autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - McKee's All-in-one Leather Lotion

I received this product from AG at no cost, and in return, I agreed to write a review. I will try to keep this as objective as I can.

Copy from AG

Anti-aging cream for your vehicle’s leather, vinyl and plastic surfaces!

How often do you clean the leather upholstery in your vehicle? Frequent car care is easy car care, which is why McKee’s 37 developed a one-step solution to cleaning, conditioning and protecting expensive leather upholstery with All-In-One Leather Lotion. This anti-aging cream penetrates deep into the leather, lifting dirt and grime so it can be wiped away with a soft microfiber towel. The result? The leather upholstery in your vehicle will be soft, supple, and sanitary!

There are three reasons why your vehicle is equipped with leather upholstery:

1. You purchased an expensive luxury car or SUV that came standard with leather seating surfaces.
    2. Your vehicle offered leather upholstery as an upgrade from cloth, and you opted for it.
    3. Your vehicle did not offer leather as an upgrade from the factory, so you had it installed from an aftermarket upholstery shop.

The point is, regardless of how your vehicle ended up with leather upholstery, you paid for it! Clean and protect it using QUALITY products,or in this case, one product – McKee’s 37 All-In-One Leather Lotion.

Do you like the smell of new leather? We do! McKee’s 37 All In One Leather Lotion will make your interior smell like that of a $250,000 British Luxury Sedan that has acres of leather inside. This is made possible by quality chemistry that forgoes inexpensive, high-octane solvents and greasy petroleum distillates.
    McKee’s 37 All-In-One Leather Lotion is not a magical cream that restores older, neglected leather to like new-condition – the truth is, such a product does not exist. What it is designed to do is PREVENT long-term leather deterioration from happening in the first place. We know your time is valuable, which is why we created a product that cleans, conditions, AND protects in one step. Here’s the kicker: you actually have to use All In One Leather Lotion in order to reap the benefits!
    Here’s the good news: McKee’s 37 All In One Leather Lotion only takes minutes to apply, and it’s 100% safe for leather, vinyl, and plastic interior trim. As a matter of fact, the durable UV inhibitors found in this luxurious lotion are beneficial for plastic and vinyl surfaces. Synthetic lanolin oils penetrate deep into the pores of the leather, keeping it nourished so it remains soft and flexible. Regular application will also reduce the effects of dye-transfer on lighter colored leather.

Cleans, conditions and protects in one step, awesome. I'm not a firm believer in the ability to condition a tanned and painted leather. I'm in the clean and protect camp. But, as long as these conditioners don't have a negative affect on the leather, I'm OK with them being there.

I am a regular user of AIO leather products, so this product is right up my alley. From a business perspective, I offer a 1-step leather treatment or a 3-step leather treatment. Having an AIO allows me to offer an entry level service that's economical because I can get the work done quickly. I also like that I can use it on vinyl and rubber, though I have other options I prefer for those surfaces.

I had an Audi Allroad that spend a few years in california. Upon arrival the leather look tired. I was only commissioned for an exterior, but I had some extra time before the vehicle was going to be picked up and this was the perfect candidate to try McKee's on.

The product does have a nice leather scent. I do feel most of these products have an artificial leather scent, or perhaps it just doesn't match the cars I normally work on. Regardless, it's pleasant. I've had a couple customers ask what I used because after living with it for a week or two, they want their car to smell like that permanently, so that's a good thing.

Upon use I do find most of these lotions don't readily absorb into a MF applicator or towel, so I use the butterfly technique and squish the dollop of product into the applicator. In this case I used a towel for application and buffing. After doing the butterfly, I will work one part of a seat at a time, either seat or back. I will dab the product in a few spots and then wipe it in with light to medium pressure. The product does spread well, but I feel like I use quite a bit, which is typical of leather protectant in my experience. I haven't gotten through the whole bottle, but at my usage rate, it will probably last 10-12 cars.

Here's the 50/50 of the seat.

And the towel, just the corner was used

The McKee's AIO Leather Lotion picked up a lot of dirt and left a very nice finish. It darkened this tired leather as well, I feel like the appearance is a bit artificial, but not 'dressed', I was able to knock it down a bit more with a little bit of extra buffing. To me it leaves a squeeky leather with just a little bit of slip. I would not use this on a steering wheel or shift knob, just to be safe.

Overall I like this product, and I'll continue to use it. I'm torn a bit between the pinnacle leather cleaner and conditioner and this product. I feel they are very similar, McKee's gets the edge in cleaning and I like the finish of Pinnacle just a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - McKee's All-in-one Leather Lotion

Nice review!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk