autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Car Wash Plus (Mini Review)

This past weekend I pulled my boat from storage and prepped it before putting it in the water for the summer. Meghan was kind enough to send me a bottle of Meguiars Car Wash Plus for review. There have been several reviews of this product on the forum with some pretty impressive outcomes. I was somewhat leary to try this on any of my cars but knew that I had the upcoming prep of my boat and figured it would be the perfect chance to give it a try. This product is supposed to eliminate the need for a bucket during washing and has the ability to remove light marring and scuffs during the wash.

Product Description:

Meguiars Car Wash Plus+

Meguiars Car Wash Plus+ is an innovative new car wash product that eliminates the need for buckets – but it’s not a spray and wipe waterless wash! This super concentrated, lotion-like formula applies directly to your wash mitt and then to your paint! No mixing and repeated trips to your wash bucket – probably the easiest car wash you’ll ever do!

Meguiars Car Wash Plus+ is definitely a new take on car wash products. This 100% active formula removes not only dirt and grime, but also bugs, grease, light stains and light scuff marks as well! The super concentrated formula makes for maximum cleaning and a little bit goes a long way!

Many people are surprised to hear how long a standard car wash takes. When you add together all of the time spent filling your buckets, mixing your product at the correct temperature, and doing the actual wash itself, you’re looking at a good few hours of work. Meguiars Car Wash Plus+ cuts down on this working time by eliminating the need for buckets!

When used with a clean and plush microfiber or sheepskin wash mitt, Meguiars Car Wash Plus+ is a super safe, and super effective, way to get your paint clean of dirt, road grime, dust, and even light scuff marks – all without the use of wash buckets

Application:

I decided that I didn't feel confident using this product without a bucket so I filled a 5 gallon bucket with water and proceeded to hose down my boat before I put it in the water. The boat had some minor accumulated dirt from being stored with the shrink wrap outside all winter. I took a Meguiars micro fiber mitt and put 3 small beads on the pad and proceeded to wash the boat. One of the first things I noticed is that the product is very foamy and a little product goes a long way. The mitt was instantly foamy as I worked it back and forth on the boats gelcoat. I would then rinse the mitt and rinse in the bucket before applying more product. I basically applied the product 3 times. 1 x per each side and front and 1 x for the rear transom area. With each application of product I used 3 small beads.

The cleaning ability was pretty impressive and it cut through any of the residue from the shrink wrap and dirt from the winter. It also instantly removed any black streaks that I had on the side and some minor overspray from where the outdrive had been painted for the season.

This product will be perfect for me when using my boat this summer. I wash my boat every single time I take it out of the slip and return. With Meguiars Car Wash Plus I will be able to put the product on a mitt and lean over the side to clean the side and transom without the need for filling up a dedicated bucket with soap. This will be the perfect solution for me when I want to do quick wash and rinse and don't want to do a waterless wash. The next time I use it I will eliminate the bucket and just spray the mitt heavily with the hose nozzle before applying more of the Car Wash Plus.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Car Wash Plus (Mini Review)

I would not use that only if I was to polish a car prior.Chemical guys citrus wash and wax is pretty good fortified with lots of wax in it.Megs is more of a prep wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review.

But as a man that has worked on/around boats for most of my 47 years on this earth, I can tell you this one fact: DO NOT SHRINK WRAP YOUR BOAT.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

After years of garage rinseless washing... this is my new go to outdoor wash technique. No buckets.. just the hose and synthetic wool wash pad. Add your favourite wash soap into a pump bottle.. 1 squirt into the mit.. massage it all around and go to work panel at a time.. rinse with hose and repeat. I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Post Thanks / Like

Not me lol.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I still cant quite grasp the concept of no water. But I can see how this might work well on a boat. Although is it marine friendly for a boat in the water?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Nice review. I still cant quite grasp the concept of no water. But I can see how this might work well on a boat. Although is it marine friendly for a boat in the water?
    What do you mean "no water"? The mit is hosed off and saturated before applying the product. It's not a rinseless wash.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Did this product fall from grace? I see it's no longer stocked in the AG store.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Did this product fall from grace? I see it's no longer stocked in the AG store.
    I went to Walmart recently, and found they also didn’t carry it anymore.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t sell very well. Just take a look at the way people in the AG Facebook group view something as simple as rinseless or waterless washing.. let alone how someone may view using a product like wash +, lol.

It’s still available on other websites, and I may have to grab a bottle or two just to have on hand. I had wanted to grab it for washing particularly gross vehicles for people without having to hit them with a more aggressive pre soak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It’d be a shame if they got rid of D114 to make room for this predictable outcome..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast