autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Wurth Cockpit Care

Disclaimer: Meghan sent me this product along with a few others to review. Thank you Meghan for sending it out to me.

Product: Wurth Cockpit Care

Product link: Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care, cockpit protectant, dash protectant, interior dressing

Price: $22.99

Quantity: 16.9 oz

Product description:

Protect your dash with real carnauba wax and Jojoba oils!

Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care revives plastic surfaces and protects them with natural carnauba wax and oils with a satin matte gloss. Your interior will smell great and stay cleaner longer with Wurth's amazing dust-repellent formula. Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care protects and beautifies in one step.

Natural carnauba wax and Jojoba oils help plastics retain their elasticity and Wurth's unique all-in-one product provides long-term protection against environmental influences and aging. Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care prevents drying and brittleness. Plus, your cockpit surfaces will stay cleaner.

Apply Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care to all interior plastics. To avoid overspray, spray the applicator and wipe over surfaces.

Wurth Absobon Cockpit Care isn't sticky or shiny. It looks natural, rich, and clean - just what a well-detailed interior should look like.
    I am writing this at almost 2 am so I hope this one makes sense lol.

With all of the countless interior protectants from bigger named manufacturers, some products just get lost in the shuffle. I never really paid attention to the Wurth brand. So when I received it I was like huh?

What is interesting is that the chemical makeup of it includes carnauba wax and jojoba oils. The first thing I said to myself is what are jojoba oils? and what is it for?

This is the definition of jojoba (pronounced hoh-hoh-buh)

a shrub, Simmondsia chinensis (or S. californica), of the southwestern U.S. and Mexico, bearing seeds that are the source of an oil (jojoba oil) used in cosmetics and as a lubricant
    The directions on the rear of the bottle are straight forward.

I have not been using anything lately on the interior dash of my Grand Prix for quite some time now. The reason being is that the dash plastics already glare off the glass with nothing on it. I usually just wipe it down with Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. I did try out GTechniq C6 Matte Dash a few months ago which worked out well and gave a nice matte look that I liked. Wurth Cockpit Care looks close to C6. The difference being that Wurth darkens a bit more and a little more sheen.

Started off by wiping down the interior with Meguiar's QID and then a damp microfiber towel to remove any residue. I don't know if I mentioned this in the video I took.

I used a foam applicator to apply it. I started off by spraying the foam applicator and working it into the surface. I tried to capture the difference on camera.

Untreated side

Treated side with Wurth Cockpit Care. Up close it is hard to discern the difference between the treated and untreated side.

I pulled the tape line back after the initial application without buffing off any excess. The darkening effect of cockpit care can be seen.

I did give the surface a light buff to remove any excess product just to be sure.

I decided to let it runs its course for a week to see if it faded away or if it would hold up. After one week I took this photo and the treated side is still showing the protectant intact and doing very well.

I only applied it to this area. I did apply it to the entire interior of my dad's car. His dash has more texture so for that type of material i didn't notice any change in appearance.

Overall it was easy to work with. It left a nice satin matte appearance on the surface that is not glossy to cause glare on the windshield. It dry's to the touch. It does state on the bottle that is anti-static and dust repellent. I can't say I noticed too much dust repellency just on that small area over the week. I didn't see dust accumulation on that area after applying it or the next day when I got into the car, so I take it the anti-static properties are working. Nothing scientific other than my eyes.

It does not leave any lasting scent. Hard to describe the scent of it. It's like a fresh scent mixed with a carnauba wax scent. It is a white consistency. It is does need to be shaken before using it to mix it up real good.

Protection looks to be good at least from an initial stand point. Will have to see how long it goes until it needs to be reapplied. This would suit those who are looking for protectant that leaves a matte appearance.

I enjoyed using it and will be using it on the entire interior next. FYI the interior plastics will be 18 years old in July.

Thanks for reading.

Application video. Not the best video but an ok video.

1 week update video

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Wurth Cockpit Care

Very nice review Guz, thanks for putting it together! Will you be updating weekly?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Great review.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice and detailed review Mike! Great job!

This product provides a very natural look on the dash - just the way I like it. It looks very similar to the untreated side, yet it says it provides protection. A winner IMO.

I wouldn't have heard of this product until I read your review. Like your initial reaction, I would also say huh LOL!

Great videos too

Thanks for sharing.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Very nice review Guz, thanks for putting it together! Will you be updating weekly?
    Thanks. I am going to say yes to see where it starts to die off.

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Thank you. Great review.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Very nice and detailed review Mike! Great job!

This product provides a very natural look on the dash - just the way I like it. It looks very similar to the untreated side, yet it says it provides protection. A winner IMO.

I wouldn't have heard of this product until I read your review. Like your initial reaction, I would also say huh LOL!

Great videos too

Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks. I had no idea there was this brand in the store line up. I completely looked passed the product line. I do like the look.

Post Thanks / Like

Week 2 update

Still on the dash. Seems to have lightly faded.

Post Thanks / Like

Still hanging around at week 3. No weird staining left behind as the product gradually fades away. I suspect 1 more week before I can't tell it's on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried the Glass cleaner the Foam type in the can??

Nice review/video's =)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Have you tried the Glass cleaner the Foam type in the can??

Nice review/video's =)
    Thanks. I have not tried any other Wurth product other than this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks. I have not tried any other Wurth product other than this one.
    I was a fan you know... Made in Germany etc,,, but i found the whole foam thing a little hard to work with.

Yes when i tried it i thought THIS IS THE BEST THING but under sunlight yes! but under a cars headlight or

my LED head lamp all i saw was smearing?? Maybe i was a little to much with the product? who knows

I have now stuck with a 100% Australian made/owned brand called (Bowden's Own) - Naked Glass.

But if people are a fan of stoners foam.... try the Wurth but not on tinted windows. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast