autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Britemax Pure Max

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I know i was just saying to myself that his post is excessively long. took me a half hour to scroll down. So it suds up pretty good huh? You like it?
    OP was Great... Quoting it, not so much. Lol.

It suds up pretty good... In the bucket. However something weird happens as it doesn't all translate over when you're washing your paint with the mitt. It's a bit mind boggling. I spend most of my time thinking about that everytime I've used it, because my OCD yearns for suds when I see them in the bucket.

I pretty much agree with everything OP said in his review. It's spot on, however I didn't notice the paint popping like he did. Not saying it looked bad or anything, just didn't blow me away or make the cat do a handstand or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    OP was Great... Quoting it, not so much. Lol.

I pretty much agree with everything OP said in his review. It's spot on, however I didn't notice the paint popping like he did. Not saying it looked bad or anything, just didn't blow me away or make the cat do a handstand or something.
    Pure Max is not designed to enhance looks, in fact it's purpose is to allow your vehicles protection to show at its best as its not being altered by any polymers, gloss enhancing oils or waxes being left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BRITEMAX View Post
    Pure Max is not designed to enhance looks, in fact it's purpose is to allow your vehicles protection to show at its best as its not being altered by any polymers, gloss enhancing oils or waxes being left behind.
    Some just do not know their products. When the OP said he had people asking what he used on his car, the answer would be the LSP, not the soap. This soap only *cleans*, which is what I prefer, and does not alter the water behavior or look of the LSP.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Some just do not know their products. When the OP said he had people asking what he used on his car, the answer would be the LSP, not the soap. This soap only *cleans*, which is what I prefer, and does not alter the water behavior or look of the LSP.
    Correct, I told them I had a ceramic coating on the car. I did not tell them that the soap I just used just cleaned the car enough to bring out the coating again. If anyone knows about detailing, the prep work and LSP is what matters. A good soap will bring back that freshly detailed look.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb5450 View Post
    Correct, I told them I had a ceramic coating on the car. I did not tell them that the soap I just used just cleaned the car enough to bring out the coating again. If anyone knows about detailing, the prep work and LSP is what matters. A good soap will bring back that freshly detailed look.

I wasn't referring to you.

However, you're spot on.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I wasn't referring to you.

However, you're spot on.
    I figured you weren't, just offering clarification for the good of the group. Britemax Pure Max

Post Thanks / Like

Is there really a difference between 'good' soaps? I've used a bad soap before... ahem... armor all, that didn't really seem like it was a soap at all and didn't get the car clean.
    As far as 'good' soaps go, I've never experienced one that made me think - wow, this soap sure is better than any other soap. I think the idea here that this soap is just a soap and doesn't try to do multiple things is what sets it apart? But how is that worth being a premium product? There are lots of ordinary soap only car soaps you can pickup by the bucket at any autoparts store. As you said, the prep and LSP is what makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb5450 View Post

Post Thanks / Like

I did a very favorable review of this back in Sept. '15, when Autopia started carrying it and still feel the same over a year later.
    I'm typically a rinseless washer, but Britemax quickly rose to be my top choice when I bring out the hose or PW. It's super-slippery, cleans well and more importantly, flood rinses better than any others I've tried. Probably the only minus I can think of is the lack of dilution ratios on the label. My last wash was 1/4 oz. per gallon, but after reading this thread I may cut that in half next time.
    What I like also is the lack of any gloss additives, similar to Meg's D114. If I plan on a finishing wax after the wash, with no polishing in between, D114 or Britemax is my go-to.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I never implied that there should be a difference in looks after using this soap... I simply said I didn't notice the same kind of difference that OP did after using it. Maybe his car was dirtier than mine prior to washing it, who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I tried there aio light cut pretty good
    Yes tried it as well pretty good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast