autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stoner Visible Shine Coating Wash

To start off, this product, Stoner Visible Shine Coating Wash, was sent to me to use and post a review on the forum. I had a car that was not maintained, as well as a maintained coated car to compare results. Thank you Meghan for sending me this product.

The good:
    Nice foam- The product foamed very well in the bucket and on the car.
    Wash and wax on steroids- The product impressed me with how it could make the water bead on a neglected paint surface.
    Clear directions- The product was easy to use and I knew exactly what I was supposed to do, how much product to use and what the expected results were. The product was honest and worked as advertised.
    Possible game changer- I cannot state durability yet, but if this lasts around a month I will be extremely impressed. Simply wash your car then dry it. The car seems to benefit from a nice layer of protection that makes the paint slick. I didn’t clay the car, but it was a huge improvement.

The bad:
    Depending on the selected process, this may be a wasted step- If you would be putting a wax, sealant, or coating on your car this product may be a waste of time and product. If you need to polish and remove all protection, why use a product that is designed to leave a layer of protection behind?

With a well-maintained car, I didn’t notice a huge difference in beading- In the video, I discuss using it on my wife’s coated car. While it did renew the beading, it wasn’t anything special. If I first used this on a maintained car and I didn’t know it was a coating soap, I probably wouldn’t have noticed. I understand that may not have been Stoner’s target market. They may have created this for a one wash a month consumer. If so, this product seems to be a huge success. Another thought entered my mind while washing. Would this be a good maintenance product? If it adds protection and renews beading does this allow for a cheaper service to offer? Could you skip a spray wax and simply wash a customer’s car and get similar results?

Prior to washing:

When I started washing the Honda, the product was able to slide effortlessly over the paint. It had a nice amount of suds and I could tell it was cleaning the car well. During my first rinse of the car I was hoping for beading as I wanted the product to work. How cool would it be if this product made this panel bead like the water activated sealants??? When I rinsed I noticed some beads, but not too many. It was a huge improvement but not what I was expecting. I redid the panel, because maybe it was too dirty and just needed a second wash. I rinsed again, but still had the same result with little difference. I did another panel, same thing. By this time, it was about 1-2 minutes after I did the first panel. When I was rinsing the second panel, I got water on panel number one. It beaded a lot more this time. After some experimenting, I think this product needs a minute or two to activate. When I would go back and spray a cleaned panel, it beaded better than the first rinse. This is seen in the video I posted. When the soap is rinsed, beading is present, but not amazing. Later in the video without doing anything else, the beading intensified.

To conclude, I would buy this product when it comes out. It is new, innovative, and all around cool. I will update in terms of durability. Keep in mind the Honda will not be washed or maintained. It is garage kept most of the time. The results will be real world for what I believe is Stoner’s target market. When I was finished, my neighbor (owner of the car) came out and was amazed. My other neighbor asked why she got to have her car done and not him (he wasn’t home at the time) he thought it looked very clean and shiny. These are two people that typically don’t notice these types of things. Finally, my neighbor’s daughter came home and asked her mom if she washed her car, because it looked great. A car that was washed for the first time, possibly since it was bought, got clean and shiny enough that three non-car people took notice. All this from a quick wash!

https://youtu.be/OhMES8qbDR0

My wife's car:

https://youtu.be/H_YXp2XI9w0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stoner Visible Shine Coating Wash

Nicely done, review

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review. I will definitely be trying this out to compare to Hydrofoam which I Love!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for the reply, never tired hydrofoam, I guess I'll add one more product to my list.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting product. Soon to be released.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

this would be another (perhaps better) option than the wash & wax soaps that you find OTC. thanks for the review and sharing your thoughts...

Post Thanks / Like

More and more wash / coat products coming out

Will wait and see price...

Post Thanks / Like

I read the label as a car wash for coated cars. I didnt realize they are trying to say it coats as it washes? lol
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I read the label as a car wash for coated cars. I didnt realize they are trying to say it coats as it washes? lol
    The label states it is a step up from a wash and wax, I'm assuming just more durable. I like all the water activated wax/coating products coming out lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Colorado ZR2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast