autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckee's 360. No shelf life

I have not used my McKees in about 6 months. When I went to use it today this is what it looked like after shaking the bottle for a long time.

Mckee's 360. No shelf life-imageuploadedbyagonline1480097922-162503-jpg

Mckee's 360. No shelf life-imageuploadedbyagonline1480097944-612563-jpg

I do keep all my supplies in my house and I shake all my bottles of product about once a month

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mckee's 360. No shelf life

I attribute it to that bottle. I have some of those, and they are not air tight like the bottles that the products come in. Take that bottle, close the dispenser, and give it a squeeze. It will leak air and possibly even product between the lid and body if you squeeze hard enough. They are nice for dispensing product but not good for long term storage. If I keep a wax, polish, or similar product in these bottles long term I will take a small piece of Saran (plastic) wrap and place it over the neck of the bottle before screwing the cap on.

I have experienced some hardening of 845 and Menzerna 3500 in these bottles without using the plastic wrap. With the plastic wrap I can store them in the basement over winter without any issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    I attribute it to that bottle. I have some of those, and they are not air tight like the bottles that the products come in. Take that bottle, close the dispenser, and give it a squeeze. It will leak air and possibly even product between the lid and body if you squeeze hard enough. They are nice for dispensing product but not good for long term storage. If I keep a wax, polish, or similar product in these bottles long term I will take a small piece of Saran (plastic) wrap and place it over the neck of the bottle before screwing the cap on.

I have experienced some hardening of 845 and Menzerna 3500 in these bottles without using the plastic wrap. With the plastic wrap I can store them in the basement over winter without any issues.
    I had the same issues using one of these bottles to store some Optimum Hyper Polish. The product separated in a few months.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. I Will probable just toss all my bottles because I just wasted about 6oz of wgdgps when I squeezed the bottle the hole cap flew off, and just lost about 8 oz of McKees 360. These little cheap bottles just costed me money.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tons of 360 (unused) that is almost a year old and in perfect condition. Likely the bottle you have.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

I just placed An order from autopia and my free gift was 3 of these bottles. Just my luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrav View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I Will probable just toss all my bottles because I just wasted about 6oz of wgdgps when I squeezed the bottle the hole cap flew off, and just lost about 8 oz of McKees 360. These little cheap bottles just costed me money.
    I hope you didn't waste the wgdps because of my suggestion to squeeze the bottle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    I hope you didn't waste the wgdps because of my suggestion to squeeze the bottle
    No this happened before I posted.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to squeeze these bottles with the cap on and din't leak any air:
    Autogeek Squeeze Bottle, Autogeek dispenser

Should I be worried too?

Post Thanks / Like

I just used up about 1/4 of a bottle I received in February and has been sitting in my garage the entire time. No issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast