autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review of Griot's Garage Liquid Gloss Poly Wax

Quote Originally Posted by osiapstndp View Post
    Hello everyone,

Today I want to share my recent experience with Griot's Garage Liquid Gloss Poly Wax. I first saw the product on Auto Geek, but initially thought it was not worthwhile - it's just another sealant. After hearing positive buzz about the product on the Auto Geek forum I decided to try it out.

My black Challenger was the first subject on which I tested. The Poly Wax applied smoothly with my Flex 3401 and it removed off of each surface with minor effort. As a bonus, the sealant smells like Christmas! That may be an odd simile, but it sticks.

The result of the first application was good, by which I mean similar to other top-tier sealants (in my book) such as Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3.0 and Jescar PowerLock.

Fast toward a bit and I ended up using Poly Wax on a few customers' vehicles with no complaints or issues. Great!

My wife has a 2006 Ford Taurus with paintwork that shows signs of its end of life, such as haziness, cracking, brittleness, and whatever else one may think of. In addition, the car is the victim of multiple hail storms and it only gets washed and "detailed" very infrequently. The car sits outside 24/7 and contends with a neighborhood of stubborn trees that like to have their way (that means a filthy vehicle).

Approximately five months ago, with almost no daylight to spare, I hurriedly performed a waterless wash on all of the exterior surfaces of the Taurus with D114. Afterward I decided to apply Poly Wax to the paintwork with what I had on hand - a microfiber applicator. The sealant didn't perform miracles, such as replacing haziness with clarity, but that is not expected with a product whose purpose is to protect the paint's finish.

Now, here comes the fun part! After all this time my wife's Taurus has not been washed, clayed, re-sealed, or otherwise cleaned since I last touched it many months ago. Below is a testimonial to the endurance of Griot's Garage Liquid Gloss Poly Wax, even on a car that suffers so much neglect.

The Roof
    Attachment 53355

The Hood
    Attachment 53356

The Deck Lid and Spoiler
    Attachment 53357

The Roof
    Attachment 53358

I will summarize my experience with a single interjection. Wow!

This product earns a 5/5 from me in the categories of ease of application, removal, overall look and feel, and especially durability. I normally don't care about water beading, but it was mighty cool to see such a characteristic of five-month-old sealant.
    [ATTACH]54237[/ATReview of Griot's Garage Liquid Gloss Poly Wax-1482550071294-jpgT,ACH]
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I did a white car a couple weeks ago with it. I'll have to take a look after some hard rains today to see how it looks - usually it gets those ugly "cry" marks under the door handles really easily.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review of Griot's Garage Liquid Gloss Poly Wax-1482549973587-jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234