autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

RivFan Review: "The Belt"

Thank you Nick for selecting me to do a product review of "The Belt" when it was first introduced a couple months ago... Before posting my review, I wanted to spend some time with this product to see if it really was something that would benefit the "weekend warrior" type of detailer such as myself. Here is a link to the product for you to check out for yourself:

The Belt, best detailing belt, detailing tools, easy detailing tools

Upon receiving The Belt I placed all of the various bags onto the velcro belt and placed it around my waist. I am 6'3" tall and weigh 245 lbs. That sounds like a good build for a Linebacker, but truth-be-told for a middle age guy from Wisconsin who drinks a lot of micro-brews I am just plain fat. Most of my weight sits around my middle (i.e. a literal "beer gut") so my initial impression was that The Belt was not all that comfortable. This is not the products fault, but if you are overweight like me you may want to take that fact into consideration when deciding whether to order The Belt.

I was a bit confused by the "cord wrangler loop" (did not look at the AG product description prior to assembly), so that was immediately "repurposed" for use on my open car hauler trailer and never made it on to the belt. After initially trying on the belt with all of the various bags, I took it right off and removed all but the two largest bags which I then positioned over my left and right hips. This for me was much better and more comfortable to wear.

As a weekend warrior most of my detailing consists of doing rinseless washes on the two daily driver's in my household. The Belt worked well for holding a waffle weave drying towel in one pocket and a quick detailer or spray wax in the other for use as a drying aid. It took a little bit of an adjustment at first to get used to The Belt, but I must say it did improve my productivity and now has become second nature when reaching for a wipe down towel or a spray bottle.

This past weekend I completed a full paint correction and ceramic coating on my first "paid customer" detail job. The Belt worked well during the DA polishing process, as I was able to keep a microfiber polish removal towel in one pocket, and my polish and pad cleaning brush handy in the other. This helped my efficiency and made the whole process more productive. I guess that is the point of utilizing a tool such as this so in this regard The Belt is a winner and a product I would recommend.

By way of constructive criticism, my only two cons for this product would be the price and the one pocket with "THE BELT" printed on it. The Belt may be best purchased on sale and as part of one of the available packages to really be the best value. The $60 price point for the belt by itself is just a bit steep IMHO. I also would not walk around my shop wearing something that says "THE BELT" on one of the pockets in big letters, and fail to see how this would look professional for somebody who does automotive detailing as a full-time business. This may not bother you but it is just one of those things that does not work personally for me. I'm a fat guy with vanity I guess .

All-in-all The Belt is a useful product and one that can benefit the weekend detailer and professional detailer alike.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RivFan Review: "The Belt"

I'd love a way to store towels, a small bottle of chemical, and my iPhone on me when I'm detailing, but I'm more overweight than you and have a mushroom waist, so just a belt probably wouldn't work for me.

How about some detailing suspenders? I'm not kidding. It could use the same pockets as the belt. It could use a lightweight nylon strap system with loops built in to connect the pockets and to keep them from sliding down. Maybe a cooling/hydration pack could fit on the back.

A person with a mushroom waist has a very hard time with waist-riding equipment. If we put it under our guts and love handles, it won't stay put unless it's cinched very tightly, and if we put it around our bellies and love handles, it binds and can even restrict breathing. Plus, anything wrapped around the largest portion of our waists looks utterly ridiculous.

Of course losing weight is the overriding solution, but ironically, detailing is how I get the bulk of my exercise.

I don't mind the looks of this product. I'm assuming it's made by Detailer's Helper, but it'd look better in black with the Autogeek logo.
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    By way of constructive criticism, my only two cons for this product would be the price and the one pocket with "THE BELT" printed on it. The Belt may be best purchased on sale and as part of one of the available packages to really be the best value. The $60 price point for the belt by itself is just a bit steep IMHO. I also would not walk around my shop wearing something that says "THE BELT" on one of the pockets in big letters, and fail to see how this would look professional for somebody who does automotive detailing as a full-time business. This may not bother you but it is just one of those things that does not work personally for me. I'm a fat guy with vanity I guess .
    Thanks for posting your review. I think you did a great job of providing great details, and gotta give you credit for keeping it real..
    I can't help but notice that this version of "The Belt" is still batting 1.000 in regards to every review mentioning how unattractive it is. You're right, the blue color choice.. There's just no nice way to slice it, it looks hideous. I agree with you on the lettering on the pocket that says "The Belt".... Like seriously, it's cringe worthy. How did this this design make it to production?? Smh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    How about some detailing suspenders? I'm not kidding. It could use the same pockets as the belt. It could use a lightweight nylon strap system with loops built in to connect the pockets and to keep them from sliding down. Maybe a cooling/hydration pack could fit on the back.
    I can totally agree with the initial thought.. I also thought about a similar idea as another option when I 1st saw the Detailers Helper Belt. I thought about maybe using my old safety vest for this purpose. However the pockets on this vest are next to usless for holding any detailing products. Only 2 narrow pockets on the top each side, above your chest and they're also not deep enough to be useful. No other pockets on the outside of this vest. [even though it looks like there would be a bunch of cool pockets] It's a shame, because this vest would be kinda worthy for detailing..

Tactical Kickass Commando Detailing Vest 2.0. Lol.

RivFan Review: "The Belt"-imageuploadedbyagonline1478031021-988939-jpg

Since "THE VEST" proved to be useless for detailing, I ended up with a belt... But not "THE BELT".... Luckily, I don't have to look ridiculous if and when I choose to wear mine. Lol
    I got it as a gift, and thank God it's not the blue version in this review😃

RivFan Review: "The Belt"-imageuploadedbyagonline1478031318-187214-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda like the blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Kinda like the blue.
    Hey good to see you, Jeff.👍🏽

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The belt is stylish? C'mon!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a chick magnet. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you BadgerRivFan for the nice review.

Always enjoy reading these, whether it be for or against as it goes to show a given product may work for some but not others.

Also, cheers to the first paying customer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    but ironically, detailing is how I get the bulk of my exercise.
    I've said this many times. Spend 3-4 hours detailing and you're famished!

Sometimes it's the other way - light detailing after a big meal. Feels good man.