autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Car Wash Plus (Mini Review)

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i recently noticed at my local oreilly's (picked up some FI cleaner) that they took the wash plus off the shelf and are no longer stocking it...
    I stopped by my local pep boys and the shelf was full of them. Still regular price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I stopped by my local pep boys and the shelf was full of them. Still regular price.
    over a few months ago, my local pepboys put it on the clearance table (i guess it differs from store to store) and i ended up buying all they had (right now they have a 25% save instantly sale online which brings it down to $7.49 but can pick it up in store). it's like a better/improved version (assuming it's citrus based since it smells like it) of cg's citrus wash & gloss that you can use on both on a wash mitt and bucket (cleans very well and a little goes a long way). not to mention it's a 24 oz. bottle compared to the cw&g which is 16 oz for about the same price..

Post Thanks / Like

That was quick. At my door this morning. Looking forward to using it when I undertake the spring detail.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Just stopped at the O'Reilly's where I've been getting it and they don't have it on the shelf anymore

Post Thanks / Like

Forensic details did a battery of test on this product. He took a black panel and corrected it 100%. He then washed the panel with this and brought it inside to inspect it with controlled lighting. There was a ton of micro scratches on the panel. I would not use this stuff unless I was gonna do a paint correction afterwards. Using this as a regular maintenance wash is a very bad idea.

6. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Forensic details did a battery of test on this product. He took a black panel and corrected it 100%. He then washed the panel with this and brought it inside to inspect it with controlled lighting. There was a ton of micro scratches on the panel. I would not use this stuff unless I was gonna do a paint correction afterwards. Using this as a regular maintenance wash is a very bad idea.
    i wouldn't use this as a maintenance wash, but as you said only when preparing to do a paint correction when the paint needs to be deep cleaned. it can also be used in a bucket wash at 1oz to 3 gallons of water. the forensic detail video mentioned it's not from the product itself, it's just the method (continuously working dirt into the panel) they tell you on how to use it...

Post Thanks / Like

The problems I've run into with Wash+ on fresh LSP is I generally need two hard applications (applied directly to the wash mitt) once the paint is already clean to knock the LSP down. If your mitt is soaked you won't get much bite out of the product, but even if you wring the water out of the mitt and work it into a wet surface, you're only able to work with a limited area before the abrasives no longer spread effectively. This is a normal concept, we work in a 2x2 area when compounding to maximize the effectiveness of the abrasives...try to spread the abrasives out too far and we won't get decent cut on the outskirts of our working area. The same concept applies to Wash+, even though the suds spread very far we still have a limited effective range of cut and I need to go over each section twice to knock everything down enough. After all of this, I still have to go over the paint with the polisher to clean the marring up. So that's all in the context of knocking down fresh LSP on soft paint, Wash+ is a great concept especially compared to the chemical based "stripping" soaps but there's enough shortfalls that tell me to just pull the polisher out. Also, do not try to use Wash+ on a soft finishing pad like it's M205.

Post Thanks / Like

i wouldn't use this as a maintenance wash, but as you said only when preparing to do a paint correction when the paint needs to be deep cleaned. it can also be used in a bucket wash at 1oz to 3 gallons of water. the forensic detail video mentioned it's not from the product itself, it's just the method (continuously working dirt into the panel) they tell you on how to use it...
    Yes but the panel will obviously be dirty if you are washing the car. Why would you wash if it was already clean? As for polishing pre-wash, I don't see a benefit. A rinseless wash is faster (if you are trying to save time) and a normal 2 bucket wash will do a better job (if you are worried about leaving any dirt behind).

So for me, this product doesn't have a spot in the arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Yes but the panel will obviously be dirty if you are washing the car. Why would you wash if it was already clean? As for polishing pre-wash, I don't see a benefit. A rinseless wash is faster (if you are trying to save time) and a normal 2 bucket wash will do a better job (if you are worried about leaving any dirt behind).

So for me, this product doesn't have a spot in the arsenal.
    fair enough, everyone has their own preference. if i'm starting from scratch, this fits the bill for me though i would tend to use it in the bucket more often than put it on the wash mitt and go over the panel several (more than needed) times. it smells citrus based and needs a good shaking (it tends to separate after a while) which reminds of citrus wash & gloss which may explain why it cleans so well...

Post Thanks / Like

fair enough, everyone has their own preference. if i'm starting from scratch, this fits the bill for me though i would tend to use it in the bucket more often than put it on the wash mitt and go over the panel several (more than needed) times. it smells citrus based and needs a good shaking (it tends to separate after a while) which reminds of citrus wash & gloss which may explain why it cleans so well...
    Couldn’t carpro reset also be used for a wash that’s more aggressive to an LSP that’s not a coating?

I’m genuinely curious, because I was under the impression carpro reset was a stronger detergent since coatings are much more resistant to something like that, so using it on something like a wax or sealant could degrade it.

This is all ignoring cost difference, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast