autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee’s 37 Plastic Trim Restorer

McKee’s 37 Plastic Trim Restorer

Description:

Renew your trim's factory finish with no streaking!

McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is an advanced polymer coating specifically designed to penetrate deep into your plastic trim痴 pores to restore and renew the original finish. McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer leaves behind a layer of protection that guards against harsh UV rays and everyday wear and tear. Whether you池e looking to restore your old and faded trim back to life or prevent your brand-new trim from future assault, McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is what you are looking for.

Trim pieces on your vehicle add an extra aesthetic value to the car's overall appearance - that is, if you care for it properly. Just like paint, repeated exposure to UV rays, road grime, and everyday wear and tear can take its toll on your plastic trim surfaces. What was once black and luminous is now gray, streaked, faded, and tired looking. And now, restoring your faded trim doesn't have to be difficult thanks to McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer!

Using a high-tech polymer coating system, McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer goes below the top layer of your trim to fully condition and renew the original appearance. McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is a non-greasy formula that will completely dry to the touch, leaving behind a water-resistant protective layer that will not streak or run when wet. Additionally, McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is easily wiped off of surrounding surfaces (such as glass and paint) without causing damage if accidental exposure occurs.

Is your trim brand new and already perfect? You can keep it that way with McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer! Prevent all of the downfalls listed above by simply protecting your plastic surfaces from the get-go! McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is a must for new cars - whether you have a ton of trim or not! Preventing a problem is always easier than trying to correct that problem later on.

Price:

$19.99 for 8oz

Review:

This review will be short and sweet.

Here's the description and directions of this product:

Here are some before pictures of the vehicle's faded, dull and grey plastic trim:

Driver side front fender trim:

Driver side rear fender trim:

Passenger side rear fender trim:

Directions recommended that the McKee's 37 Wax Remover for Plastic 16 oz. is used to clean the plastic trim. I didn't understand why I had to do this because I just washed the vehicle and everything is clean. Boy I was wrong!!!

Spray the McKee's 37 Wax Remover for Plastic 16 oz. on the plastic trim:

Let it dwell on the surface for 30-60 seconds:

Thoroughly scrub the plastic trim using a microfiber towel:

Here's the reason why I was wrong - it pulled some dirt from the plastic trim even if I just finished washing the vehicle!!! Crazy!

On the other trim pieces, I decided to spray the McKee's 37 Wax Remover for Plastic 16 oz. directly on the microfiber towel as shown:

Then thoroughly wipe the plastic trim:

This is the amount of dirt I picked up in cleaning just half of the 2 rear quarter panel fender liners!!! This is crazy!!!

I didn't have any new foam applicator pads left to use for this product. I bought a foam used for seats in Michael's and I was going to use this as tire dressing applicators (HOT TIP LOL - Save money on tire dressing applicators). So I got a small piece and used this for the McKee’s 37 Plastic Trim Restorer.

Apply some McKee’s 37 Plastic Trim Restorer on to your foam applicator pad:

Then rub the product thoroughly onto the plastic trim's surface:

Here's a picture of the entire driver's front fender trim treated:

Here's a 50/50 shot of the driver's side rear quarter fender trim:

Here's another 50/50 shot of the passenger side rear quarter fender trim:

As you can see, it really restores old, faded and dull plastic trim and makes them look like new!!!

I'm going to update this thread on how durable it is and how long the restorer lasts. But keep in mind, we don't get much rain here in AZ.

Thoughts and Observations:

This product's consistency is very thin. It's like water. It's a clear liquid with the same color as motor oil.

Little goes a long way for this product. I think I over applied the product on the foam applicator pad because the trim was drenched. I tried leaving the product to dry but it didn't dry. Buffing off the excess is required (as stated in the directions).

There wasn't a strong smell to it. I didn't notice anything so it was good.

It restored the plastic trim to look like new.

Cost might seem high but you use so little product that a bottle will last forever.

Conclusion:

This product works as advertised - it restores plastic trim and makes them look like new! If this product lasts a long time as stated then we have another home run product from McKee's 37!

As always, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee’s 37 Plastic Trim Restorer

Great review, Marc!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Marc. How would you compare this to WG's trim sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

^Trim Restorer and WETS are very similar in consistently and application. I think McKees may darken a little more on some plastics, some they look identical side by side.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought this after reading this review.

This stuff is easy to work with and really does enhance even well-maintained trim!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Nice in depth review my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

marc, do you think that the McKee's 37 Wax Remover for Plastic works well enough to surgically clean the plastics before applying a trim coating?

Post Thanks / Like

How well does it bead/sheet water? Is it like UTTP or WETS in that regard?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    McKee’s 37 Plastic Trim Restorer

Description:

Renew your trim's factory finish with no streaking!

McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is an advanced polymer coating specifically designed to penetrate deep into your plastic trim痴 pores to restore and renew the original finish. McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer leaves behind a layer of protection that guards against harsh UV rays and everyday wear and tear. Whether you池e looking to restore your old and faded trim back to life or prevent your brand-new trim from future assault, McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is what you are looking for.

Trim pieces on your vehicle add an extra aesthetic value to the car's overall appearance - that is, if you care for it properly. Just like paint, repeated exposure to UV rays, road grime, and everyday wear and tear can take its toll on your plastic trim surfaces. What was once black and luminous is now gray, streaked, faded, and tired looking. And now, restoring your faded trim doesn't have to be difficult thanks to McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer!

Using a high-tech polymer coating system, McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer goes below the top layer of your trim to fully condition and renew the original appearance. McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is a non-greasy formula that will completely dry to the touch, leaving behind a water-resistant protective layer that will not streak or run when wet. Additionally, McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is easily wiped off of surrounding surfaces (such as glass and paint) without causing damage if accidental exposure occurs.

Is your trim brand new and already perfect? You can keep it that way with McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer! Prevent all of the downfalls listed above by simply protecting your plastic surfaces from the get-go! McKee's 37 Plastic Trim Restorer is a must for new cars - whether you have a ton of trim or not! Preventing a problem is always easier than trying to correct that problem later on.

Price:

$19.99 for 8oz

Review:

This review will be short and sweet.

This product works as advertised - it restores plastic trim and makes them look like new! If this product lasts a long time as stated then we have another home run product from McKee's 37!

As always, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    nice, im doimg mine this weekend its already stripped down and ready to go, i can't decide if i want to use this or the c4 trim restorer. im prob going to do a side by side on a piece of interior door trim to decide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Great review, Marc!!
    Thank you so much Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Very nice Marc. How would you compare this to WG's trim sealant?
    Thanks a lot Don! Haven't tried the WG trim sealant yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I bought this after reading this review.

This stuff is easy to work with and really does enhance even well-maintained trim!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Nice in depth review my friend!
    Thank you so much Kyle!!

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    marc, do you think that the McKee's 37 Wax Remover for Plastic works well enough to surgically clean the plastics before applying a trim coating?
    I think it cleaned the trim because I pulled out some dirt even after I washed the car. Definitely better than not doing it. If I didn't have this product, I'd use an IPA scrub down lol!

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    How well does it bead/sheet water? Is it like UTTP or WETS in that regard?
    I didn't test beading and sheeting. Doesn't rain much here either. Will update you on my next wash.

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    nice, im doimg mine this weekend its already stripped down and ready to go, i can't decide if i want to use this or the c4 trim restorer. im prob going to do a side by side on a piece of interior door trim to decide.
    Looking forward to seeing your results or comparison!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast