autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Forum Favorite Kit-Pinnacle Souveran and Crystal Mist

Full disclosure: This kit was sent to me for free from a Facebook giveaway in return for an unbiased review.

Forum Favorite kit description:

Take your paint to the limits of dazzling depth!

The Forum Favorite Kit starts with a firm foundation of Klasse All In One and High Gloss Sealant Glaze. Then start layering on the shine with multiple coats of Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax. The finish is incredible!

We have listened to our customers and created this kit, truly the ultimate in shimmering "wet-look" depth.

We received a letter one day from a good customer here in Florida. He wrote: "I love Klasse All-In-One. I love it with the High Gloss Protective Sealant over it (for added depth and longevity). I also love Pinnacle Souverän™ Wax. The richness and 3-dimensional appearance that is achieved with Souverän™'s high quality pure carnauba wax is unsurpassed. I wondered what would happen if I put a final application of Souverän™ over the All-In-One and High Gloss Sealant. I tried it. Well, I have got to tell you...the results took my breath away!"

And thus started, what is now referred to, in the car care forums, as "The Pinnacle of Perfection". We tried it here at AutoGeek, on our own vehicles, and we all agree - hats off to the garage chemist that discovered this combination!

For this review I will focus on the Souveran and Crystal Mist. I will post my thoughts on the Klasse products at a later date

Here is the product description for Pinnacle Souveran:

Souverän™ is The Wax for Perfectionists!

Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax is the wax for perfectionists, so named for it's dazzling, 3-dimensional depth and unmatched brilliance. Formulated with premium grade carnauba, nature's finest wax, Souverän™ is designed to exceed the standards of the most discriminating enthusiast and collector. In fact, this wax is responsible for the dramatic shines on winning show cars at major concours events, time and time again. Today, Souverän™ still reigns as the ultimate show car wax.

Each 8 oz. jar contains approximately 30 applications, each packed with genuine carnauba wax. A single jar will give your vehicle years of incredible shine and protection. Pinnacle Souverän™ Wax is the most cost effective car wax on the market!

We've created this wax for perfectionists like you. Pinnacle Souverän™ Wax produces a shine that is more than just bright. Our finest car wax is bursting with a special blend of Brazilian Ivory Carnauba and natural oils to give the paint tremendous depth and richness. It creates a liquid and 3-dimensional appearance on the paint. Souverän™ Wax enhances all colors but is stunning on dark colored cars. Reds radiate energy. Blacks take on the shimmer of an infinitely deep pool.

The prime ingredient in Pinnacle Souverän™ Wax is Brazilian Ivory Carnauba. Carnauba wax is world-renown for its crystal clarity, its protective properties and its uncanny shimmer. The wax is produced by a specific tree that grows in the hot, wet valleys of Northern Brazil. The leaves secrete the wax in order to protect themselves from the tropical sun and to shed rainwater, which falls to the tree's roots. Carnauba wax has the distinction of being the hardest natural wax and it has the highest melting point of any natural wax.

No other natural wax is as sought after as No. 1 yellow carnauba wax, deemed the purest and highest quality by Brazil's government inspectors. No. 1 yellow carnauba wax is the only wax found in Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Car Wax.

We took the highest grade yellow carnauba wax available and refined it once more to make an ivory- colored wax of unbelievable clarity and purity. Even in its natural state, carnauba provides excellent UV protection, is heat resistant, and yet is breathable to allow the leaves from which it came to receive oxygen. Pinnacle's ivory carnauba retains all those characteristics but allows for a perfectly clear, rich finish when applied to automotive paint.
    Key Features :
    • Butter-like consistency applies easily
    • Incredible depth and mirror-like shine
    • Can be layered
    • Haze and streak resistant
    • No chalky haze, wipes off wet
    • Lasts up to 90 days
    • The finest wax available for dark paint finishes
    We've added natural oils to the carnauba in order to "wet" the paint. This combination of ingredients is what gives Souverän™ Wax its distinctive, wet-looking shine. Particularly on dark-colored vehicles, this wax creates a deep, fluid finish that comes to life under changing light.
    Pinnacle Souverän™'s buttery texture enables it to be wiped off easily with any towel, but you'll find it absolutely effortless with the Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, included with our compliments. The Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel has a luxurious 70/30 blend of baby soft polyester and polyamide fibers woven into a plush cloth. With no looped hems, the edges of the cloth are as soft as its middle. This premium cloth has excellent "grip" to polish away Pinnacle Souverän™ wax and uncover a breathtaking shine. This 16 x 16 inch microfiber cloth will become an instant favorite.

Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Wax is terrific in climates of high heat and humidity. It wipes on effortlessly and resists hazing and streaking.

Every car comes out perfect. It's a detailer's dream come true.

I tested this on my personal car, a 2004 Acura TSX. It had a few coats of wax on it already, and I think the top layer at the time of application of Souveran was PB Blackhole and PB Natty's blue paste. The car was power washed at a coin-op, washed with Uber RW and dried with the aid of Uber RW detail spray.

I applied the wax using the included poly
    for applicator and was immediately taken aback after applying to the first panel. This wax spreads SOOOOOO easily! I'm used to Natty's paste waxes, which are fairly user-friendly, but this wax was a whole new level! It spreads very smoothly, and very far with only a little bit of wax on the pad!

I continued to apply a thin layer all around the car, and then buffed off without waiting. The label actually says to apply and remove one section at a time, but I wanted to see if it was harder to remove after sitting for a few minutes or not. The answer was a whopping 'NO' as the first panel removed as easily and quickly as the last upon comparison.

Now, the most amazing part of this wax:

THE SHINE!!!!!

