autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster - Review

Hello,

I cannot remember if I had reviewed this product before, but this is the first time I gave it a thorough use.

When I first got this product, my expectation was it would act like a quick detailer. Seeing the trigger style bottle, that was what I expected. That could not be further from reality. This product applies just like a coating, in that it is sprayed on the surface, spread with a foam applicator, and then buffed off. Its behavior in this process is almost identical to Black Label Paint coating itself. It spreads evenly and high spots are easily buffed away. It is also very forgiving like the black Label Coating in that high spots can be wiped away later with no problems (lets say 30+ minutes). I guess think of this product as a quasi coating or coating lite? Nick said this on its own would offer 6 months of protection, so I imagine it would boost a coatings effectiveness even longer than that.

I coated my dads Accord with the Black Label Paint coating about 2 years ago, and it was still holding up. There was still ample water beading, but I figured it was time to give it a refresh on top of the fact the interior needed a good cleaning. I washed the car, decontaminated the paint, and then used Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish on the Hood and roof (I used CarPro Essense Plus on the trunk, more on that later). After the car was clean, I applied the coating booster.

It leaves the paint nice and slick, and well, it looks good!

I do not think this product is understood or possibly even used often or properly. Lets see how long it boosts the life of the coating for:

PS, please ignore the dirty wheel wells. They were ignored by me
    Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster

Mike Phillips

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster - Review

Nice review Jaret.

I would agree with you. I don't think these products are understood and/or used correctly.

I use the detailer and the booster on my wife's Mercedes-Benz and find they work really well after the initial coating is properly applied.

Couple of comments....

The booster is all about adding protection or boosting protection. I can tell it works simply by paying attention to the results from application. The glassy look is maxed out. The slickness is maxed out. The water beading is maxed out. The ease of washing is maintained. The drying speed is maintained. These are the primary benefits of any coating and the booster product is a fast way to maintain the original coating application.

One thing about the booster....

It has ZERO cleaning ability. By this I mean, after you dry your car if there are any water spots on the paint, glass or plastic surfaces, you cannot remove them using the booster. This means you need to remove all water as you're drying or remove any water spots using the detailer. The detailer will clean, but not the booster.

Here's something I wrote about these two products...

Black Label Coating Detailer & Booster - Synergistic Chemical Compatibility

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster - Review

Great points Mike. To be on the safe side, and because I knew the paint had not been cleaned ever, I also used the Black Label Cleansing Polish prior to applying the booster. Since it is non abrasive, it will not effect the existing coating, merely cleaning the coated surface.

Keep in mind, this car does not get hand washed. It goes through an automated car wash once a week and thats it. Other than the love I give it once a year.