autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review Britemax AIO Max

I received this product at no charge from Meghan, and in return, I agreed to provide a review on the forum. I will try to keep this as objective as I can.

Abbreviated copy from AG

Britemax AIO Max is an easy-to-use all in one product that corrects mild paint imperfections and adds a durable layer of protection to your vehicle. This highly-effective formula can be used as a standalone product, or as a second step on previously polished paint. Britemax AIO Max restores the beauty and shine that was hidden by light swirls and oxidation, and all in one easy step!

I realize that the $1k+ correction and coating jobs get a lot of attention, and rightfully so; who doesn't like 4 figures. But I still think the traditional AIO work is the bread and butter of detailing. They typically result in a huge turn-around, the non-geek is thrilled with the result, there is a great profit margin on them and a single guy can crank out at least 2, if not 3 in a day. I'll admit it is hard work and having a good polisher (or several) and an even better AIO is key to getting these jobs done efficiently. My go-to products have been D151 and HD Speed and you'd be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't put one of these two at or near the top of their list. Enter Britemax AIO max. As stated above, it will remove light swirls, which is a key factor for AIOs that I plan to use. It has a green apple fragrance that is awesome. It's somewhat runny compared to HD speed, so there is some potential to splatter, but in my experience that's also an indicator of a product that will be easy to wipe off, and this was very easy to wipe off.

After using the PB super slick & foam on the GTI, we used a clay mitt and then taped things up partially in preparation for the AIO. I've done this car many times in the past and I'm well aware the paint is hard as nails. I chose to use the rupes UHS pads on a Boss 21. The UHS pads are very stiff, so I apply several sprays of water to the surface to soften the foam, I then use a towel to remove the majority of the water before starting. For whatever reason, HD speed does not like any water and becomes very hard to remove for me, not so with Britemax. I did one pass to spread the AIO, then 4 passes at speed 5 with medium pressure and arm speed and then a final pass at speed 3 with slow arm speed and no pressure. The polish wiped off with no effort.

Before

After

I also used Britemax AIO on the gloss b-pillars with the nano and a rupes yellow pad. 1 pass to spread at 2 and 4 passes at speed 4. It obviously wasn't 100% and I didnt' expect it to be, but it was a respectable improvement for an AIO.

Before

After

Finally, I used the Nano with blue pads on the mirror caps

Before

After

Proof positive I used a rupes blue pad

So how well does Britewax AIO splatter wipe off trim? Super easy; you can see a couple streaks here after one wipe, after a final cleaning in prep for protectant, there was no discernible residue.

Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review Britemax AIO Max

great review, this was the first AIO I tried several years ago and I had a bad experience but I honestly think it was me and not the AIO. I am going to find my bottle and give it another shot!

Post Thanks / Like

Britemax AOI has a very mild cut even for an AOI. I would compare it to KAOI as far as Cut and KAOI doesn't have any abrasives.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, thank you for putting in the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Bob! Thanks for sharing.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team