autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Jescar Micro Finishing Polish (+ special guests) - Review

As a long time fan of Menzerna SF-4000 and now SF-3500 I was intrigued when I saw Jescar, (formally MenzernaUSA) developed their own line of compound and polish. Could Jescar’s Micro Finishing Polish be better than SF-3500? Or was it the same thing just relabel? With my annual Spring detail coming up, I jumped at the chance to try Jescar’s Micro Finishing Polish out and find out for myself.

From AG’s copy for Jescar MFP:
    Jescar Micro Finishing Polish, developed using the same advanced abrasive technology as the Jescar Correcting Compound, contains uniform particles that will perfect your paint quickly and consistently. Jescar Micro Finishing Polish contains no fillers, silicones, or waxes that hide paint imperfections – not only making Jescar Finishing Polish body-shop safe, but also a genuine paint polish that will leave your paint looking it’s best.

*Bias Review Disclaimer* AG sent me Jescar Micro Finishing Polish, Correcting Compound, and Lake Country’s HDO pad line to use and review at no-charge. Ok now that bit of housekeeping is out of the way… Onto my review!

Directions

Typical and straightforward:

Warning and contact info:

So basically don’t eat it, wear safety glasses, and gloves!

The speckled purple consistency of MFP looks exactly the same as SF-3500 and Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish. Smells pretty similar too. Anyone know why finishing polishes tend to be this color? Is there a technical reason besides being a nice color?

Application

Using MFP is as easy as you’d expect. Here’s a 50/50 of my trunk after 5-6 section passes using a B&S Uro-Tec light polishing pad:

Same area, viewed from the side:

Nice and corrected!

During my last visit to the dealership the tech left behind a special gift:

These have been bugging me for long enough!! It’s time to get rid of them! Enter Jescar Correcting Compound + LC’s HDO Blue Foam Heavy Cutting Pad:

Pad primed and ready to go:

After 5-6 section passes:

Scratches are gone, with only a slight amount of compounding haze remaining:

Time to refine the area with Micro Finishing Polish + LC’s HDO Orange Foam Polishing Pad:

After 5-6 passes:

Perfection!

*mini-review*
    I was very impressed at how well Jescar Correcting Compound + LC’s HDO Blue Foam Heavy Cutting Pad did to remove the DISO’s. The HDO pads are also very nice to use, ran smooth, and did not heat up as quickly as conventional pads would have. However when performing a 1 step correction Jescar’s MFP + HDO polishing pad didn’t remove watermarks as quickly as B&S Uro-Tec light polishing pads and required additional passes.

Jescar Micro Finishing Polish VS. Menzerna SF-3500

After completing 75% of the car I had a pretty good understanding how Jescar Micro Finishing Polish preformed. It was time to use it back to back with SF-3500.

First up, Jescar MFP:

Now for Menzerna SF-3500:

If you couldn’t tell by the above, the main difference I found was SF-3500 is oilier and takes longer to remove. I repeated this comparison a few times and the results were always the same. Both do a fantastic job at polishing the surface BUT Jescar MFP requires less effort to remove and in turn, allows you to finish the job faster.

In both test, I used the same amount of polish, on an HDO polishing pad, worked for 5-6 section passes on adjacent areas of the same panel, and wiped off with separate clean towels.

Cost comparison: based on an 8oz bottle: oz per oz Jescar MFP is less expensive than Menzerna SF-3500 @ $2.25 per oz vs $3.12 per oz respectively or $17.99 vs $24.99 per bottle.

Results

All done and coated with Gtechniq CSL + EXO:

Conclusion

Jescar Micro Finishing Polish is awesome. If you like using Menzerna SF-3500 but have been put off by how oily it is to remove or how expensive it is to purchase - Jescar Micro Finishing Polish is the answer. I can’t wait to use up my current supply of SF-3500 so I can switch over.

I hope you enjoyed this review and the information provided was helpful to anyone considering purchasing any or all of these products.

A finally a very big Thank You! to Meghan@AG for sending me these goodies for this review

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jescar Micro Finishing Polish (+ special guests) - Review

Great review! Great job!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Great review as always Angus. Love the Gif's too!

Post Thanks / Like

First off. Nicely written review and comparison against Menzerna! Next, nice BMW and great job on the detail.

Have had an eye on the jescar stuff. Once my sf3800 runs out I may purchase it.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Angus,

Always a pleasure to read your reviews...nicely done

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike p gave me some to try great stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection View Post
    Have had an eye on the jescar stuff. Once my sf3800 runs out I may purchase it.
    Unless I misunderstood, Angus is saying the Jescar MFP is an analog to SF3500, not 3800.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best reviews I've ever seen, Angus!

Well done!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review!

Is Jescar water based?

Post Thanks / Like

The purple color has always been a head-scratcher for me too. Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish is the same color as well and it seems to stain my white LC pads too.

While not the focus of your review, how aggressive is the Correcting Compound? Is it a heavy compound like Menzerna 400 or is it a milder product like Menzerna 2500, Blackfire SRC Compound, or Wolfgang Swirl Remover?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast