autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: AMMEX Gloveworks HD Orange Nitrile Powder Free Industrial Gloves

An interesting question someone asked over on Autopia about the gloves is "Do they have an EXP date like medical use gloves?/ what is the gloves usable life". After a quick scan of the box, here is what I saw:

Since these gloves aren`t sterile or for medical use, they don`t have an EXP date. As far as usable life, like most of our detailing supplies - as long as you keep them stored in a climate controlled environment they should last a good long time.

Mike Phillips

Nice review....

Just to comment... first these are all I wear because they're tough. Besides detailing I work on my old Chevy truck and while I'm not scared to get a little sludge on my hand, wearing the gloves does keep me from having to wash off embedded black sludge out of the pores of my skin on my hands.

As for detailing, I like to share a quote from Renny Doyle,

"If it's on your skin it's in you"

That's a great quote because it's true. While many of the chemicals we use are safe, some are not and even repeated contact with safe chemicals can take it's toll on your skin. So wear gloves and if you hate it when the thin black nitrile gloves tear even when you put them on, let alone when you try to work, then go for the orange. You won't be disappointed.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review Angus excellent tip from Ducksfan. What do you use for lung protection?
    KWOLDIE

Post Thanks / Like

Angus,

We see a lot of reviews on products that go on cars or boats but this was a delight to see a review on a product that is for personal/safety use, thanks for the great review.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Nice review....

Just to comment... first these are all I wear because they're tough. Besides detailing I work on my old Chevy truck and while I'm not scared to get a little sludge on my hand, wearing the gloves does keep me from having to wash off embedded black sludge out of the pores of my skin on my hands.

As for detailing, I like to share a quote from Renny Doyle,

"If it's on your skin it's in you"

That's a great quote because it's true. While many of the chemicals we use are safe, some are not and even repeated contact with safe chemicals can take it's toll on your skin. So wear gloves and if you hate it when the thin black nitrile gloves tear even when you put them on, let alone when you try to work, then go for the orange. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks, Mike! What a great quote. And very true.

Quote Originally Posted by KWOLDIE View Post
    Great review Angus excellent tip from Ducksfan. What do you use for lung protection?
    KWOLDIE
    Thank you, KWOLDIE! For lung protection I use a 3M paint protection respirator. Makes a huge difference when working with detailing chemicals and basic household projects like painting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Angus,We see a lot of reviews on products that go on cars or boats but this was a delight to see a review on a product that is for personal/safety use, thanks for the great review.
    Thank you for the kind words, Sir! Glad you liked my review. I enjoy writing up review on all things detailing related, and these gloves are too good not talk about.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you use the touchscreen on a smartphone while wearing these gloves?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, tou can use your touch screen with them on, I don't use the finger print feature though.

Great gloves, I picked some up after this review!

Indescribable? No, but I try to pick and dig at things using my nails with them on though. If I'd keep them cut and stop picking they'd do much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Can you use the touchscreen on a smartphone while wearing these gloves?
    Yup! As Mantilgh stated you can use a touch screen device w/o issue wearing these gloves

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Great gloves, I picked some up after this review!
    Awesome! Happy to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Indescribable? No, but I try to pick and dig at things using my nails...
    Be honest - is your real name Wolverine???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    What else makes these gloves great? Diamonds. Each glove has over 3,000 raised diamond bumps to help enhance your grip by providing 60% more surface (vs normal gloves) contact.

Inside the gloves, the diamonds also play another role: keeping air circulating so your hands stay drier and easier to remove.
    Great write up! Thank you for highlighting these. I never look for gloves because I always have blue nitrile gloves on hand. But, what girl doesn't love DIAMONDS?

I like the dual role the diamonds play here, and will have to try these out...
    1994 300ZX 2+2 MT, sole owner, 239K mi
    2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD
    2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast