autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up McKee’s 37 FAST Metal Polish - Review

Cleaning the exhaust tips on my DD is one car cleaning choir I’m guilty of skipping out on. Sure I’ll give the tips a quick once over with a soapy brush after I’m all done cleaning the rims but that really isn’t enough to remove built up carbon deposits from everyday driving.

Enter McKee’s 37 FAST Metal Polish:

*Bias Review Disclaimer* McKee’s 37 sent me this item to use and review at no charge. Ok, now that bit of housekeeping is out of the way… Onto my review!

From McKee’s 37’s copy for FAST Metal Polish:
    What used to be considered a messy job is now FAST and EASY thanks to McKee’s ammonia-free formula that forgoes caustic ingredients and instead relies on advanced chemistry. Use McKee’s 37 FAST Metal Polish to restore a brilliant finish on chrome, polished aluminum, stainless steel, brass, copper, diamond plate, mufflers and exhaust tips, and any other metal surface that needs a little TLC. No-mess formula makes for quick and easy clean up, plus it works FAST!

As promised, I didn’t notice any harsh odors when screwing the bottle cap to remove the shipping seal. As far as I could tell, FAST Metal Polish has a mild lemon-lime (?) scent and a runny yogurt like consistency:

Let’s get started!

Directions:

1. Thoroughly clean the surface to be polish. - Check.
    2. If polishing by hand, apply a quarter-sized amount of McKee’s 37 FAST Metal Polish onto a terrycloth applicator pad and vigorously buff the metal surface until a brilliant finish is revealed. - Check. I opted to polish by hand with a microfiber towel since not everyone has access to a machine polisher.
    3. Remove the excess product with a clean microfiber towel. - Check
    4. Depending on the level of contamination, a second application may be necessary. - Check... or 3 or 4 applications….

Instead of taking photos of the above process, I made a video:

Looks pretty good now! The video I edited down to 37second but the whole process took ~5 minutes and required about 4 applications of FAST Metal Polish.

Before: with carbon build up:

After: Nice and clean!

My other exhaust tip wasn’t nearly as dirty and took maybe a minute and 2 applications to do.

We’ll see how long the anti-corrosive agent in FAST Metal Polish last/ protects/ allows me to neglect the tips again for…

Conclusion

All in all, FAST Metal Polish did what it claimed - it’s easy to use and left my tips nice clean and shiny. The product has a nice neutral scent and didn’t give me a headache afterward as some detailing chemicals have a tendency to do.

If you’re in the market for a metal polish - check this one out.

I hope you enjoyed this review. Thanks for reading! And a very big thanks to the folks at McKee's 37 for generously sending me a bottle of FAST Metal Polish

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee’s 37 FAST Metal Polish - Review

Looks like it wasn't able to power through and clean the inside of the barrel. Maybe if you paired it up with some 00 Steel Wool it might be able to clean it.

BTW, I bought some of those gloves you recommended.. Except I bought the black ones. Yea I know these might be slightly thinner, but I haven't had any of them break or fail on me yet, they're great.

I made sure to get them the proper size. Loose fitting gloves bug the heck out of me. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Right on! Happy to hear you like the gloves! Can't go wrong with black either.

Yeah I'll have to hit the inside with some steel wool. Wasn't giving that area as much attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, Angus always professional

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done, Angus always professional
    Thank you, Sir! Always appreciate your kind words.