autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Mini Review Of The Scangrip Sunmatch and I-View Lighting System

Figured I had a little time off work so why not share my review here of the I-view and Sunmatch by Scangrip. Prior to this purchase, I was skeptical at first, because all of my detailing was done without lightning however these two small tools made life much easier. I am a big fan of off label use of products to get the most bang for the buck out of the product(s) I buy however while these lights work great for swirl hunting, they also work great as for mechanical work, interiors, and just a general all purpose light you can use anytime. Heck, you may be even be able to lug around the small matchpen Scangrip makes.

Here I've attached the basic unit to the fridge while inspecting the rear quarter pane, just be sure you have a secure lock with the magnet for some reason it attached very securely to mine, not sure if it was because of the materiall:

I can also use the base unit and attach the light to the base and attached it to the fridge for extra stability, I put it far away from the car so if someone bumps into it, it won't have a chance of hitting the car by mistake:

Checking my work here:

How it was before:

I also use the iview (very comfortable when wearing it) or the sun match and attach it to the hood latch to quickly check my air filter, oil level, coolant level, brake fluid, throttle body, brake level, wheels, and and leaks I can find. I stopped cleaning the inner barrels of the wheels because even with the first drive it becomes like this so only the faces get cleaned. This car also has a tendency to have a leaky water pump, but this ones good to go! Do this for your customers and I can assure you they will be impressed even coming from a weekend warrior like myself, after all they are trusting you with their car:

I also use the iview for the interior, don't underestimate this unit, the unit is very bright so bright that you only need to use the lowest level to get the job done. You can actually see the fibers in the alcantara and make patterns in them if your a professional and want to earn some extra points:

Im sure this is only few of the uses I use these tools for but think about all the other money you spend on chemicals, this is not much more and something you will always use. Then you get to know how much of a wise investment it is. Truly something every detailer should keep in their arsenal.

Hope this helps someone, thanks for watching!

-James

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Mini Review Of The Scangrip Sunmatch and I-View Lighting System

Though I understand it stinks the barrels get dirty fast, if you never clean them they will get uncleanable. Maybe switch to a different pad that doesn't dust as much?

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. Both lights are great and I recommend them as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post
    Though I understand it stinks the barrels get dirty fast, if you never clean them they will get uncleanable. Maybe switch to a different pad that doesn't dust as much?
    True, I will probably do it yearly or something I thought about the pads on the next pad run but these have never failed when I needed them, just wish brembo made something with less dust.

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice review. Both lights are great and I recommend them as well.