I was doubtful(but hopeful)that this $100 wax could really be that much better than my $25 pots of Natty's blue and red.

I was wrong.

This wax really does provide an unparalleled shine, glow, and wetness! I was shocked at how good my car looked after this!

The next day someone actually thought that my car was brand new

I highly recommend this wax to anyone who can afford to get a pot, it is provides truly amazing results.

The only downside is that it lasted about 2 weeks. After one week I noticed it wasn't quite as amazing-looking and gave it an Uber RW and a top up with Souveran spray wax, but after two weeks there were no signs of Souveran left.

Pinnacle Crystal Mist description:

You'll agree, this is the Ultimate High Gloss Detail Spray!

Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray is formulated with restructured gloss-enhancing crystalline polymers, nourishing oils, and real Brazilian carnauba wax to provide your vehicle with an instant burst of shine and slickness. Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray is the next generation of quick detailers.

Pinnacle Crystal Mist meets all VOC standards in all 50 states. But, absolutely nothing was sacrificed in the remaking of Crystal Mist. The real carnauba wax, the crystalline polymers and the natural oils have been reconfigured and maximized to create the ultimate high gloss detail spray.

The crisp reflections and deep, wet shine of a fresh coat of wax are soon covered by a light layer of dust, dirt, and pollen. Crystal Mist lubricates the paint surface to remove light contamination such as this, without scratching or marring the finish. Paint will appear clean, vibrant and brilliantly glossy.

The oils in Crystal Mist do more than lubricate dirt; they also enrich automotive paint. The paint, including clear coat, is actually a porous surface that can dry out or be hydrated with oils. Crystal Mist is packed with compatible oils that improve paint’s texture and appearance for an overall healthier, more youthful-looking paint finish.

Natural carnauba wax gives Crystal Mist its distinctive, wet-looking shine. Carnauba, combined with crystalline polymers, creates sharp reflections and silky paint. This state-of-the-art carnauba-polymer matrix also enables Crystal Mist to bond to the existing wax for an instant but long-lasting gloss. Particularly on top of Souverän™ Paste Wax, Crystal Mist reactivates the existing wax so you’re not just seeing a surface gloss – you’re seeing the depth and dimension of multiple layers of carnauba.

Key Features:
    • Meets VOC guidelines
    • Can be layered over carnauba waxes & paint sealants
    • Dries crystal clear with deep gloss
    • Extends the shine of existing wax

Pinnacle’s research into crystalline polymers has yielded polymers that refract light similarly to cut crystal. Because of these multi-faceted polymers, Crystal Mist makes light dance over the curves of a vehicle. Black and red vehicles will have a particularly dramatic effect with the paint bathed in brilliant light and glossy reflections.

The proprietary blend of ingredients in Pinnacle Crystal Mist has been reformulated to meet all VOC requirements for a quick detail spray. This reformulation created an exceedingly surface-safe product that dazzles on any type of paint.

Crystal Mist has oxygen-activated polymers that bond to the paint as they are exposed to air. Ten minutes after applying Crystal Mist, the paint feels even slicker and looks wetter because the polymers have reacted with oxygen. If you are applying Crystal Mist on top of Souverän™, you’ll see exceptional results after the polymers react and bond to the existing carnauba wax.

Pinnacle Crystal Mist is compatible with all waxes and synthetic sealants. The natural oils and carnauba allow Crystal Mist to perform well in hot, humid climates. For the best results, always use a plush microfiber towel.

Renew the just-waxed shimmer with Pinnacle Crystal Mist. This advanced formulation cleans and shines with an ultra-safe, ultra-shiny combination of ingredients that you won’t find in any other quick detail spray.

Now for my thoughts on Crystal Mist:

I used this for touch ups after applying Souveran(paste and spray versions)and really love this detail spray! Great smell(blueberry??), applies easy, removes easy, very lubricious, and leaves a nice, shiny, slick finish!

It is rather pricey at $30 a bottle, but it is a very premium product that pairs well with a Souveran wax

I really love both of these products, and will use them very sparingly since they are so expensive.

To anyone who is considering trying these products, you will LOVE them, they really are all they are hyped ups to be!

Thanks for reading!
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Forum Favorite Kit-Pinnacle Souveran and Crystal Mist

Nice review! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Souveran is just so pleasant to apply to a car. Its so smooth and buttery, and smells so good. The shine amplifies after a day as well, not sure if you noticed that. Its not the longest lasting wax, but when it comes to gloss and pleasure of application, its hard to beat.

And Crystal Mist is just as luxurious. I feel like I am giving my car a nice run down with a quality lotion when I spray it on. I havent found a detail spray that works like this. Its not inexpensive, but for a show car, its awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Mist and Souveran Spray Wax are all I use on my Nova before car shows. Super easy to use and it makes the paint "pop". Plus you can't beat the smell of Souveran Spray Wax. Such a pleasure to work with.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Nice review! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Souveran is just so pleasant to apply to a car. Its so smooth and buttery, and smells so good. The shine amplifies after a day as well, not sure if you noticed that. Its not the longest lasting wax, but when it comes to gloss and pleasure of application, its hard to beat.

And Crystal Mist is just as luxurious. I feel like I am giving my car a nice run down with a quality lotion when I spray it on. I havent found a detail spray that works like this. Its not inexpensive, but for a show car, its awesome.
    Couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Crystal Mist and Souveran Spray Wax are all I use on my Nova before car shows. Super easy to use and it makes the paint "pop". Plus you can't beat the smell of Souveran Spray Wax. Such a pleasure to work with.

Souveran spray wax didn't impress me quite as much, but definitely still a good product. My personal favorite spray wax is still Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray Wax
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review