autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray

Disclaimer: Meghan sent me this product along with a few others to review. Thank you Meghan for sending it out to me.

Product: Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray

Product link: Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray

Price: $15.99

Quantity: 24 oz

Product description:

Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray is the perfect way to keep your vehicle shining in between routine washes. This wax-fortified formula is ideal for removing fingerprints, smudges, light dirt, dust, and other annoying airborne contaminants from paint, while leaving the surface shinier and better protected. Keep a bottle of Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray in you trunk at all times so that you can maintain the shine of a freshly washed car without the aid of a hose and bucket!

A freshly washed car is ideal. No fingerprints, no smudges, no bird droppings to ruin the shine. If you’re like most car care enthusiasts, you probably spend a significant amount of time performing routine maintenance washes, but to no avail—the smudges keep coming! Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray helps your keep paint looking clean when there’s no time for a full wash.

Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray is the perfect formula to keep on hand when you’re heading to the car for quick touch ups before judging. Use it on paint, clear coat, plastics, metal and glass (never use it on our windshield, though!)— this versatile formula can also be used as a drying aid! This body shop safe, silicone free formula is streak-free so you can be sure the surface will look clean with a deep glossy shine after every application. The anti-static formulation ensures that dirt and dust are not attracted to the surface so that you’ll keep that clean look longer! Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray helps you maintain that just-waxed shine mile after mile!

Upon receiving this in the package of goodies, I opened it up and was greeted with a nice scent. Smells sort of like mint. Not over powering.

The front of the bottle. The color of the liquid is a greenish color. States it is body shop safe, non-greasy, anti-static and long lasting shine. It also states that it is wax fortified. That sounds like it leaves something behind on the surface besides gloss and slickness.

The label on the rear of the bottle. Lists all of the surfaces it can be used on. The directions are straight forward. Nothing new here. It does state that it can be used as a drying aid. Also mentions if the product gets frozen. Don't have to worry about that as it doesn't get that cold here in sunny Southern California.

I chose to go with the drying aid method as well as using it on dry paint after a wash. My Pontiac Grand Prix is currently wearing opti-seal that is about 2 weeks old. By the way this is the first time you guys and gals get to see it after it was repainted in October of 2016. Has not even been polished or corrected. Boy does it need it. More on that at a later time. I went ahead and gave the car a rinseless wash with ONR.

As a drying aid it worked very well. It worked on every wet surface as I was drying the remaining ONR solution on the paint. No streaking occurred using it as a drying aid. Britemax Spray & Shine left the paint slick and glossy being used as a drying aid.

Once I finished drying the other half of the car, I went over it with Britemax Spray & Shine on the dry paint. Again the detail spray did not streak on any surface. It left the surface feeling slick and glossy.

It did flash to the point where it does not require a lot of buffing to a high shine.

Again I have the same comment as the Jay Leno Detail Spray. With the con being it is in the quick detailer market is saturated with a lot of great products. Meaning it will get lost in the mix of a lot of great products. Not to mention the countless waterless wash products that are available that can do the same thing.

Overall I would rate my experience using it on the positive side. It was straight forward to use. It smells good. It left the paint feeling slick as well as leaving the paint with a nice shine. No streaking on any surface. I even went liberal to see if it would streak and it did not. Seems like the anti-static feature was working as I did not notice the surface having a static feel to it. Very easy to use product. I would definitely recommend others to try it and give it a shot. I will definitely reach for it again and use it.

Final photos. Thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Britemax Spray & Shine Premium Detail Spray

nice review guz. i wonder how this compares to fk425 since they both have the anti-static properties..

Post Thanks / Like

Again, great review Mike! Your Grand Prix looks very slick and shiny!

Which do you prefer between the 2? Britemax or JLG?

I totally agree with you on the saturated "quick detail" market. And IMO, there's really no need for QD's nowadays because we have WW's available.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Mike. I have used the Britemaxx Detail Spray and I was pretty impressed with it. I would have to stay for anti-static properties I would I still reach for FK425.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    nice review guz. i wonder how this compares to fk425 since they both have the anti-static properties..
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Again, great review Mike! Your Grand Prix looks very slick and shiny!

Which do you prefer between the 2? Britemax or JLG?

I totally agree with you on the saturated "quick detail" market. And IMO, there's really no need for QD's nowadays because we have WW's available.
    Thanks. Between the two I would have to say they are pretty much the same. It would be a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Mike. I have used the Britemaxx Detail Spray and I was pretty impressed with it. I would have to stay for anti-static properties I would I still reach for FK425.
    Thanks. Good to know about FK425. Never used it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, thanks!

Not a fan of Britemax polishes, but, Britemax Grimeout is the best APC I've ever used. Spray n' Shine is also very good!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Nice review, thanks!

Not a fan of Britemax polishes, but, Britemax Grimeout is the best APC I've ever used. Spray n' Shine is also very good!
    Thanks. I was sent grimeout as well. Any tips or dilution ratios to try out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Thanks. I was sent grimeout as well. Any tips or dilution ratios to try out?
    I've always used the dilution ratios listed on the bottle. Works great on exterior and interior. Although, I use Britemax Interior Cleaner most of the time on the interior.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, thanks for taking the time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Great review, thanks for taking the time!
    Thanks Meghan. Thanks for sending this out to me. Great product to work with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast