autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Ragg Topp Convertible Top Care Kit & Ragg Topp Brush Review

Finally got to test out my Ragg Tapp Vinyl Top Cleaning Kit, as well as my brandy new Ragg Tapp Convertible Brush, complaints of Autogeek (Thanks guys!).

Ragg Topp Convertible Top Care Kit & Ragg Topp Brush Review-ragg-topp-2-jpg

Let me premise this by defending the cleaner right off the bat. My beloved Chevelle sat for many years in the garage without proper care, so the top is quite dirty and is scheduled to be replaced. (Drivetrain, engine, brakes, then paint, top, and interior.) So the this was no slight task for any cleaner.

To begin, let me say how much I like the brush. It’s quite large, yet comfortable in my hand. The bristles are long and soft and work well.

Ragg Topp Convertible Top Care Kit & Ragg Topp Brush Review-ragg-topp-1-jpg
    Before
    According to the direction on the bottle, I rinsed the top to remove loose dirt, then sprayed the top liberally. I let the Ragg Tapp cleaner dwell for around 12 minutes (10-20 per directions) and then began brushing.

I did notice the top getting slightly cleaner while working with it, and rinsing revealed that it had removed some of the embedded dirt.

For fun, I decided to try a section with Amazing Roll Off, as a few people had told me that it was good for convertible tops.

The section closest to the windshield (on the left) was done with Ragg Tapp, the section to the right was done with Roll Off, but still using the Ragg Tapp brush. (I really like that brush!)
    Ragg Topp Convertible Top Care Kit & Ragg Topp Brush Review-ragg-topp-4-jpgRagg Topp Convertible Top Care Kit & Ragg Topp Brush Review-ragg-topp-3-jpg
    After, better, but too much to ask of these cleaners.

The Roll Off did foam up a little better, and it seemed that more dirt was coming off while scrubbing. After rinsing, I’d call it a draw. Like I said, that top is so rough that it will take multiple attempts to get it close to clean. I’ll hit it again soon, and update when I do. Right now, I'm calling this inconclusive.

However, as I am sold on the brush, so am I sold on the Ragg Tapp Vinyl Protectant. I did notice my top drinking that up and like the sheen it left behind. I’ll definitely be treating my new top with that!

"All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ragg Topp Convertible Top Care Kit & Ragg Topp Brush Review

My MB dealer screwed up on a repair and gave me a free detailing inside and out. I noticed after I picked up the car and it rained, that the top was not beading up like it used to. They must have shampooed the cabriolet top. So, I took the Raggtop protectant and spayed the top 3 times yesterday. It should be beading very well the next time it rains.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ragg Topp Convertible Top Care Kit & Ragg Topp Brush Review

Quote Originally Posted by dudley07726 View Post
    So, I took the Raggtop protectant and spayed the top 3 times yesterday. It should be beading very well the next time it rains.
    Please let me know how it works for you.
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut