autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes Ibrid Nano 2" Lake Country pads

I see some have been asking about these pads. With some use, specifically A, B, C pillars, and motorcycles, I can say they are great!! Much better in my opinion than the stock Rupes pads that the Ibrid comes with.

The feel of them is of much higher quality! I like the contoured edges! As far as heat, none of them get really warm. After all it is a mini polisher

I do highly recommend these!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Ibrid Nano 2" Lake Country pads

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    I see some have been asking about these pads. With some use, specifically A, B, C pillars, and motorcycles, I can say they are great!! Much better in my opinion than the stock Rupes pads that the Ibrid comes with.

The feel of them is of much higher quality! I like the contoured edges! As far as heat, none of them get really warm. After all it is a mini polisher

I do highly recommend these!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Those are by far the BEST two inch pads I own. The two inch hydrotech pads that AG sells on the other hand are terrible and completely defeat the purpose of using a 2" pad because unlike the 2" pads shown in your photo, the hydrotech 2" pads don't have the tapered edge that provides cushion between the pad and the backing plate which is the worst because obviously any 2" pad is meant to be used in intricate areas.

I'm not sure why AG doesn't carry these pads rather than the current hydrotech 2" pads. They are superior pads and perfect for the Rupes Nano OR for the Boss Micro Rotary (my personal favorite)

While we're on the subject, will AG ever pick up the Shine Supply line of products? I hear nothing but good things about the entire line and I feel like it's geared towards professionals. I know AG has always had a high standard and generally would never take on another product brand that was rebottled junk or that didn't live up to their expectations. Makes me wonder how Jay Leno car care slipped through the cracks.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Those are by far the BEST two inch pads I own. The two inch hydrotech pads that AG sells on the other hand are terrible and completely defeat the purpose of using a 2" pad because unlike the 2" pads shown in your photo, the hydrotech 2" pads don't have the tapered edge that provides cushion between the pad and the backing plate which is the worst because obviously any 2" pad is meant to be used in intricate areas.

I'm not sure why AG doesn't carry these pads rather than the current hydrotech 2" pads. They are superior pads and perfect for the Rupes Nano OR for the Boss Micro Rotary (my personal favorite)

While we're on the subject, will AG ever pick up the Shine Supply line of products? I hear nothing but good things about the entire line and I feel like it's geared towards professionals. I know AG has always had a high standard and generally would never take on another product brand that was rebottled junk or that didn't live up to their expectations. Makes me wonder how Jay Leno car care slipped through the cracks.lol
    I thought those were the Hydrotech?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I thought those were the Hydrotech?
    nope, here's the difference....
    Rupes Ibrid Nano 2" Lake Country pads-img_3848-jpgRupes Ibrid Nano 2" Lake Country pads-img_3847-jpgRupes Ibrid Nano 2" Lake Country pads-img_3846-jpgRupes Ibrid Nano 2" Lake Country pads-img_3845-jpg

The red is a LC pad that Autogeek doesn't sell and I wish they would replace the crappy 2" hydrotechs that they do sell with the nicer ones that are slightly thicker and have the tapered edge

While they are at it, I'd love for them to carry the 2" LC rotary backing plate as well.

I'm pretty needy.lol

Post Thanks / Like

The CarPro 2 inch pads a pretty good too.

Post Thanks / Like

I cut and carve out my own 2 inch pads for the ibrid much cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    How do you get the taper?
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    What method and pads have you had the best success with? Are you using the pad punch that that carprousa sells? Did you make your own? I just could never justify spending $300 on a set of pad punches. I'd love to find a DIY method that works

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which one are the one with the tapered edge from lake country? Is it the lake country ibrid mini 2 imch pads?