autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel

This will be a review of the P21S wheel cleaner gel.

Review - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel-img_5774-jpg

The P21S wheel cleaner arrived in this box. The box appears to be very professional and well designed.

Review - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel-img_5777-2-jpg

Product instructions/recommended use:

REGULAR FORMULA – 1. Insure wheels are cool, if not, coolwith water. 2. Spray fine mist over entire wheel and tires if desired. Nowaiting is required. 3. Rinse with sharp jet of water from hose turned on full.(Use sponge as necessary for heavily soiled wheels.) IMPORTANT! Rinse verythoroughly, especially in crevices, lug holes, etc, until surface feels squeakyto the touch.
    GEL FORMULA – 1. Shake before using. 2. Observe all of theabove steps, except: For extremely soiled wheels, allow gel to stand for up totwo hours. Note: Do not allow gel to stand while car is parked in hot sunlight;move to shade or garage.
    I used this wheel cleaner on a daily driver that sees anywhere from 250-350 miles per week. This vehicle had been previously washed 3 weeks prior.

Review - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel-dirty4-jpg

As you can see, this wheel had a fair amount of brake dust on it. After exanimating the wheel, I decided to spray on the P21S wheel gel and let it sit for 5 minutes. As the product states that this can be a spray on and wash of cleaner, I decided it would be best If I let the cleaner gel sit and dwell on the surface.

Review - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel-clean-jpg

The cleaner did a exceptional job and cleaning the wheel without ANY agitating or scrubbing at all. The gel removed around 80-85% of brake dust and dirt.

Review - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel-dirty2-jpg

Additional view of wheel before treated with P21S wheel gel.

Review - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel-clean2-jpg

The wheel gel had a harder time cleaning the cracks and crevices, but I would still say that it performed very well.

Review - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel-clean3-jpg

Overall, I would say that this is a very effective wheel cleaner. The wheel gel did as advertised and removed most of the brake dust and grime. I was very curious if this cleaner had the power to bust through the grime without agitation, and it sure did everything to prove me wrong!

I also used this product on my personal daily driver, which gets thoroughly washed weekly. The wheel gel had no problem removing all of the brake dust off my wheel. No agitation required.

The manufacturer recommends for "heavily soiled wheels" to let the wheel gel sit for a longer period of time (up to two hours) to allow the gel to break down the contamination. they also included a soft sponge to be used to scrub the wheels, but I personally would not feel comfortable using the sponge on dirty wheels as I feel that sponge would not be able to filter heavy contamination or reach hard to clean areas of the wheel.

Overall, I would recommend this product to other people. It has very good cleaning qualities and in conjunction with a couple wheel brushes to clean the cracks and crevices, this wheel gel can be a workhorse!

Thank you, Meghan @ Auto geek for letting me review this product!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel

Thanks for your presentation.

One of my favorite characteristics of the
    P21S Wheel Cleaners is their guarantee
    of not causing any damage to any type
    of wheel.

{Their S100 cousins are notable in that
    regard as well. }

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Great review coopermosley!

Man feels like ages since I last heard of this wheel cleaner. But it's definitely a great wheel cleaner.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Thanks for your presentation.

One of my favorite characteristics of the
    P21S Wheel Cleaners is their guarantee
    of not causing any damage to any type
    of wheel.

Bob
    actually, when I tried this wheel cleaner on my truck, it kind of stained the plastic center cap. I have off road wheels on my truck. I let the wheel cleaner sit on there for thirty minutes. Probably shouldn't have left it that long.. I would consider it a user error though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coopermosley View Post
    actually, when I tried this wheel cleaner on my truck, it kind of stained the plastic center cap. I have off road wheels on my truck. I let the wheel cleaner sit on there for thirty minutes. Probably shouldn't have left it that long.. I would consider it a user error though.
    I remember the directions saying you can leave the wheel cleaner for hours. Did this change now?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I remember the directions saying you can leave the wheel cleaner for hours. Did this change now?
    They still say you can leave for hours, but they don't say anything about their cleaner on plastic pieces on the wheel or anything. That would maybe be my only concern.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Review! P21 is my go to wheel cleaner for well maintained wheels. The fact it can be sprayed on and allowed to dwell for hours (not recommended) makes it idiot proof.
    Don't get me wrong still I pull out Sonax or Wolfgang for heavily dusted wheels, it's just nice to have a mild cleaner for weekly clean up.