autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How To Guide/Review: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating | Spray and Rinse Nano Coating

Product Description

McKee's 37 Hydro Blue is a spray on, rinse off nano-coating that blankets your vehicle in an extremely high-gloss shell of protection that can withstand any climate. Microscopic glass particles fill in the pits, pores and valleys on every exterior surface of your vehicle, (paint, glass, wheels, plastic trim) to create a perfectly smooth, water-fearing surface. No rubbing or buffing is required with this product - simlpy spray onto your wet vehicle immediately after you wash it, then rinse it off! Use in place of a conventional car wax, or as a booster to McKee's 37 paint, wheel, and glass coatings, Creates an extremely hydrophobic surface that keeps your vehicle cleaner between washes.

Directions: "Hydro Blue works best on a vehicle that is well maintained meaning it was recently clayed, and polished. the smoother the surface, the longer hydro blue will last. working one panel at a time on a vehicle that was just washed and rinsed (but not dried!) spray Hydro Blue directly onto the panel and immediately rinse off using a STRONG jet of water."

Before you start to wash the car, Decide if it needs to be decontaminated with a clay bar/clay substitute. In order for Hydro Blue to work its absolute best it needs to bond directly to the paint. Embedded surface contaminants will interfere with that bond. If the car does need to be clayed, an efficient way to to apply Hydro Blue to a contaminated car is Wash car thoroughly. rinse off, and while your vehicle is still wet. You can use clay lube or your soap solution to decontaminate. After the car is smooth it is ready to accept hydro blue.

Before we apply Hydro Blue lets do a test to see how the paint reacted before application.

The hydrophobic properties are non-existent as puddles of water linger on the paint

I spelled the word "Flat" on the paint.

Here is the driver door, The entire car has the same flat behavior when it comes into contact with water.

You are going to MIST one panel at a time. Not alot of product is needed, Less is more.
    Application TIp: Do not just mist directly onto one area, When you mist do a sweeping motion to cover the panel with less product! I misted 2-3 sprays on this panel.

Now it is time to rinse with a STONG STREAM OF WATER . you will notice some white water when rinsing off, This is the water activating hydro blue!

You will INSTANTLY notice the hydrophobic water behavior as soon as you rinse off.

The water beading is very aggressive.

It only took about 8-12 Mists to do the entire side of the vehicle.

Old water behavior

After a few sprays of Hydro Blue and a rinse, Look at the nice glossy protection it leaves behind. Notice the other half of the hood still has puddles of water that linger.

50/50 shot of one side treated with Hydro Blue.

Lets fix the other half of that door!

Rinse.

Much Better!

After drying Hydro Blue makes your paint feel really slick and smooth.

Water Beading

Lets take a look at some closer water beading shots

Wheels

Hydro Blue is a excellent way to maintain your wheels, The application process is just as simple as simple as spraying on and rinse off.

Before Hydro Blue.

Notice the water puddles in the barrel of the wheels.(Before)

Mist on, (Make sure you get inside the barrels as well)

Rinse off.

Notice all the beads. (after)

No more puddles, the barrels are protected. This is going to make the next cleaning much easier.

More beads.

Drying

Hydro Blue does not just give you great protection, It also makes it very easy to dry your car.

With a few passes all the water was gone, revealing a glossy, slick finish.

After Shots

Hydro Blue is really fun to use, To see the water behavior change before your eyes is really exciting. Hydro Blue really does provide a nice candy gloss that is super slick to the touch and makes drying the vehicle a dream. It is great to maintain your current existing McKee's 37 Paint, Wheel, Or glass coating.

As you seen from the before pictures this car had no wax/sealant at all, To go from water puddles to a water repel magnet in the matter of a spritz and rinse is awesome.

2. Likes D.BRITT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Guide/Review: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating | Spray and Rinse Nano Coating

Dang... Amazing review as always Joe!!!

This product will definitely be one of my favorites. I loved hydro2 the moment I tried it. Can't wait to use this product.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Guide/Review: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating | Spray and Rinse Nano Coating

Great review! I can't wait to pick up a bottle of Hydro Blue!!

Q: Do you need to be at all careful when spraying such a product near brakes? I've always been concerned my rotors becoming temporarily slick from over spray after such an application.

Post Thanks / Like

How many cars can you cover with one 16oz bottle?

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, I've got this product on order along with some of the other new stuff. I'm assuming you've used CarPro Hydro 2 and Hydro 2 Lite. If so which product would you say this one is closer too as far as application process? I've used Lite and really like it and have never had any problems. I've read about some issues people have had with Hydro 2 applications.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    How many cars can you cover with one 16oz bottle?

Tom

How far can you get on a gallon of gas???

Average (from the other spray coatings, no reason to think this is different) use is about 4oz a vehicle.........

Post Thanks / Like

I'm impressed. Can't wait to try it out myself.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Dang... Amazing review as always Joe!!!

This product will definitely be one of my favorites. I loved hydro2 the moment I tried it. Can't wait to use this product.
    Thank you Marc!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

How To Guide/Review: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating | Spray and Rinse Nan...

Great review Joe. Can't wait to get a bottle and compare to Car Pro Hydro
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Nick has been hard at work over there, WOW! I wonder if the name has anything to do with Nick's car, LOL!

I may have to get some of this at some point and use it for wheel protection, would make for a great test vs. Sonax wheel shield, hmmmm
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast