autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Mike as always nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMak97008 View Post
    I park in a parking garage in downtown Portland, OR. The car always seems to get dusty and did so before using UFF, which is why I looked at UFF. So I don't think it's a matter of UFF attracting dust as much as its a dusty environment and the dust settles in the paint and seems to stick rather than some or all of it blowing off while driving.
    I'm not saying it won't dust at all, but in a 50/50 it dust way less

They show it around 1:50

https://youtu.be/JI9QRx9MNCc

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question here, we can't get UFF in Canada so I bought some by crossing the border in Niagara Falls, NY. I want to pick up another can and I'm going to Niagara Falls this week however I will be leaving my car parked at the airport for 4 days and the temperature is going to be cold during that time (temperature range of 15F to 30F) I won't have time to go to Walmart after the trip, only before, so this means if I'm going to buy a can it's going to sit in my trunk for those 4 days in those cold temps. Will this cause a problem for UFF? I know they say it's not good to store it in very hot temps but what about cold?

Post Thanks / Like

no prob

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Or back like one of those thermal bags to put them in maybe??

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Only $9- at my Walmart now you can't beat it

Sent from my Z982 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to using this gotta say the application and slickness are very impressive

I thought it applied better than the other WOWA products I had used. CS, OOS, and UPGP

Will be interested to see how it works with dust, rain, etc over the next several weeks

Belated thanks for the review Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that UFF continues to gain traction as a dust-repelling LSP. I did a little testing of my own and didn't reach the same conclusion exactly. The details are in this thread: Testing LSP maintenance products for dust attraction.

I haven't used it since, mainly because I really like applying D156 (how easy it spreads, how it almost never streaks, how it smells, etc) particularly as a drying aid. Because of this, sealant longevity isn't as high a priority for me as it once was. Maybe I'll try UFF again sometime when I need longer-lasting protection and a short application time. I have some left over.

10. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BryanH View Post
    It's interesting that UFF continues to gain traction as a dust-repelling LSP. I did a little testing of my own and didn't reach the same conclusion exactly. The details are in this thread: Testing LSP maintenance products for dust attraction.

I haven't used it since, mainly because I really like applying D156 (how easy it spreads, how it almost never streaks, how it smells, etc) particularly as a drying aid. Because of this, sealant longevity isn't as high a priority for me as it once was. Maybe I'll try UFF again sometime when I need longer-lasting protection and a short application time. I have some left over.
    Interesting I don’t expect it to have a force field from dust I drive through a dust cloud everyday and work next to a couple rock quarries and materials facilities so there is dust everywhere constantly

Obviously some LSPs IMO dust far more than others. I put Duragloss 101 on a door and the rear fascia of my car last week and that next day it rained in while I was at work those 2 panels looked the worst.

Coating that I used Cquartz ti02 has been the best but sonax PNS is also very good in this aspect

Hoping megs is around where these are as it’s easy to use and a good value $ wise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I put Duragloss 101 on a door and the rear fascia of my car last week and that next day it rained in while I was at work those 2 panels looked the worst.
    This is not surprising to me. I once used some 105 or 501 to clean up a small blemish on my trunk lid, and when I got home the next day I had a perfect circle of heavy dust where I had applied it. It only took me a few moments to realize that the application of the product, followed by the buffing, created significant static electricity that attracted the dust. Wiped off the dust and applied #921 to the whole lid and everything was hunky dory!!

13. Thanks Success thanked for this post
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112