autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WolfGang Uber Cermamic Coating Review + Update

considering it's been 30* under the normal "average" for this time of year, I cannot rush to test your suggestions.
    For the sake of this thread, I will test the middle of the doors and down, plus, a "sheeting" test after an IPA wipe down.

While this product is expensive, I purchased it while on sale. I do not argue that there aren't less expensive options.

With that said, I performed an interior detail + exterior wash on a 2017 Raptor with 7k miles this summer and the water did not sheet off because it was new.
    The truck lives on a job site ( owner operates an earth mover ).
    Gav Details on YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/c/GavDetails

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! I'm glad for mild winters! We might have one or two snow or ice storms at the most. I hate to see such a beautiful truck get dirty like that,but they're made to drive. You are doing well by it by using good products on it!

There was a truck that same color at a dealership near here. Boy,I had to counsel myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Ugh! I'm glad for mild winters! We might have one or two snow or ice storms at the most. I hate to see such a beautiful truck get dirty like that,but they're made to drive. You are doing well by it by using good products on it!

There was a truck that same color at a dealership near here. Boy,I had to counsel myself!
    Yeah, only a couple minor accumulations of snow but around here they dump salt like its going out of style.

I looked for this exact truck for months.... very happy with every aspect of it, especially the color !
    Gav Details on YouTube:

Post Thanks / Like

It was around 40* this past weekend, so I wash able to wash the truck.
    Normally the truck would be washed with CarPro Reset but for sake of answering the "big question" on how the coating is holding up I used Chemical Guys Gloss workz.

A member on a local forum was selling 3 new 16oz bottles of car wash and a TORQ foam cannon for about a 1/3 of the retail price.
    I used the CG Gloss workz in the foam cannon to presoak and then used 1.5 oz in a 5 gallon bucket ( 2 bucket method ).

I would conclude there is more "sheeting" and beading after CarPro reset than with the CG soap.
    Is the coating still protecting the paint ? I would say yes. Does it exhibit the hydrophobic properties as it did when new, no.

I'm okay with doing weekly "maintenance" washes with a product like RESET because the price point is similar to other "premium" car washes/shampoos/soaps etc.

Gav Details on YouTube:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567