the manufacturer or someone else to justify you buying a product. certain product lines have specialized products that are formulated for very specific purposes so that people can easily reach for what they want to do(clean trim, clean an interior, etc.) and they don't run into any surprises. It's the preferred method for some.

there are even prescription drugs that have off label uses. once you go off label you lose the right to complain about it working for whatever you're using it for. that should be common sense.

8. Likes AKT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This product is NOT made for plastic. Simple.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

What's GPS?
    You asked for it.

GPS or Global Positioning System is a network of orbiting satellites that send precise details of their position in space back to earth. The signals are obtained by GPS receivers, such as navigation devices and are used to calculate the exact position, speed and time at the vehicles location.

11. Thanks AKT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You asked for it.

GPS or Global Positioning System is a network of orbiting satellites that send precise details of their position in space back to earth. The signals are obtained by GPS receivers, such as navigation devices and are used to calculate the exact position, speed and time at the vehicles location.
    thanks for the clarification. i was thinking here at work it was the Great Plains Software

with that said. I just put an order last night for my first coating products. i also put fathers day in the comment field so im hoping to have a review of my own for McKee's 37 next weekend.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast