autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review & How-To: Spruce Up Your Interior With McKee's 37 Interior Products

Review & How-To: Spruce Up Your Interior With McKee's 37 Interior Products

For this review and how-to article, I'm going to be reviewing the following products:

McKee’s 37 FAST Interior Detailer
    McKee’s 37 All In One Leather Lotion

Price:

Fast Interior Detailer:
    $14.99 for 16oz
    $47.99 for 128oz

All In One Leather Lotion:
    $19.99 for 16oz
    $59.99 for 128oz

Introduction:

Don't you hate detailing the interior of your car, or any car for that matter? I myself enjoy detailing the exterior of the car and making the paint look extremely glossy. But I dread it whenever I have to detail the interior especially leather conditioning. It just takes so much time and I don't really see the fruits of my labor when standing outside and admiring your car. In addition, it take a lot of time and work if the interior has been neglected.

I'm going to try and provide a review and how-to article on how to clean your interior the fast and easy way with these amazing McKee's 37 interior products!

Here are the description and directions of each product just in case you're interested:

My interior isn't really bad to begin with. But for the sake of this review, I didn't clean my interior for about 2 months. In addition I was wiping my leather seats with disinfectant wipes about often with the hopes of trying to dry the leather for this review. These were only done on the first vehicle. Second vehicle is a garage queen.

Here's the initial condition of the dash board:

As you can see above, the dash board is covered with a layer of dust. In reality, this isn't so bad but for us geek's, it's pretty bad LOL!

There are two techniques that you can use in applying the fast interior detailer. First, you can spray the interior detailer directly on the surface you want to wipe off. Second, you can spray the interior detailer on a microfiber towel and then wipe off the surface. There's really nothing wrong with either one but I prefer the second method because it prevents overspray from flying all over your interior. Here's a shot of me spraying the McKee's Fast Interior Detailer on a microfiber towel.

Wipe off your interior surfaces:

Here's a 50/50 shot showing the dust is gone and the interior detailer leaving the surface matte and natural looking:

After:

Here's the steering wheel and instrument cluster area covered in dust:

Wipe it off with the McKee's 37 Fast Interior Detailer:

After:

You can also use this to wipe off your steering wheel. You'd be surprise how much dirt and grime comes off the steering wheel. Give it a try.

Mine pulled a little bit of dirt but it's not so bad since I recently cleaned it about 2 months ago.

Wiping off stereo screens. This product works very well on navigation and touch screens. Unfortunately, none of my cars have this.

Very dirty rear view mirror:

Now clean!

Now let's move to leather. You don't have to worry about this step if your car is equipped with cloth seats.

I absolutely hate cleaning and conditioning leather. It takes so much time to clean and condition it and you have to do it every so often. I normally just get the Meguiar's OTC leather products and call it good.

Since this McKee's 37 All In One Leather Lotion is an "All In One", it's preferred to apply it using a microfiber applicator or a microfiber towel. I elected to use a microfiber applicator pad. Apply some product on the microfiber applicator pad:

Rub the microfiber pad on your leather seats (or any other leather surface you want cleaned/conditioned). If you want to clean your leather seats then you have to apply more pressure than you normally would.

Here you can see the 50/50 difference:

Here's the entire driver seat treated with the McKee's 37 AIO Leather Lotion:

Passenger seat 50/50 difference. Notice the creases on the leather towards the right - front of the passenger seat:

After on the passenger seat. The creases are now gone!

Here's the entire interior done! Don't forget to vacuum it as well!

Let's repeat the entire process on a different car!

Here are some soiled areas:

Spray the McKee's 37 Fast Interior Detailer on a microfiber towel:

Wipe off interior surfaces:

Here are some after shots of the areas shown above:

Wipe down the dash board:

This product can also be used to lightly clean leather seats (great to do in between conditioning):

Now let's move to the leather. Apply some product on the microfiber applicator pad:

Wipe/scrub the leather surface with the microfiber applicator pad:

Here's a picture of the seat treated with the McKee's 37 AIO Leather Lotion.

I wish I was able to take a before picture but the leather lotion was able to reduce the "butt imprint" by making the leather more taut. What I also like about it is that the shiny-ness tones down after a few minutes. Her'es the same seat after about 10-15 minutes if I remember correctly:

Nice and perfect. I don't like very shiny leather where you slide around. The surface turns to a matte finish and isn't slippery at all.

You can use this product on leather steering wheels as well:

Here's the entire interior done! Again, don't forget to vacuum it as well!

Opinions and Observations:

Fast Interior Detailer:
    This is a great interior product. It cleans the surface effectively and leaves behind a matte/natural finish. It has a very pleasant smell (can't pinpoint exactly what it is). This product reminds me of my favorite interior detailer - the Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. To be honest, I think this product will replace my Meg's QID.

All In One Leather Lotion:
    This product has a very thick consistency. It spreads out easy and it covers a lot of area. It makes your leather extremely soft and supple. It reduces some mild creases/cracks/marks by making the leather taut. This tells me the product simply works! The smell is like other leather conditioners in the market. The product makes leather shiny but what I love about this product is that it turns matte a few minutes later. Kind of like a self-leveling feature. I hate shiny and slippery leather and this is not either of those! What I love about this product is the AIO nature of it. It cleans, conditions and protects all in one step. It makes leather cleaning and conditioning very easy. Now I don't dread conditioning my leather seats.

Conclusion:

Seriously, the more products I try from McKee's 37, the more I'm impressed by their products. If you are looking for interior products to clean your interior and clean/condition your leather, look no further. Give the McKee's 37 Fast Interior Detailer and All In One Leather Lotion a shot. They work extremely well and as advertised. I'm extremely satisfied with the performance of these products and I know I will keep using them in my future interior details. Interior and leather detailing just got a whole lot easier.

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & How-To: Spruce Up Your Interior With McKee's 37 Interior Products

Great review. I agree that these are two great products.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review Marc. Photo documentation was superb. Interior looks super clean

Post Thanks / Like

This is great review and products that really work as described and done very impressed with the reviewer and products

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff and nice review.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, Mark. I'm with you on the "dreaded interiors". Great review too!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Marc! What an in depth review! Nicely done good sir.

Thanks for taking the time to put this all together to share with the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review Marc!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, thanks for the excellent documentation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Great review. I agree that these are two great products.
    Thanks a lot Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Awesome review Marc. Photo documentation was superb. Interior looks super clean
    Thank you so much Haris!

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    This is great review and products that really work as described and done very impressed with the reviewer and products
    Thanks a lot atgonzales! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Great stuff and nice review.
    Thank you GSKR!

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Very nice, Mark. I'm with you on the "dreaded interiors". Great review too!
    Thanks a lot Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Wow Marc! What an in depth review! Nicely done good sir.

Thanks for taking the time to put this all together to share with the forum.
    Thank you so much Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Excellent review Marc!
    Thanks a lot Frank! I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Great review, thanks for the excellent documentation.
    Thank you so much cyclops!
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast