autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use

Hi guys,
    I was fortunate enough to receive a bottle of Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash in a Mystery Bag purchase on another PBMG site. As an old school hose and bucket kind of guy, I never even considered waterless or rinseless options. That would just scratch the hell out of the paint. I'm not falling for this new fangled hooey! Bah!

Well, after some great advice from friend and neighbor BillyJack, I thought I'd give this giant bottle a try. Not on my beloved Chevelle, but on my 2013 Nissan Juke daily driver, aka "Rocket". I had just washed Rocket with a foam cannon, gave him a decent claying, and waxed with Collimate 845 about 9 days ago. We'd had a couple of rainstorms come through, so there was enough "dirt" to make an effort.

Abject terror aside, I grabbed a bunch of fresh microfibers, read the directions (skimmed the directions), and dove in. I took my time and did each panel carefully, but my total time for the whole car was only around 20 minutes.

Before..
    Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-juke-jpg
    (Note the mud from the recent rain.)

All I can say is "WOW!!"

The Liquid Crystal is amazing! I can't believe how easy it is to use, and what a shine it leaves behind. I simply sprayed ample amounts of Liquid Crystal, working one body panel at a time, gently spread it with one MF using only enough pressure to keep the towel in contact with the panel. Then, switching to a dry towel, buffed the panel to a shine. It was a pleasure to work with.

After..
    Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-4-jpgPinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-5-jpg
    Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-6-jpgPinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-7-jpg

Truth be told..
    Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-1-jpgPinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-2-jpg
    There were just a some difficult to photograph water spots.

I'll be sampling a few other waterless options, but the inclusion of the carnauba wax in the Pinnacle Liquid Crystal will keep me coming back. Loving that gloss.
    Last edited by Jimmy Vegas; 09-10-2016 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Photo change
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use

Definitely give Wolfgang Uber a try

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    I will. I'm liking the Wolfgang products I have so far. I hear very good things about Ultima as well.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Uber and Blackfire are far better products in the waterless/rinseless wash segment. I started out with Pinnacle and it stopped me from using waterless products for well over a year. I got a bottle included with my bag too, not what I was hoping for, but I can always use it as a water softener/conditioner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Vegas View Post
    As an old school hose and bucket kind of guy, I never even considered waterless or rinseless options. That would just scratch the hell out of the paint. I'm not falling for this new fangled hooey! Bah!
    glad you came over to the rinseless side of life. IMO it's just as safe if not safer than moving a sponge of soap over the surface of the car. I have been doing 95% rinseless on both our cars for a while now with no issues and I'm a picky SOB when it comes to scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    ^^ this. by far the best of the ones I've tried. nothing else for me.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

That "before" photo though....

Rinseless & waterless science are hitting full strides. Comparing between known brands is like reading a Superbike shootout - all are within few tenths of each other, there really isn't a "loser" among the bunch. With that said, Uber is ahead of the pack when it comes to shine and slickness.

How many towels you ended up using?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    How many towels you ended up using?
    Just the one.

I kid, I kid. Since the car is so small, and was so clean to start, I think I only needed 4 16 x 16 towels.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

I may have celebrated a bit too soon. It looks like I may not have switched towels often enough. In daylight, and with my friends LED inspection light, the paint looked almost perfect. I knew there was some spiderwebbing prior to my waterless, but I didn't give the car a good inspection.

However, when I went to dinner, I spotted some problems under the sodium lights in the parking lot, and they were noticeable with the LED security light in my driveway.

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-scratches-jpg
    Best photo I could get.
    These seem to follow what would have likely been my wipe pattern.

I'll do a wash, clay, 360 or Ultimate Compound, then wax this week.

Edited Follow Up: I went out with some Meguiars Ultimate Compound to have a go at the section in the photo. Those scratches are definitely under the wax and were not made by me today. I checked a few other body panels, and it must have just been due to that corner being easy to see that caused me to notice the scratches. There is spiderwebbing on the hood, but I knew that was there from before. (I have some 360 earmarked for that.) But I checked the roof, doors, etc. I rescind my previous statement that it was anything I did today. On the plus side, I should get a feel for Griot's Spray Wax as that what I treated that panel with after the compound and we're to get some pretty decent rain tonight.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Vegas View Post
    Hi guys,
    I was fortunate enough to receive a bottle of Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash in a Mystery Bag purchase on another PBMG site. As an old school hose and bucket kind of guy, I never even considered waterless or rinseless options. That would just scratch the hell out of the paint. I'm not falling for this new fangled hooey! Bah!

Well, after some great advice from friend and neighbor BillyJack, I thought I'd give this giant bottle a try. Not on my beloved Chevelle, but on my 2013 Nissan Juke daily driver, aka "Rocket". I had just washed Rocket with a foam cannon, gave him a decent claying, and waxed with Collimate 845 about 9 days ago. We'd had a couple of rainstorms come through, so there was enough "dirt" to make an effort.

Abject terror aside, I grabbed a bunch of fresh microfibers, read the directions (skimmed the directions), and dove in. I took my time and did each panel carefully, but my total time for the whole car was only around 20 minutes.

Before..
    Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-juke-jpg
    (Note the mud from the recent rain.)

All I can say is "WOW!!"

The Liquid Crystal is amazing! I can't believe how easy it is to use, and what a shine it leaves behind. I simply sprayed ample amounts of Liquid Crystal, working one body panel at a time, gently spread it with one MF using only enough pressure to keep the towel in contact with the panel. Then, switching to a dry towel, buffed the panel to a shine. It was a pleasure to work with.

After..
    Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-4-jpgPinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-5-jpg
    Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-6-jpgPinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-7-jpg

Truth be told..
    Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-1-jpgPinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-pin-ww-2-jpg
    There were just a some difficult to photograph water spots.

I'll be sampling a few other waterless options, but the inclusion of the carnauba wax in the Pinnacle Liquid Crystal will keep me coming back. Loving that gloss.
    LMAO @ before & after. That is some miracle juice, Jimmy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    LMAO @ before & after. That is some miracle juice, Jimmy!
    That'll, like, buff out, man.

- Kurt Vonnegut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast