autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang vinyl and rubber protectant

Got a sample of this from AG to test out. It's been a while - I pretty much stopped detailing my cars during the long winter, so this is later than I intended.

Short story: Used it on a vinyl door panel that is about 11 years old and was kind of blotchy looking toward the bottom (black). This stuff took care of that. Door now looks great. Except from some scratches, it looks close to new. Smell like coconut, but doesn't leave a lingering scent or stink up the car.

Longer story: I really like how this stuff worked. It's white, medium think consistency. A little goes a long way. A couple of sprays with it covered my door panel nicely. It seems to cover well and dries to a nice satin finish. I read that if you buff it you can get some shine. I didn't try that. As I mentioned above, it really did a nice job of covering some aging and blotchyness on the black part of the door panel. I've tried several other products and with one exception haven't gotten these results. Will try this stuff a few more places and see how it goes.

TBD how long it lasts. How much it out-gasses and messes up my interior windows, or if there are any issues. First reaction is very positive.

And here's a great review of this stuff and the BF APC I also reviewed. His review puts mine to shame.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang vinyl and rubber protectant

Thanks for the review. Sounds like it's a good product for anyone looking to try something new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk