autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner

Review: McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner
    McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner

Description:

When a spray on glass cleaner just won’t cut it!

McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner is a non-abrasive polish for interior windows that removes smoker’s film, vinyl and plastic fogging (generally on newer cars), and virtually anything else that conventional glass cleaner will not remove. Engineered to provide a deeper clean than a standard glass cleaner, McKee’s 27 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner works on a microscopic level to gently remove contaminants that cloud your glass.

While having clear and gloss paint LOOKS the best, having crystal clear glass may be the most important. Grimy, dirty windows hinder your visibility and can cause serious accidents for both yourself and others driving around you. That’s why having a top-notch glass cleaning routine is crucial and including McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner in that routine keeps you even safer.

McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner, while gentle and non-abrasive, effectively removes many of the most common forms of glass contaminants. Outgassing of your vinyl and plastic surfaces is a common occurrence in a newer vehicle and it leaves behind trace pollutants that can cloud your glass surface. Cigarette smoke leaves behind an oily film that standard glass cleaners simply cannot remove. McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner is an exception and will make quick work of removing the above contaminants.

For those times that you find yourself scrubbing on the interior side of your glass trying to remove greasy fingerprints, dog slobber, and any other stuck-on contaminant, McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner is the answer! It will gently polish those spots away for an all-over, crystal-clear glass surface.

Price:

$17.99 for 8oz

Review:

This review will be short and sweet.

Here's the description and directions of this product:

It has an extra sticker that says "shake well". I guess it requires a lot of agitation for the product's components to mix to ensure proper operation.

I was dreading doing this review because I know it will be such a pain to capture the film of dirt that builds up on the inside part of the glass. Hope I did OK LOL!

Here's a before short of the inside part of the windshield. This car's inside windshield hasn't been wiped down for a long time so it built up a film of "stuff". I guess this is a combination of dirt and the out-gassing of interior components.

Directions say to apply a quarter size amount of cleaner onto a microfiber applicator pad:

Rub in circular motions until a haze develops. Let me tell you, it's hard to polish the inside of the windshield given the awkward position you have to subject your body into.

Wait one minute to allow the product to haze before removing the glass cleaner. Then wipe it off with a microfiber towel:

Here's how to glass looked after cleaning it with the McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner. As you can see, it's crystal clear!

I left a small section of the windshield un-treated just to show you how gross the film inside your windshield is and the difference this product makes on your vision:

As you can see, there is a cloudy section on the passenger side (right) and the part on the left is clearer!

Thoughts and Observations:

This product's consistency is weird. When I was shaking the bottle before using it, it sounded like water but when it came out, it was on the thicker side as you saw in the picture above. I would say it's somewhat in the middle of water and polish. And as soon as I was rubbing it on the windshield, I would see water droplets separate. I'm sure this is the reason why the instructions say to shake well.

The smell is a very mild chemical smell - I can't pinpoint exactly what it smells like.

The product was very easy to apply and buff off. It left the glass EXTREMELY SLICK. It feels like I just applied sealant on the glass.

I intentionally hit some parts of my windshield's tint and I didn't see any harm done to the tint.

Only con I have is the price. It's a little pricey for an 8oz bottle.

Conclusion:

This product works as advertised - it makes your glass clean and crystal clear. It removes the film created by the out-gassing process of your interior components. If you find out that your typical glass cleaner isn't working effectively anymore, give this product a shot!

As always, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee’s 37 20/20 Cockpit Glass Cleaner

Great review Marc, it is always challenging trying to photograph and document the before and after difference on glass!

The fact that you showed a huge difference in photographs is a great sign of a effective product.

Thanks for taking the time.

I been using this on the inside and Glass Restorer on the outside and even the most taunting challenging dirty filmy glasses become crystal clear.

Sent from my C6743 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Very convincing review. I never would have considered it if I hadn't seen your photo showing the side by side difference. I'm very militant about having clean glass, so I might have to put this in with my next order.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. The photos speak for themselves. This stuff works very well. I was impressed with it. Worked better than glass cleaner to get the glass really clean. It actually removed that ugly film the Gyeon anti-fog left behind. That stuff was nightmare to take off and McKee's 20/20 took it right off unlike glass cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and ANOTHER got get product..
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review as always. With your permission, that last picture should be used as part of the products advertisement! I had the same experience as you with the product sounding very liquidy when shaking, but pouring out more like a lotion.While the price may seem a bit high for such a small bottle, I believe the amount of applications per bottle will justify the price.

Post Thanks / Like

I could probably apply it by machine on my Jeep windshield. I have a bottle. I may try machine application.

Post Thanks / Like

Fanfreakin tastic review buddy. I too am like Brett in that I HAVE to have clean glass in my rides. For me an issue that comes up is whenever I have a new windshield installed after some debris from our lovely Cali freeways cracks them. The new glass almost always has a film that isnt removed with glass cleaner. My usual remidy is vinegar/water and a magic every eraser, but that leaves the car smelling for a while. Will definitely be getting some of this soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad it can't be used on tinted windows or in the sun.
    Description seems to imply that it's useless for exterior glass, which seems odd.

Post Thanks / Like

As always Marc great review my friend!

Kyle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast