autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & How-To: Meguiar's Car Wash Plus

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Picked up a bottle and gave it a go today. I used it just how Marc did. I used it as part of the aggressive wash method to prep the paint for a paint correction.

It did remove the sealant on some areas and degraded it in others. My car was wearing 7 week old Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish.

Would make a nice addition to those that do a wash & wax service. Good stuff from Meguiar's.

Using this shampoo as part of the aggressive wash method sounds very appropriate Mike! It also degrades the beading from my spray waxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Okay, so now that I've had it for awhile and just reread this thread, I'm thinking maybe a good use for this product would be as a prewash for products like Hydro2, Wetcoat, or Hydro Blue.
    Sounds like a great plan ducksfan!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    This product is humorous, saves time because you dont have to fill a bucket....lol. ok...
    I was also skeptical Jeff. In fact, I was ready to bash this product that's why I reviewed it. I had plans to say what kind of a product this is and who would use it. But as I used it, I liked it more and more.

I think people are just skeptical of this product because it's a different way of washing your car. Just like I was a skeptic of rinseless and waterless washing when they first came out. But this product works well for its intended purpose so long as good technique is used. Just like with rinseless and waterless washing. I guess don't knock a product until you use it.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Nice review, I like how you rinsed the mitt with the hose I was thinking the same thing. The only criticism I have is your car was hardly dirty. In fact it wasn't really dirty at all It just had a light layer of dust that a detail spray could of cleaned up or hell even maybe a duster. Plus you rinsed it off with water first so what dirt was really left. You could of taken out the scuff marks with probably any diluted apc.
    So are you saying to not rinse off the car before washing the car? Where did you get that? We are all taught to rinse as much dirt/debris off before washing any car to minimize swirling of the paint.

See 9:45 time stamp:

Other articles from Mike Phillips even start with foaming the car down!

Wash and dry a car in less than 30 minutes!
    How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips

Even without linking all these, isn't it just common sense to remove as much debris/dirt/dust off the car before washing it by rinsing or foaming the car down?

The car has a heavy layer of dust on it - maybe the camera wasn't capturing it well. Why does that matter anyway? I sometimes use my WW to clean the car but I wanted to review this product so I used it. Is it required for the car to be extremely dirty before I am allowed to use a soap?? It hasn't rained here for months too so it's not like I have other instances to make my car dirty.

BTW, Mike Stoops from Meguiar's even said that he wouldn't use a QD on a car with a heavy layer of dust/sand.
    Would You Use UWWA or UQD On This?

The scuff marks are from a car or door making contact with the paint. Like I said, it required vigorous scrubbing on my part to remove it. APC for sure won't remove it. If it does get removed with APC, it's probably from the agitation of the wash mitt (or whatever you're using) and not from the APC itself. This product has some abrasives on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Nice review, I like how you rinsed the mitt with the hose I was thinking the same thing. The only criticism I have is your car was hardly dirty. In fact it wasn't really dirty at all It just had a light layer of dust that a detail spray could of cleaned up or hell even maybe a duster. Plus you rinsed it off with water first so what dirt was really left. You could of taken out the scuff marks with probably any diluted apc.
    The car in this review is actually his wife's car that isn't maintained the same as his other cars and doesn't have a great LSP on it. It's also not just a little dust. Just because it's not covered in mud doesn't mean it's hardly dirty.There is a lot of sand that gets mixed in there from the frequent sand storms they get in AZ. As far as rinsing off first, I believe that's how most people have washed cars for as long as I can remember. His review was on a new soap, not on a soap and an APC. I think this review answered a lot of people's questions about this product, including myself. Marc puts out some of the most thorough reviews I have seen and I appreciate his effort and time that he puts into them. He also takes time out to answer people's questions and concerns about products with honest feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

I used this stuff for the first time the other day and I like it. I stripped off all the sealant (adam's h20 g&g) I had on the car and left every panel flat. The car was pretty filthy, had about 2 weeks of daily rain driving, and the car wash + clean it up with no problem. This will now be my go to for a strip wash.

Post Thanks / Like

I too like this wash,it's great at deep cleaning and bug removal.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this car wash leaves behind and gloss enhancers, wax, etc...?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I wonder if this car wash leaves behind and gloss enhancers, wax, etc...?
    I don't think it does. It's supposed to strip wax off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I don't think it does. It's supposed to strip wax off.
    I just emailed Meguiars. If it strictly cleans, I'd love to use it to wash before claying and polishing.

Thanks for the great review, BTW.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I just emailed Meguiars. If it strictly cleans, I'd love to use it to wash before claying and polishing.

Thanks for the great review, BTW.
    Thanks.

Please see my reply to VISITOR in the post below:
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ml#post1481914

That video shows that it has micro polishing agents.

Then here's what Nick Winn @ Meguiar's said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Winn View Post
    Hi Marc,

Yes, one application of our Car Wash Plus+, because of it's cleaning ability, will degrade a good amount of, for example, a polymer based wax like our Ultimate Wax. It is recommended to re-apply your favorite coat of wax after use.

- Nick
    From that response, we can deduce that this doesn't leave any protection behind since it strips a good amount of ULW.

It is a great product to decon the paint and that's what a lot of people are using this product for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Thanks.

Please see my reply to VISITOR in the post below:
    https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ml#post1481914

That video shows that it has micro polishing agents.

Then here's what Nick Winn @ Meguiar's said:

From that response, we can deduce that this doesn't leave any protection behind since it strips a good amount of ULW.

It is a great product to decon the paint and that's what a lot of people are using this product for.
    Thanks!!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast