autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Guide/Review: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating | Spray and Rinse Nano Coating

Nice shot!

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Guide/Review: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating | Spray and Rinse Nano Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Moore View Post
    Nice shot!
    Thanks Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Would this product be considered a true "coating?"

Tom
    Don't think it would last nearly as long as your traditional coatings.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I just used Hydro Blue last night. Damn, that was easy.

I washed the car with McKees soap, rinsed, applied Hydro Blue (used too much), rinsed, quickly dried it with a waffle weave, then put the car away since it was dark. This morning I was greeted by a smooth/slick finish and great shine. I am really surprised something so easy can work so well. I must be missing something...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    (The chemistry major in me wishes the label stated "SiO2" instead of "Sio2" )
    The Chemistry minor in me wishes your comment stated "SiO2" instead of "SiO2".

I just applied McKee's coatings to paint, glass and wheels today; Will definitely add Hydro Blue to my wishlist for periodic maintenance of the coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the wife's car and as stated very was to use. Now waiting for kevinwelch and his reviews and his findings on spray coatings...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this product would be worthwhile for non-enthusiasts. Of course it won't last very long if sprayed over an unclayed and unpolished surface, but I'm curious if it would do any better or worse than a typical wax or sealant applied to the same mediocre surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pmitchell08 View Post
    I wonder if this product would be worthwhile for non-enthusiasts. Of course it won't last very long if sprayed over an unclayed and unpolished surface, but I'm curious if it would do any better or worse than a typical wax or sealant applied to the same mediocre surface.
    No matter what product you use, if you start with a mediocre surface you expect mediocre results.

McKees actually has a kit with a clay bar, iron remover, wash and si02 blue. Claying doesn't take too long and if your not worried about swirls etc this would be an awesome place to start. If you decontaminated the paint that would really help the longevity of any protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Still streaks but very little compared to the others.The streaking .If it streaks they wipe away with ease.Great product and user friendly.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    No matter what product you use, if you start with a mediocre surface you expect mediocre results.
    Agreed, I expect most of us who prep properly will also use a wax, sealant, or regular coating rather than a "protect as you dry" spray. That's why I wonder if this would be a good product to recommend to people whose finish will otherwise get no more than a cheap wax once or twice a year. I might use a spray like this for coating maintenance, but it would never be the only protection over my clearcoat.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast