autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use

I need an arm rest for a Juke. I haven't been able to find a junk yard with one. How about pulling the one off of that junked Juke for me if you have access. Pm me if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=rlmccarty2000;1424298]I need an arm rest for a Juke. I haven't been able to find a junk yard with one.[\QUOTE]

Worth a shot... Try searching car-part.com:

http://car-part.com/
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Vegas View Post
    Attachment 52205
    Best photo I could get.
    These seem to follow what would have likely been my wipe pattern.

I'll do a wash, clay, 360 or Ultimate Compound, then wax this week.

Edited Follow Up: I went out with some Meguiars Ultimate Compound to have a go at the section in the photo.

U.Compound is way overkill for those marks. U.Polish will be all you need and will result in a much nicer finish too. Start with a white pad and green or orange if needed but I doubt you'll need more than a white one.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    U.Compound is way overkill for those marks. U.Polish will be all you need and will result in a much nicer finish too. Start with a white pad and green or orange if needed but I doubt you'll need more than a white one.
    That's what I would think, but when I tried, first with Mckee's 37 360, then Ultimate compound on an orange pad, nothing. I'm beginning to think the previous owner, or the dealer may have put some coating on that I'm not getting through yet. (Collinite 845 couldn't withstand that.)

I had tried the 360 on a test section of the hood with a white pad after the wash and clay last week with almost no improvement. I'm hoping to put some time in on it this coming weekend. It's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong, but I should have seen some change in the spiderwebbing, and haven't.

For the record, all Lake County CC pads, Porter Cable 7424XP, speed 5.5 for polishing, firm pressure.

Any thoughts and advice are appreciated. I'm new to the DA, but have been reading up in Mike's book, watching the videos, and reading this site for months before attempting it, so I can't be screwing it up that badly, can I? I mean, at least I'd expect to see new scratches at some point.
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

How does this differ from Wolfgangs vs. McKee's vs. Blackfire?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Shout out and thanks to everyone who recommended the Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash. I mixed a batch to use as waterless and tried it out today. I was blown away. I actually did my mother's Town Car in about 20 minutes (if memory serves, they have 7 hectares of paint from the factory), and did my juke in under 10. (This is also a great excuse to order more MF towels.)

I'm going to keep both in my inventory as the carnauba that Pinnacle Waterless leaves behind will come in handy, especially when cleaning during the Pennsylvania winters. And the Uber will be for just about everything else. Another home run from Wolfgang, with much respect to Pinnacle.

Chevelle and motorcycle next.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Word of Caution: I used the Pinnacle again today to get one more cleaning in while we still have some warm weather. (70 today, down to 38 with snow by Sunday.) The sprayer on the 32oz bottle of Pinnacle Crystal Waterless is perfect! I sprays a fine mist with great coverage.

However.. you might want to breathe through your nose when spraying. Carnauba, in its purest form, is edible.1 However, many things are technically "edible" which really are not, as they taste like a dumpster fire. Broccoli, pickles, and salad, just to name a few. Please help spread the word.2

Beyond that, my daily driver looks great, and that little bit of carnauba on top of the Collinite is just that much more peace of mind heading into the winter weather.

I did the wheels with Uber.3 Still loving it, too!

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-winter-clean-1-jpg Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-winter-clean-2-jpg

1Unless I'm making it up.
    2Think of the children!
    3 No carnauba for you! Stupid wheels.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Vegas View Post
    Quick Word of Caution: I used the Pinnacle again today to get one more cleaning in while we still have some warm weather. (70 today, down to 38 with snow by Sunday.) The sprayer on the 32oz bottle of Pinnacle Crystal Waterless is perfect! I sprays a fine mist with great coverage.

However.. you might want to breathe through your nose when spraying. Carnauba, in its purest form, is edible.1 However, many things are technically "edible" which really are not, as they taste like a dumpster fire. Broccoli, pickles, and salad, just to name a few. Please help spread the word.2

Beyond that, my daily driver looks great, and that little bit of carnauba on top of the Collinite is just that much more peace of mind heading into the winter weather.

I did the wheels with Uber.3 Still loving it, too!

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-winter-clean-1-jpg Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash - First use-winter-clean-2-jpg

1Unless I'm making it up.
    2Think of the children!
    3 No carnauba for you! Stupid wheels.
    I tried the Pinnacle Liquid Crystal based on your review and can't say enough great things about it as well. Using it on my winter car has been great so far. I did order Uber for a rinseless for when winter really sets in. I'll have to mix up some for waterless as well it sounds.

By the way our 70 weather is turning into 30's a day ahead of you here in WI. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

jdubs, glad the review was useful to you. I'm a recent waterless convert, and couldn't be happier with both he Pinnacle and Wolfgang Uber. I use the Uber prior to polishing, or for applications where I don't want anything lefty behind. The Pinnacle is great for regular washing and in between polishing and waxing. This will be my first winter using waterless, and I'll share my experiences. Please do the same.

Stay warm out there.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

It will be my first winter hand washing cars period. Have a garage now which helps. Sadly my fun car was driven last winter and went through the swirl-wash and I spent this summer learning how to fix it. Now that car's in heated storage and I can test all this fun waterless/rinseless stuff on my winter car over winter. Reviews and pictures to come for sure!

Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12