autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs Hot Shine Reflect Foam

Got a sample of this from AG to test out. It's been a while - I pretty much stopped detailing my cars during the long winter, so this is later than I intended. It smells very much like grape soda.

Short story: Meh... good for the intended purpose. It's a foaming cleaner/tire shine that is meant to be spray-on-and-walk away. It does do this. It leaves tires fairly shiny looking.

Longer story: this works pretty well. It does clean your tires and leave some shine. However, after it dries the tire looks like it's had something sprayed on it. It's kind of sticky looking and is fairly shiny. If you want shiny tires and don't want to clean them, this is probably a good option. Not that my test tires were not filthy, but they were not clean either. This stuff works as advertised.

The big issue for me is that I don't want my tires to have that "something has been applied" look. I want then to look black and natural, kind of line new tires. This stuff doesn't do that. So it does work, but isn't really something I would use.

After letting it dry and applied a little more and then took a tire applicator sponge to it. That helped even out the look quite a bit. Still more shiny than I prefer. It's not blindingly shiny, but definitely has some shine. So far it's lasted about 10 days and still looks good (no rain).
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs Hot Shine Reflect Foam

if you decide that you don't want to use it anymore, use it in the wheel wells. i don't like the shiny bling tire look as well. PERL 1:1 works perfect for me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    if you decide that you don't want to use it anymore, use it in the wheel wells. i don't like the shiny bling tire look as well. PERL 1:1 works perfect for me...
    For tires I generally go more low tech than PERL. Duragloss Tire and Rubber dressing (253) work great for me. Reapply as needed. Similar results with Blackfire Trim and Tire Protectant. The BF is just slightly shinier. Price to performance the DG is very hard to beat for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    For tires I generally go more low tech than PERL.
    dilute 3:1 or perhaps 4:1 and the gloss will be reduced. i also have dg253 and it's a great product too. was using mainly using this until i started to use PERL...

Post Thanks / Like

Tried it in a wheel well. Looks pretty good. Will have to see how it lasts - guessing it won't hold up to rain very well, but will see. Thanks for the good alternate usage tip.

Post Thanks / Like

The CarPro PERL 1:1 looks great on tires IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Got a sample of this from AG to test out. It's been a while - I pretty much stopped detailing my cars during the long winter, so this is later than I intended. It smells very much like grape soda.

Short story: Meh... good for the intended purpose. It's a foaming cleaner/tire shine that is meant to be spray-on-and-walk away. It does do this. It leaves tires fairly shiny looking.

Longer story: this works pretty well. It does clean your tires and leave some shine. However, after it dries the tire looks like it's had something sprayed on it. It's kind of sticky looking and is fairly shiny. If you want shiny tires and don't want to clean them, this is probably a good option. Not that my test tires were not filthy, but they were not clean either. This stuff works as advertised.

The big issue for me is that I don't want my tires to have that "something has been applied" look. I want then to look black and natural, kind of line new tires. This stuff doesn't do that. So it does work, but isn't really something I would use.

After letting it dry and applied a little more and then took a tire applicator sponge to it. That helped even out the look quite a bit. Still more shiny than I prefer. It's not blindingly shiny, but definitely has some shine. So far it's lasted about 10 days and still looks good (no rain).
    Thank's for the review! I personally didn't like this product either. There's much better products available at Autogeek for dressing tires.
    Tires & Wheels Detailing Products, Tire cleaners, tire gel, tire dressings

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Spray is a aerosol spray tire protectant & dressing. Meguiars leaves a high gloss shine on rubber tires. is perfect for the mobile detailer for use on soccer mom cars, trade ins, etc. I catch it on sale and stock up. Spray it on, wipe it off the rims, move on. I have several cans on my shelf.