autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Mckee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash | On My Jeep That I Have Not Washed In Over A Month!

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Joe-
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to all the questions! It's clear there's a lot of interest in this product, and we all greatly value your opinion with your experience. .

Reason I asked about the state of your LSP is we're in the middle of winter here in MN, and both cars are in tough shape. My wife's Q5 I was able to at least do a decon wash, clay, and a coat of Griots Liquid Gloss Poly Wax (no polishing prior), but my car just got a quick clay mitt and Opti Sealed. I'm new to rinseless washing, and have been reluctant to go after mine for fear of inflicting damage given what I feel is a less than optimal base. My current RW stock is ONR W+S, ONR WW, and Wolfgang Uber.

It sounds like from your description that you get more of a lubricated feel and stronger cleaning power akin to traditional bucket washing compared to other rinseless washes? Obviously user discretion is required as you can mess up anything without proper care.

To add to Legume's post- my normal use temperature is in the 30-40° range in the winter.
    Correct, 914 has a really nice thick lubricated like consistency. It is unique.

It does have the best cleansing power out of any rinseless I have ever tried.

With winter washing this would be a ideal product do to the cleaning power and high lubricity. For extra pre caution you can use the Gary dean method with multiple towels to ensure safety. If your cars get that bad.

My jeep was really bad. And 914 lived up to the challenge.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Mckee's 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash | On My Jeep That I Have Not Washed In Over A Month!

When the video review Joe? They are very educational

Post Thanks / Like

Never have really used a no rinse product for winter as I fear scratching. So you just dunked the mitt in, wiped the pannel and then let it loosen dirt and then wiped dry?
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

my problem is by the time you wash a car that way,trim, tires, paint, glass, hood, ect,, its faster to just wash it the regular way and you get a better job because rinseless doesn't get the wheel wells. unless you dont have access to water i dont see the point?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdez View Post
    When the video review Joe? They are very educational
    Plan on making more videos soon, my life has been very busy and hectic lately. Expect it soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    my problem is by the time you wash a car that way,trim, tires, paint, glass, hood, ect,, its faster to just wash it the regular way and you get a better job because rinseless doesn't get the wheel wells. unless you dont have access to water i dont see the point?
    There are many benefits to doing a rinseless wash, however it is not going to be for everybody. "Different strokes for different folks" As a pro detailer, When i get called on a mobile job, and if i do have access to water or no access, and im if working in direct sunlight, I choose to do a rinseless wash.

Rinseless wash is less stressful working in the sun, I can do one panel at a time and not have to worry about water marks. In most cases it is actually faster. and easier to dry as well.

and for the mobile detailer's that say they use "deionized water" and have no problem with water marks in direct sunlight. Using deionized water will help, it does not make you 100% water spot proof.

Working in a shaded area, on a cool day, in a bay, Yes i will prefer to use a foam cannon and 2 bucket method. Put me in direct sunlight in florida on a 90 degree day with a black car. I will pick the rinseless wash 10 times out of 10.

Also doing this in direct sunlight makes the detailer rush to get the water/soap off so it does not evaporate due to the sun. making the detailer rush, missing spots. and being more wreckless. With a rinseless I can do 1 panel at a time ensure all the dirt is gone.

So hose access or no hose access, there will always be a option for rinseless options, as doing mobile calls you get into some pretty sticky/not ideal detailing situations.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345